Water on a model layout?

Forester1

Greetings. I recently downloaded Emily Bay, which is a very nice model layout with the exception of some missing Tiaracuri assets that need substitutions. As I was looking over the route and putting substitutions where they appear to be needed, I noticed that what should be the water in the bay actually looks like an alternating medium brown/dark brown striped pattern. I am not able to determine what this is, as if I do "get" on it, it comes back with "grid" in some places, and "brown grass" in others. It appears to be picking up nearby areas or the floor in this case, not whatever the pattern is. I also found that if I select a water texture to put over it, it appears to be working a few inches below the tabletop. So the water texture does not appear up on the table where it needs to be. Given that, how does one address trying to put a texture on top of the table if the cursor does not go there? I was able to put substitute items where I wanted, as at the land points, the land seems to be ground level, as it were. Thanks for any ideas and advice!

These are water-spline assets. There's something wrong with the mesh and the mapping so the textures are broken. This actually occurred in TANE and the assets were always slow loading in TS12 if I remember so there were problems with them all along.

There are alternatives on the DLS. I can't remember what they offhand since I'm not at my Trainzing PC.

Thanks John. I hadn't thought to look for splines, as I don't see rotating circles at the ends, but I will take up the effort there. Much appreciated! At the least, maybe I can lay some new spline over the top. I do see grasses coming up through it near the shore though. Will see how that works.

Thanks John. I hadn't thought to look for splines, as I don't see rotating circles at the ends, but I will take up the effort there. Much appreciated! At the least, maybe I can lay some new spline over the top. I do see grasses coming up through it near the shore though. Will see how that works.
G'day Forester,

As John mentioned, yes, they are splines. From memory I think they might be quite wide, or the spline points are on the side of the spline? So the points are probably on solid ground areas.

If you go to "Show Wireframe", that should help you visualise where they are and how they are laid out so you can delete them.

Cheers,
Piere.

Thanks Piere! I have not had time to take another look, so hopefully in the next couple of days. I appreciate the tips!

Back