Is the TRS19 SP2 Installer is allowed to be sent out and is it legal to do so?

James005

Hey guys some friends of mine plus myself were wondering if the TRS19 SP2 Installer is allowed to be sent out and is it legal to do so?

I'm pretty sure that you can answer that question on your own. ;)

But, if you can't, then no, sharing the updater to your friends who pirated the game would be a definite nuh uh.

Rico

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure that you can answer that question on your own. ;)

But, if you can't, then no, sharing the updater to your friends who pirated the game would be a definite nuh uh.

Rico
What do you mean by pretty sure that you can answer that question on your own?

I believe Ricomon35 is referring to possible pirating, but Tony just posted a link to the SP3 installer, so I don't know why SP2 would be out of the question. Presumably you would still have to authenticate to N3V to run it.

SP2 had a lot of bugs so if you're going to upgrade from SP1 you'd be better off using the SP3 link Tony provided. Or if you're still at SP1 it might be best to stay where you are until the final post release fixes for SP4 are done.

The only way to get SP1 back again is if you safely archived it away somewhere. And you would have needed to back up both your game install and the data folders that go with it. Backing up one without the other won't work if you want reinstall it again. When it comes to TS2019/TRS19 it really does pay to be a bit paranoid about making back ups.

I just bought 19 a while ago, it's build 114800. Is that SP4? So you are saying that SP2 and SP4 have bugs but not SP1 and SP3? But the bugs in SP4 will be eventually fixed with a patch? There's this weird bug with the pbr textures where they clip through other things and hover above the ground. Will that be fixed?

114800 is the current version of Trainz, - so yes it's SP4. SP3 still had its own peculiar set of bugs, but I found that I could live with most of them. SP2 was buggy and had issues and was swiftly replaced by SP3. SP1 was reasonably Ok and a lot of Trainz folk are still running this version. My biggest regret was not archiving the original SP0 version before I patched my TS2019 install to SP1.

PBR textures don't play nice with non PBR textures and the only cure is to keep them away from each other or not use them at all.

Back