Passengers

SP4ever

I know Trainz has a good half-dozen or more track objects for assigning product pickup and drop off. But is there an track object for passengers, so the many stations without this function can be used as more than scenery?

There are quite a number of invisible stations on the DLS; some are even built into the games. I personally recommend the AJS ones.

peter

More than just a "good half-dozen or more". If you set your Content Manager filter to Custom and set

Category = Industry
Installed = True

.. you will see hundreds, and that is just the ones installed in your copy of Trainz. Change the Installed to False and you will see thousands on the DLS available for download.

With passenger stations you have to consider that there are 3 types.

Visible with passenger loading/unloading (commonly called "passenger enabled"),
Visible with no passenger loading/unloading, and
Invisible with passenger loading/unloading

The invisible category are basically a section of invisible track that becomes visible when it is connected to visible track and takes on the appearance of that track. It is placed alongside a visible station (or platform) that is not passenger enabled. This gives you a far greater range of stations, platforms, halts, etc that you can use instead of the smaller number of often very specifically designed passenger enable visible stations.

My favourites and often used invisibble passenger enabled stations are those that start with "AJS" in their names, a few of which I have listed below:-

<kuid2:122285:3401:22> AJS Invisible Station 1T 3.5
<kuid2:122285:3330:20> AJS Station 1x50s
<kuid2:122285:3402:20> AJS Invisible Station 2T 3.5
<kuid2:122285:3335:21> AJS Station 1x50sQ
<kuid:368725:25015> AJS Station 1x50s, no ambient sound
<kuid2:122285:3320:21> AJS Station 1x110s

1T, 2T refers to the number of track platforms. 1x means a single track. 50, 110 is length in metres

Hope this gives you a starting point. Explore.

I thank you both. And as for "half dozen or so", I was talking about those built-in to the game. I hadn't thought to look for more, but hey I didn't know you could set custom filters for CM. That is a HUGE change from earlier editions of this game. Oddly, all of the Multi objects for product assignment have one passenger option, "passengers western". So with that method, I guess I can only haul cowboys.

Thank you for the AJS options. Still so many built-ins that I know not what they do nor what they are for.

Thank you for the AJS options. Still so many built-ins that I know not what they do nor what they are for.

A great reason to explore and experiment. If you download something that you don't like then there are plenty of others to choose from. That is one of the things I love about Trainz, there are endless possibilities.

Back