Over sensitive mouse ?

hotgrove

I just can't move around my layout without dropping the same object all over it multiple times.

Also dragging splines out of place when i don't notice.

Adjusted the mouse controls and even tried replacing it but it's still happening.
Building is becoming almost impossible.
Is there a fix for this i'm missing ?

Hi Hotgrove. Have you tried cleaning your mouse? It sounds like maybe a button is sticking down and not releasing the item you are working with. Wild guess maybe.

Try a power off/reboot/restart of the PC. Also, try a different USB port.

I assume you already tried all the settings under "all Settings" lower right in Windows 10.

The big question is - does it only occur with Trainz?

When I had a similar problem with a USB mouse after discovering that a PS2 mouse was working properly I went into device manager and deleted all the USB mouse drivers, including ones that were hidden and did a hard reboot using the PS2 mouse whereupon Windows re-installed the USB mouse driver, for some bizarre reason there were 2 mouse drivers active and 4 hidden ones. However that fixed the problem and the USB mouse worked properly.

PS2 mice are pretty bomb proof if you have a PS2 socket, I have a very old 20 year old Microsoft PS2 mouse for emergencies!

Hi there,thanks for these suggestions.

I have cleaned the mouse and changed the port (why does the bleeding obvious always escape me)

So far it seems to have worked bar a few exceptions.
At least i am no longer scattering the same object all over the place when i skim over the route.
Thanks.

Back