TRC Assets

stouthm

Get over it
Sorry if this has been asked before but I couldn't find it. After continuing the same driving session for more than 2 sessions the TRC Traffic Stoppers do not operate the gates and allow the road vehicles to pass through the consist. Is this a known problem and if so is there a fix? They operate fine in the initial session and even after the next but after that they are not working.

Are you using the TRC or TRC3 assets?

TRC3 are the updated version that work in TRS2019. The plain TRC assets don't work in TRS2019 either reliably, or at all. These will work, or appear to work in previously created routes, but when used to setup a new crossing they don't list the associated components.

I can always count on you to know what's going on. I'm pretty sure I'm using the original TRC assets and if so I will switch over to the TRC3. John, if am using the original assets do you know if I can do a bulk replacement using the TRC3​? Thanks for your help.

I think you can do a replace assets with those. (I really hope you can, actually!).

Thanks. :)

I checked my TRC assets and I seem to be up-to-date with everything. Read an earlier thread concerning this problem and did a EDBR. Haven't run another session yet but I'll check it out and let you know if that works for me. Thanks again.

No luck. The gates and lights still do not work. John, you mentioned TRC3 assets but the only items I see on the dls are Enhanced TRC3 Invisible Interlocking Towers. The TRC Traffic Stoppers all have the :1 after the kuid so I'm thinking that they are the latest updated. Am I thinking wrong? I actually haven't set up a TRC asset yet ( gate and traffic stopper) so that is my next step. The problem TRC assets came with the route that I downloaded. I'll keep trying.

Look for this asset here:

<kuid2:458053:100686:16> TRC 3 Trigger for closure of rail crossing

You can download it from Vincent's website if you don't have it installed. The rest of the assets work with it. If you are using reggiestrainz crossing gates then you need to edit the config.txt file and ensure the following is correct.

category-class "WX"
custom-category-list "TRC"

The biggest problem is the category-class being incorrect.

Hey John, I'm not trying to beat a dead horse here but after looking into your suggestions every asset that is installed was good. Had the correct Trigger for closure and the gates are by (vincentrh) and not (reggiestrainz). The config is correct also. Just out of curiosity I ran a fresh session and all the gates and signals worked but just to add another stumper the bells were ringing even though I had chosen the option "no sound". I'm not about to replace all those gates so I'll just go with what I have for now. Maybe I'll check out Vincent's website if I can find it. Again, thanks for your time and effort.

John, if anything at least I'm persistent. Got them to work. I checked out the tutorial, saw the assets that were needed and downloaded kuid2:61392:4053:25 which is "Named Objects Library" by pguy. I had a different kuid which came with the route.

That's great news. I'm glad you got them working again. I must've had the parts already and never thought that they needed because I got it as part of the package.

Back