TRS19: C&O Hintin Division track defective?

Mike_Sierra

Hi,
Though I'm new to this forum, I'm not new to Trainz Simulators, my first Trainsim was the 2004 version, afterwards TANE. Only these days I changed to TRS19 Platinum Edition.
After a first session in the Belarusian Woodlands I started to d/l the available tracks and was delighted to find Hinton Division even in this version of TRS!
Since ever the tasks on Hinton Division track have been my favourites to follow, but this time it's disappointing:
None of the three tasks is playable - for me: In every case the task starts with the message that a derailment was detected - and quits. The derailment message appears even moments before the explanation window of the task (Avis Yard Work, Multiplayer and Thurmond Express - all the same).
I tried de- and re-installation of the Hinton track, a complete removal and new installation of TRS, no other result than "derailment detected"...
What can I do?

My system: be quiet! Dark Power pro 11 1200W / ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula / Intel Core i9-9900KL, 8x 3.60GHz @ 4.70GHz / Corsair Vengeance LPX Kit 32GB, DDR4-4400, CL19-19-19-39 / 2x ASUS Strix GeForce GTX 1080 Advanced 8MB in SLI mode /3x ASUS MG278Q 27" @2560x1440/60Hz (Surround: 7860x1440/60Hz) / 1x BenQ FP91V+ @1280x1024/60Hz / 1x Samsung SSD EVO 870 2,0TB / 1x Samsung SSD EVO 860 1,0TB / 1x Samsung SSD EVO 840 0,5TB / 1x Samsung SSD 970 EVO M.2 2,0 TB / 3x WD Red Plus 6,0TB HDD / 1x LG GH22LS50 DVD Rewriter / 1x LG BH10LS30 BD Rewriter / SONY SRS-D211 35W Stereo Sub 2.1 / Logitech Unifying Keybord K800 / Logitech Unifying Mouse Performance MX / Saitek Cockpit equipement (Yoke + Throttle, USB-Throttle, Rudder Pedals, Multipanel, Switchpanel, TMP-Panel, Trimwheel) / Win10 Professional 64bit with all updates - TRS19 build 114800

Michael.

None of the three tasks is playable - for me: In every case the task starts with the message that a derailment was detected - and quits.

A known issue and not caused by your system or anything you are doing. I and others have also experienced the same. We are awaiting a solution, presumably from the route creator.

I just tested all sessions and all worked fine for me. No idea why this is happening to some users. I would suggest either a helpdesk request or submit a bug report.

Confirming the derailment of a gondola at the commencement of driver mode in all built-in sessions of Hinton Division in this latest patch. Sessions are terminated due to the derailment.
Does not affect user-created sessions, however. These run correctly.
Great to see that gawpo50 has fixed the building rotation issue so promptly. Thank you!

It is even more disappointing to see that the derailment problem is also present on the Kings Cross Edinburgh set and the Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel course.
It's getting interesting, which tracks are drivable at all!
Michael.

We've made some progress on identifying these derailment issue which occur on certain DLC sessions, generally where a long train is over a number of junctions.

If you have Trainz Plus or Platinum, you can load into Surveyor, then switch to Driver and the derailment does not occur.

For standard edition, Edit Session then save the session as a new session (save session only). Exit and load the saved session. It works fine.

Yes I know this isn't ideal. but it's a very weird bug where things are loaded incorrectly only under a certain combination of situations.

If you have Trainz Plus or Platinum, you can load into Surveyor, then switch to Driver and the derailment does not occur.

I have to report that that is not the case. The derailment notice still appears after switching to Driver from Surveyor and then the session drops back to the Select a Session menu.

Peter

The sessions become "playable", when you open it in editor mode, save the session, leave the editor mode and re-open the session for driving - yes. BUT....
Not even thr forst task (unload the sand and coal hoppers) will work. No hopper is emptied at the designated position. No chance to proceed in these sessions.
That's a disappointment.
Probably will return to TANE - there the sessions did work.
Michael.

Back