removing Fixed Track Vertex Height

martinvk

since 10 Aug 2002
In the Interface settings, one of the options is "Fixed track vertex height.
When this is not checked, track will follow the terrain elevation. In surveyor, the spline points are white circles. If I apply a vertex height value, the spline point changes to a yellow circle and it no longer follows the terrain if that is adjusted. Instead an arrow protrudes from the center of the spline pointing to the actual terrain height above or below the spline.

Is there a way to revert to a white spline circle and have the track again follow the actual terrain?

Is there a way to revert to a white spline circle and have the track again follow the actual terrain?

I have just had a "play around" with that. I have never noticed that setting before. But from what I have seen from my experiments, there does not appear to be any way to revert the track to white spline circles except by deleting the track and laying it again with the setting OFF.

In Advanced set of tools in surveyor is one labelled Remove Gradient,
Select it, click on the yellow track circle and see if the result is what you are after.

Cheers
Graham

In Advanced set of tools in surveyor is one labelled Remove Gradient,
Select it, click on the yellow track circle and see if the result is what you are after.

Yes, that worked. Thank you. You learn something new (almost) every day in Trainz.

Yes, that worked. ...
Likewise, how intuitive, LOL. I've used that to remove an applied gradient when attempting to find just the right amount of slope but it never occurred to me that it would also remove an applied vertex height.

Thanks to Graham for pointing that out

Back