So, you basically can't upload sessions to TCCP?

RBrooks

So, I got in touch with my good friend and author of the route Inzer - South Ural Mountains (TRS19 DLC: https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/dlc/products/inzer-south-ural-mountains), among other things. And, since this DLC route has only 1 session, which frankly doesn't even touch some of the most interesting places on the route, I've suggested making some new ones. Which I did, I created 4 sessions for this route, they differentiate by difficulty, time of day, and by their type (Passenger/Cargo). In my mind, I've done a pretty good job.

After getting permission from the author himself, I started to upload sessions to the TCCP by choosing "Add-on session pack". Because, to my knowledge, and please correct me if I'm wrong, nowhere does it say that you should be the route owner to create sessions. I was under the impression, that after you upload, the system (TCCP) will automatically send the requests to authors of all non-built in dependencies to ask permission to use their content. At least, that’s how I thought it works. Therefore, when said request will be delivered to the route author (Oleg Khimich), he would approve or disapprove.

To my surprise, TCCP won't even let me upload, because of 1 “error”: the route is PAYWARE. You can watch the screenshot of this error, if you’d like:

1.png

I mean… what can I do now? I did ask this same question on the Notifications board. But it’s been 2 weeks, and no response.

It’s a shame, really. I thought my add-on sessions could help selling the route. I also wanted to make some add-on sessions to this route too: Rodnye Prostory - SND (TRS19 DLC: https://store.trainzportal.com/collections/dlc/products/rodnye-prostory-snd), and I talked to the author of this route too. He too has no problem with it. This route has 0 sessions, by the way.

Last edited:
The add on sessions pack is for the pack owner to upload sessions. A session is added to the original package not as a new package. You can send him the session and ask him to add it under his kuid. You could upload it to the DLS under your kuid stating that it is for a DLC route. You would need to make sure the DLC map-kuid is correct in your session.

Last edited:
Yes you can't upload sessions for another DLC route since that feature hasn't been made yet as the other DLC routes aren't part of the Trainz version the build machine has. I've talked with one of the N3V staff about this since I have a session pack I'd like to make for an existing route of mind without reuploading the route and calling it v2, etc.

If you want to make sessions, the only session pack you can make are for Kickstarter County 2 only since that's the only built-in route TRS19 comes with.

Cheers

Thanks for the replies, mates.

To my understanding, this won’t change? Or is there still hope and I can just wait it out?

Anyway, N3V should have clarified somewhere in TCCP Agreement that you can’t upload sessions, because I specifically searched for it and never found it.

Don't quote me but they said they'll be working on the system. When that'll come out is unknown but hopefully soon.
Yeah at this time all you can do is simply wait until it becomes a thing.

Cheers

Back