I give up .

If he moved the whole install from another PC it might be an ownership or permissions issue. I had that moving a drive to a different PC, had to take ownership of the drive.

Whatever the problem is it's probably solvable.

why are you deleting your stuff?

I bought the Trainz games to have fun in my free time , but all i received:

- a resource hungry content manager
- tons of older faulty assets
- a KUID hunting game
- payware assets in freeware routes
- missing content in routes that were downloaded from the DLS
- faulty assets in content that was downloaded from the DLS
- unfulfilled promises " we will make available all built in content from the previous Trainz versions "

So this game series is a mess since years .

All reasons you give are actually valid lackoo
this does not mean you cannot have fun with trainz

Playing trainz, never forces you to only have the latest version
Fi I have a full working TRS2004SP2 on my PC here
for TRS19 I use build 100240 (before any service packs)
very happy with that version and it does what i want and is stable

Kuid hunting, I hardly ever do and actually use more that is not on the DLS than on it
There is a forum part where people can help you "hunt" kuids, here

Payware items in freeware routes is a BAD thing
SP4 makes that even worse, but N3v knows and will correct that
What i do here, i live with the knowledge i cannot get them and replace them on the Route
Why on earth would I want buy some rusty PBR shed, while there are 100's better replacements

Faulty assets, yes happens a lot, realize some assets were made over 10 year ago
and the original creator has long left the scene, has no motivation to come back and repair
Assets should not get faulty to begin with, it's called backwards compatible.

Anyway, find a version you feel comfy with, and have fun
If you need help or kuids, just ask, many here that can help
greetings GM

Last edited:
The freeware included in payware has been an ongoing issue since TANE. This is due to some mislabeling, or mistagging the assets. If you have a list of mislabeled assets, let the Helpdesk know and they'll put those on the list. Zec has been awesome at handling this issue.

I don't have any faulty assets. I did initially, but I either fixed them, which was easy because they were pretty old and needed stupid things like spelling fixes in the config.txt files. There were plenty of misplaced quotes, broken lines, faulty tags, and missing images. For those I couldn't repair, I downloaded again and somehow they fixed themselves, or I outright deleted them. Lately, just deleting them has been my MO because I'm getting old and my patience is getting thinner.

One of the biggest problems I find with content management is we can't sort easily on dependent assets. There should be another column for Dependency of, and liar the route or asset it belongs to. Simple. With that extra column, we can then go back and weed out old stuff that's been rotting on the hard drives for ages and taking up space and remove the unused assets. The problem now is sorting through the mess and then end up deleting something that has to be downloaded again. Sometimes, however, I find going back through memory lane helps me find some really good stuff I downloaded before and forgot about and then I end up using it on one of my routes!

I bought the Trainz games to have fun in my free time , but all i received:

- a resource hungry content manager
- tons of older faulty assets
- a KUID hunting game
- payware assets in freeware routes
- missing content in routes that were downloaded from the DLS
- faulty assets in content that was downloaded from the DLS
- unfulfilled promises " we will make available all built in content from the previous Trainz versions "

So this game series is a mess since years .

Hard to deny these points. Some people can live with the level of annoyance, others cannot.

Back