European and British Narrow Gauge Screenshots

Hello smyers,
I will have a go at the early crest, using a sign from Ben Dorsey as an attachment, a bodge, but it may work !!!
Keep up the good work on the "grime"

Cheers, Ken

That'd be great, Ken. The Garratt reskins are so nice. Even the Gill Sans, as on Lyn, would be cool, too. Then we could go all the way back to '48 or so. How would one install a crew into the Euromodeller Garratt? Is it in the config file?

Many Thanks,
smyers

Hello smyers, you can add a crew using "IM.Editor" by adding two new attachment points. The config will need additional tags.
Please see the screenie, note the heads through the roof !!!. You can lower the figures if you like but then they will have no feet!!
I used SAP figures, I don't think he did any seated figures, if he did or perhaps another author, you'll need seats for the crew, "snookered" methinks.

My-Trainz-Screenshot-Image.jpg

Cheers, Ken

Many thanks for posting this, Ken, now I see exactly what you're referring to. Yes, they do look awkward sticking out the cab roof! I have not used IM.Editor. I thought of trying to find shorter figures, but that could take ages, if at all possible. Snookered is right!! Though the reskin is still beautiful.

Best,
smyers

re post #85 Forester1
Hello Forister1,
If adjusting the height use the third figure (I have shown as 0.900m), it's known as the Z axis.
If adjusting where on the length of the model (I have shown as 2.000m) use the axis known as Y.
If adjusting where on the width of the model (I have shown as 0.991m) use the axis known as X.
The use of a minus figure is needed on occasion.
The other figures shown as 0.0 effect the angle and reverse, and are known as RX, RY and RZ.
Most of the above will adjust most but not all of models on the Axes given in IM.Editor
IM.Editor seems to be unavailable from the Trainz Content Creation page, so if you have it keep it safe.

re posts #86 Thule_P and #87 philskene.
Perhaps some kindly content creator, mayhap ????

Cheers, Ken

Last edited:
Beauty, Ken. Does the cycling lion face forward on the other side? Looks like I may have to build a U.K. narrow gauge route!

Best,
smyers

re post #90 smyers

Hello smyers,
Yes the lion faces the correct way, thanks to IM.Editor (https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?1131-Narrow-gauge-screenshots/page237) ( SEE #3548 FOR IM EDITOR) and an old Ben Dorsey sign, thanks for putting the idea in my old head.
Already on the DLS
"BR Early Crest Left mesh 3v6" <kuid:255503:101690>
"BR Early Crest Right mesh 3v6" <kuid:255503:101695>
They are needed for the rear bogie, see attached screenie and the loco should be on the DLS in a day or two.
As a taster for UK narrow gauge https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Briti...well-known,the Lynton & Barnstaple in England
Plenty of stuff on the DLS by clam1952 and edh6, and Steve Flanders at http://www.jatws.org/ing4trainz/index.htm plus others.

Cheers, Ken

Last edited:
Great work, Ken! I'll D/Ling as soon as they're available. Many thanks. Yep, looks like I'll have to start a narrow gauge route.

Best,
smyers

Re post #96 johnarran
Thank you for the compliment
re post #97 smyers
Glad you like the early BR crested garratt. I look forward to a "Grimy" narrow gauge themed route from your good self.
re post #98 philskene
A Welsh themed narrow gauge model railway (railroad) route from your creative mind would be most welcome.

WIP
A visiting locomotive.

Cheers, evilcrow

Last edited:
Back