Invisible Track Tutorial

jukeboxblues

Driver Tom
I was curious if there was a tutorial somewhere on the use of invisible tracks and roads. Any help pointing me in the right direction would be most appreciated.

They work the same as visible tracks and roads. They are used where you don't want to see them in driver like when you use them to fly a plane or pilot a ship. Roads can be used on a textured surface that a road might not be seen like a dessert.

I guess I'm doing it wrong...you can see them in Surveyor, right? I tried laying it down like any other spline but nothing happens.

They appear in surveyor so you can see what you are laying but don't show in driver. Nothing does happen in surveyor, In driver invisible road splines will have traffic while track spline will have boats or planes on them when you place driveable ships or aircraft on them. Heathrow airport on the DLS shows the use of the invisible track for planes and some invisible roads laid onto the textured surface. It also has an invisible track used for driveable road vehicles.

I lay 3 rail dualgauge track with the ng as an invisible track spline 10.25 inches offset from the sg - the sg mesh has 3 rails modeled into it. I use my own that show as colored lines ~ 0.1 m wide in Surveyor. I also use them to extend track beyond an end point like in roundhouses so locos can go right up to the "visible" end of track.

What invisible track are you trying to use?

Bob Pearson

There are many invisible road and tracks on the download station, made by different creators and yes, you are right, some of the invisible roads/tracks are not visible in Surveyor either ( I have never understood why ), try different ones until you have found one you can see , as I said, many to choose from.

Ron

Back