Assets Missing For Cold Creek Logistics

geno1005

Good Morning:

Due to a crash of my entire Trainz database, I'm attempting to rebuild me entire thing..years worth of assets...from scratch...one download at a time. 8:(

Even though it was designed for TS12, I'm trying to restore the Cold Creek Logistics route that I purchased years ago (even though I know some of the scripted things won't work). I downloaded the free route itself and the asset file that I paid for, but I still have over 20 missing assets that are 'grayed out' and lots of unfilled squares on the route. I vaguely remember this from the original download and think the route may have some dependencies in an earlier JR route, perhaps? Either way, I can't figure out what those assets are or where to find them.

Can anyone point me in the direction of how to figure out how to download these remaining assets?

Thank you.

i might be wrong but if you bought a asset from jr you should be able to sign in a look for your downloads and re-download the item . i lost a lot of assets when i went to 2019 sp3 but managed to get all but one locomotive and pretty sure i have all my routes purchased from jr logging in and finding your download. i hope this helps.
ejb

Yes...probably didn't explain this very well...I have found two files associated with that route. The freeware 'route' itself (which when loaded has very few assets on it) and the cdp file that contained the assets that I purchased with the route. I have both of those and have installed them.

When both of those are installed, it left a few hundred assets to be downloaded from the Download station....AND about 25 or so assets that are showing as "missing" that have no descriptions...just kuid numbers.

I'm trying to figure out what those two-dozen (or so) assets are...and where to find them. It's been many years since I downloaded the route...SEEM to remember that there are some assets from other JR routes... that are required to have everything that I need.

I used to have a young brain that could remember such details, but it's older now and doesn't work as well as it once did...I simply can't remember where those remaining assets came from! Thanks!

Last edited:
-- Go into Content Manager.
-- Highlight the route.
-- Right-click and choose view dependencies.

A new window will open up...

-- Sort the content by clicking on Status so that all the missing dependencies are grouped together. If you don't have Status available, you can add it by right-clicking on the columns and adding it.
-- Highlight all the missing dependences.
-- Copy the list by clicking on Edit, or using your key-combination for Copy. On the PC it's CTRL+C, I don't remember if it's Option or Command on a Mac. (I used and supported Macs 10 years ago).
-- Create a new post in the Missing dependencies post them here post located in the General Trainz forum. Missing Kuids? Post them here. (auran.com)
-- Paste the list there using whatever your key combination is to paste.

People will see this post and then give you the location of the assets. They won't send you the assets directly.

Hope this helps.

For this particular module, I think the missing KUIDs are the old Pofig trees, which were never updated for TANE.

The module works in TANE, it just won't have any foliage. Pick the ones you want and place them to suit your own eye!

The scripting for the Cold Creek Logistics building itself (and the multi industry assets) don't work in TRS19, but you can still run trains on it.

If the trees don't have foliage it's because they're seasonal trees and November is considered winter so there are no leaves. Pofig did create some new trees in Version 6, but not all that I think substituted. The JR MIN assets had trouble in TANE as well, but the route is still great to drive. I merged that and Midwest Grain together in TS12, substituted all my trees with those by RMM and move that along to TANE and TRS2019.

Instead of making us players download hundreds of assets that can be infuriatingly long without an FCT, why not just include them out of the box or in a separate CDP? I know some assets are not JR assets but if they could obtain permission this would save hundreds of hours of download time for non-FCT users.

Instead of making us players download hundreds of assets that can be infuriatingly long without an FCT, why not just include them out of the box or in a separate CDP? I know some assets are not JR assets but if they could obtain permission this would save hundreds of hours of download time for non-FCT users.

Some content creators do that on third-party websites, but that's technically a copyright violation if the third-party site is hosting files don't belong to them and there are specific statements in the content stating to be hosted on the DLS only. The other issue we run into when all kinds of assets are posted elsewhere is versions. Assets are being updated and repaired that are on the DLS, and those that are hosted elsewhere are never upgraded. This can cause all kinds of issues as time goes on as Trainz versions are updated.

Ideally, you should consider getting an FCT. They are pretty inexpensive to begin with and always go on sale. The cost of the FCT goes into supporting the service and is not for profit by N3V. This has always been the case even back in the heady Auran days in the early 2000s when the DLS was first created.

First Class Ticket (choose duration when ordering) | Trainz Store (trainzportal.com)

Thank you everyone...all very helpful. I'm missing some ground textures as well it appears, so I presume some of the mystery assets are those as well. I'll post those over there and hopefully people will help me fill in the blanks. This is the first of many assets that I need to download from scratch, so I guess I need to just figure out some 'best practices' for these sorts of situations?! Thanks again!

Back