Thread: Considering TRS 2019

Default Considering TRS 2019

I noticed in the store, that there are regional versions of TRS2019, does this mean I can make the purchase by region, ie, the North American region for instance, without having to purchase the entire thing? Or would I need the entire game? I would figure this goes more for interests, ie. some who might like Australian trains aren't interested in American trains, am I correct on this?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by betsy662 View Post
    I noticed in the store, that there are regional versions of TRS2019, does this mean I can make the purchase by region, ie, the North American region for instance, without having to purchase the entire thing? Or would I need the entire game? I would figure this goes more for interests, ie. some who might like Australian trains aren't interested in American trains, am I correct on this?
    If you buy a regional version, you get the whole game. The regions are the content that comes free with the game/sim. There is a Download Station where there are also free pieces 'assets' you can add to your installation. Buying in with a regional version is a great way to start. Just make sure your PC or Mac can handle it spec wise or you will encounter problems.
    If it's not broke, don't fix it.

Thanks, that is what I was wondering, I've been playing trainz for years, starting with UtC, so am familiar with the game, I do have T.A.N.E and do use it, but it seems like so much is coming out for TRS19 now!

The only caveat I would throw out about regional versions is I have seen postings from people that have, say, the North American version, looking for assets for a US route that turn out to be built-ins to one of the other versions. That can be frustrating, and for the small incremental cost I think the world version is worth it even if you never cross the pond.
    Have a*´¨)
    ¸.·´¸.·*´¨) ¸.·*¨)
    (¸.·´ (¸.·´ * Wonderful day! *

The Platinum edition is well worth the money. If you're in to American stuff, there's loads of that plus a loads of free routes, locomotives, rolling stock and such. You can also buy the Gold subscription and get everything in the N3V database for FREE, what a deal!