Trainz Addons?

PivBoi

Trinidad Kiddo
hello fellow Trainzers . . . or Trainz Users i just want to say that is this cool or no? : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dD9Yrddv-dA
i know that the loco used is from a website that was shut down idk if it was freeware or pay
same about the website if its down or have some overhalls

so tell me if this is good or not

That, my friend, is what we like to call “piracy.” It’s really awful, and is actually illegal to do so.

I seriously don’t get the reasoning behind why they just HAVE to convert these assets, they just HAVE to, don’t they?

I notice that that Youtube channel has advertising so a revenue source, even a small one, could be one reason. It may take time but probably no cost to convert an asset to Android and start getting some "clicks" (and $$) for a new video clip.

I also noticed the really bad coupling between the two locos - to put it crudely, like one dog sniffing the privates of another. Would you really want an asset that looked like that? Probably some would.

That, my friend, is what we like to call “piracy.” It’s really awful, and is actually illegal to do so.

I seriously don’t get the reasoning behind why they just HAVE to convert these assets, they just HAVE to, don’t they?
so is it possable for N3V to takedown the sites or even the youtube vidieo of these?

This comes up in these forums all too regularly. The copyright owner can request that YouTube take down the particular channel but even when they do the violator simply starts a new channel.

3rd party web sites may not even respond to such requests.

Legal action is expensive and can get tangled up in a web of different laws across different countries. The violators often rely on this.

There are methods creators can use to slow down these illegal conversions and make it as difficult as possible. See https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ures-against-unauthorized-android-conversions

And this right here is part of the reason why I despise the trainz app "community."
They are an entitled lot that will gladly brake the law to get what they want, and then flaunt that theft on You Tube seemingly to mock us.

And the less said about their crap "routes" that keep clogging up the DLS the better.

If I had my way about it, I'd segregate them that completely from the community. They don't contribute anything to the community at large, they're simply dead weight.

While I agree personally with your opinions of the app users, Tony has hinted many times that it is a good source of revenue for N3V.

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of converting their own content to Android then offering that so that nobody needs to convert it illegally. Like on your site you’d put up two different downloads the PC CDP version and then the Android format.

I wonder if anyone has ever thought of converting their own content to Android then offering that so that nobody needs to convert it illegally. Like on your site you’d put up two different downloads the PC CDP version and then the Android format.

In a way, you're still condoning the act of sideloading Trainz assets onto Android versions, and by simply providing a link you're also helping these kinds of communities to run. Some users might even think of you negatively if you do so, even if it's technically legal. And not to mention, every single piece has to be your own work too, otherwise you'd be redistributing the dependencies illegally. Even if you did all of this, chances are your stuff might get redistributed without permission anyways. Why? Well most of these users rely on well known individuals and groups for content. Not to mention the amount of money that could be generated simply by monetizing the showcase video and using a money-generating download link.

Last edited:
In a way, you're still condoning the act of sideloading Trainz assets onto Android versions, and by simply providing a link you're also helping these kinds of communities to run. Some users might even think of you negatively if you do so, even if it's technically legal. And not to mention, every single piece has to be your own work too, otherwise you'd be redistributing the dependencies illegally. Even if you did all of this, chances are your stuff might get redistributed without permission anyways. Why? Well most of these users rely on well known individuals and groups for content. Not to mention the amount of money that could be generated simply by monetizing the showcase video and using a money-generating download link.

Couldn't of said it better my self. You're only feeding into their entitlement complex by giving them what they want.
What you should be doing if at all possible is tracking them down and slap them with a legal notice so hard that their tiny heads will spin!

I don't have the android version, but I am curious. I assume since we have a ton of their uploaded routes on the DLS, that they can use DLS assets as well? Or do assets have to be specifically converted to work? Or are just the routes compatible? From this discussion, it sounds as if they have to be converted, and it is illegal for them to do so with DLS assets? So they don't actually get a full valid license for DLS content, they just park their routes there?

Well you won’t believe this but most of the official DLC offerings for mobile versions of Trainz are actually stuff pulled off the DLS by N3V like I only found out recently that my DRS Mk2 reskins have been included with the class 68s iirc. They never even notified me. They could have at least drop me a PM going “Hey mind if we use some of your DLS stuff in this DLC package we want to release for mobile?” Of course there is something in the DLS ToS that lets them do this but it goes in breach of the individual creators license agreements sometimes. Like some clearly say “This asset may not be sold or included in any payware package.” Yet the ones who pick what goes into DLC don’t seem to read it. They don’t even attribute who originally made the content that is sold on the mobile DLC page afaik.
End of rant...

I don't have the android version, but I am curious. I assume since we have a ton of their uploaded routes on the DLS, that they can use DLS assets as well? Or do assets have to be specifically converted to work? Or are just the routes compatible?

I don't know about the "conversion" aspect but I do know about the "compatibility". Basically anything specifically created for TRS19, T:ANE and (probably) TS12 is too advanced for the Android version.

I was asked by N3V a long time ago for permission to use one of my TRS2006 DLS routes for release on a "yet to be released" Android version, which I now know is TS3. At the time I had already updated and uploaded a TS12 version (so it must have been before the release of T:ANE) and when I informed them that this newer version was available they informed me that it would be beyond the graphics capability of the Android mobile platform to use - at least that was the case when they contacted me.

I do have the Android TS3 Trainz, the only app that I have purchased on that platform, and have (naturally) had a look at my route. They have done a lot of work on it - changed some of the assets, used better locos, added navigation points (which I do not believe existed back in TS12, but I could be wrong there), etc. So some "conversion" work may have also been involved. I have since updated the original route again, this time to TRS19 standards, and uploaded it to the DLS.

They could have at least drop me a PM going “Hey mind if we use some of your DLS stuff in this DLC package we want to release for mobile?” Of course there is something in the DLS ToS that lets them do this but it goes in breach of the individual creators license agreements sometimes. Like some clearly say “This asset may not be sold or included in any payware package.” Yet the ones who pick what goes into DLC don’t seem to read it. They don’t even attribute who originally made the content that is sold on the mobile DLC page afaik.

I can understand the rant.

I have had only two experiences of my work being released by N3V in a commercial (paid) version. In both cases I received a PM asking me for permission first. The TS3 Android version of one of my very early routes, as detailed in the post above, and much more recently a DLC version of a DLS session I had created for a DLS route, "Liskeard to Looe" by marky7890. It is possible that any of the other assets I have created and uploaded to the DLS may have appeared in other DLC or TS3 routes/sessions.

You are correct, one of the ToS in uploading to the DLS is that N3V are free to use your work in any DLC or other commercial packages as they see fit. So that negates any license restrictions added by the creator. There are some creators who refuse to upload any of their work to the DLS for that reason but it does not bother me - a personal viewpoint.

It would have been polite to inform you and perhaps that was an unfortunate oversight.

And this right here is part of the reason why I despise the trainz app "community."
They are an entitled lot that will gladly brake the law to get what they want, and then flaunt that theft on You Tube seemingly to mock us.

And the less said about their crap "routes" that keep clogging up the DLS the better.

If I had my way about it, I'd segregate them that completely from the community. They don't contribute anything to the community at large, they're simply dead weight.
Agree i keep seeing these AAAAAAAAAAA routes in the dls

Totally agree. I remember searching for routes and find some with good titles of a real route only to find the thumbnail and description point out it is or likely to be a straight reupload of either C&C USA or British Midlands.

Back