Thread: Here is a video demo of my latest layout.

United States of America, Oklahoma, Lawton
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Here is a video demo of my latest layout.

This is an outdoor 1/10 scale model layout. I pretend that all the drivable motor vehicles, boats, trains, carriages and aircraft are physical scale r/c models and autonomous.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=256_KMNO_Gg&t=10s
    TANE SP4 Build 105766, upgraded Aug. 2021, TS12 Build 61388, downloaded Feb. 2018, American citizen, Lawton, OK

Blog Entries

Looks real nice Jon, lots of detail. How about some daylight pics/vids?
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.

There is daylight from about 7 minutes to 9 minutes. Nice work animating all of those vehicles!
    "When the power of love overcomes the love of power then the world will know peace." Jimi Hendrix

United States of America, Oklahoma, Lawton
    Blog Entries

I used stone wall for benchwork. One 5 meter for the upper wall and molding and the other a taller retaining wall for the lower inner panels. I used house grass spline at the base to cover the dig holes. It's an outdoor layout so masonry was used. The route is in Real Scale. The benchwork is 12.20 meters tall in Real Scale. For a 1/10 scale layout, that's 1.22 meters or 4 feet actual. I figure 4 feet is about average height for a model train bench in the real world. The idea is to have human observers view the layout at bench's edge so the layout track is at or near eye level for realism. The actual height of your Trainz model bench from the floor in relation to the length of a Trainz loco on the track is what determines the scale you are imagining. Larger floor height to loco-length ratio means a smaller scale.

I think nighttime thunderstorms are the most exciting way to play Trainz. Very fitting since Halloween is coming soon. The inclement weather probably robs some hardware resources on your computer, however, turning game animation into something of a slide show. Real trains and trucks do operate in that messy weather. The freight must travel come rain, come shine, come snow, come hell, come high water. In Trainz, none of our drivable vehicles and locos have working windshield wipers. I had to show the boat scene in daylight clear weather because not many people go speed boating at night and especially not in thunderstorms. Make sure the Trainz layout scenario fits the weather/environment conditions for realism.
    Last edited by JonMyrlennBailey; October 23rd, 2021 at 01:27 PM.
    TANE SP4 Build 105766, upgraded Aug. 2021, TS12 Build 61388, downloaded Feb. 2018, American citizen, Lawton, OK