Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Why I am upset with the last two "Updates"

Blog Entries

I too have been tripped up by this new behaviour. As said, for testing and fixing a route, it's great. Don't have to restart a session from the very beginning every time I stop get out of Driver to make a fix and then continue.

Besides the "Restart All Rules" in the session editor, there needs to be a complementary "Reset all vehicles" command. If there is only one test engine it's easy to move it back to where it started. Too many and it become a royal PITA.

Will have to remember to choose Do not save session and keep all vehicles in the session layer.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 114800 SP4, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Blog Entries

Just a question to anyone who knows the answer. The UDS feature was originally in TRS19 Platinum Edition SP3 (and Trainz Plus SP3) but not in TRS19 SP3. Is it now in TRS19 SP4?
    Trainz Plus (TRS19) build 114800 (SP4)
    Trainz Plus (TRS22) build 115628 (beta)
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Perhaps instead of just complaining we should document (with facts not emotions) and report via the Bug Reporting page at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu. All the new SP4 problems that I have encountered I have documented and reported this way, as well as posting in these forums - it works for me.

My opinions
    I've been a Trainz user since UTC. Supportive of others, a content creator and satisfied, until this patch. If being disappointed and commenting in a civil tone means being a complainer then I'm even more disappointed than before.

I know one thing for certain. I learned the hard way, that the 180 degree bug was a KNOWN thing and not even remotely addressed in this patch. So when it reared it's ugly head on my system this time around, it's my fault and I'm a complainer. Correct?

A bug report does not change the fact that this is not my doing. It's N3V's undoing. Hillman's statement is inadequate. I asked whether this will be amended as to it's consideration and action taken.

I don't need lectures from fanboi's, it doesn't fix this issue, but thank you for your opinion nonetheless.
    Algoma Central - Canadian Pacific - Canadian National - Esquimalt and Nanaimo - BC Rail

Just a question to anyone who knows the answer. The UDS feature was originally in TRS19 Platinum Edition SP3 (and Trainz Plus SP3) but not in TRS19 SP3. Is it now in TRS19 SP4?
    I assume there is an SP4 "Standard" (so called on the purchase page) - So if you have any release of "Standard" you do not have UDS. UDS comes with Platinum and PLus SP3 and SP4. I have Plus installs of SP2, SP3, and SP4 but to get a copy of "Standard" I had to create a separate account and purchase "Standard" outright. What takes getting used to is that my Standard SP3 has the same release Number as my PLUS SP3 (it's easy to expect a lower build number since it's not Plus). That's, of course, due to the fact that my Plus account "turns on" the UDS and other Plus features. I assume I can patch my Standard SP3 to Standard SP4, but I havn't even checked the Standard patches available yet as my main bed is Plus. Confusing isnt' it. And yes, I have paid for 19 Early Release, then 10 Plus subscription, and then 19 Standard. Why standard? Just to have one in hand. Crazy isn't it?
    Last edited by 1611mac; October 19th, 2021 at 07:34 PM.
    22 Plus beta 115628; 19 Plus SP5 beta 115653; 19-Std SP3; Tane SP4
    Win10, GTX1060-6, 1TB SSD(C), 2TB SSD(D)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dleblanc View Post
    I don't need lectures from fanboi's, it doesn't fix this issue, but thank you for your opinion nonetheless.
    I respect your opinions, contributions and experience and no-one is blaming you for the SP4 problems. You could perhaps blame me, as an SP4 beta tester, for not doing enough testing to discover all the problems (I plead guilty).

Emotional and vague complaints rarely or never fix problems.

All break and no fix.
    Documenting and reporting has a far greater chance. There are problems that I documented and reported years ago, as far back as TS12, that took several versions and updates to finally get a fix - whether my reporting was the catalyst I do not know and do not care as long as the issues are fixed.

Why does offering a different opinion often result in being labelled a "fanboi"? An emotional response?

My opinions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    So if you have any release of "Standard" you do not have UDS. UDS comes with Platinum and PLus SP3 and SP4.
    Thank you for that response. That is what I thought but the original poster of this thread has TRS19 in his timeline, not TRS19 Platinum and he is describing an issue that sometimes arises with the UDS when users are not aware of how it works. But then I have TRS19 Platinum in my timeline but I have Trainz Plus. Confusing and crazy.

An emotional response?
    No, but thanks for asking. It was a civil, pointed comment on a fact issue. I'm not really sure where your psycho-analysis of a single comment has anything to do with anything.

Suggesting I'm a complainer and emotionally unwell, is entirely out of line.

Next time will be met with an abuse report.
    Algoma Central - Canadian Pacific - Canadian National - Esquimalt and Nanaimo - BC Rail

Thank you for that response. That is what I thought but the original poster of this thread has TRS19 in his timeline, not TRS19 Platinum and he is describing an issue that sometimes arises with the UDS when users are not aware of how it works. But then I have TRS19 Platinum in my timeline but I have Trainz Plus. Confusing and crazy.
    Let me check his post and compare with my Standard SP3 install a bit. Perhaps then download the one available from My Downloads and see if it's SP4 as I suspect. However, it may be a while or it may be tomorrow. I may be going to ER tonight or tomorrow and they may or may not keep me.
    22 Plus beta 115628; 19 Plus SP5 beta 115653; 19-Std SP3; Tane SP4
    Win10, GTX1060-6, 1TB SSD(C), 2TB SSD(D)

Blog Entries

I'm not really sure where your psycho-analysis of a single comment has anything to do with anything.
    Years spent dealing with teenagers and a few adults with "anger management"issues. Not a single comment, some of your posts in other threads have been similar.

Suggesting I'm a complainer and emotionally unwell, is entirely out of line.

Next time will be met with an abuse report.
    Please report me. I have added you to my ignore list. I suggest you do the same to me.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1611mac View Post
    Let me check his post and compare with my Standard SP3 install a bit. Perhaps then download the one available from My Downloads and see if it's SP4 as I suspect. However, it may be a while or it may be tomorrow. I may be going to ER tonight or tomorrow and they may or may not keep me.

Thank you for that. I do hope it will be a very short stay. Best wishes.

TRS19 in the timeline.
    TRS19 Will be shown in the timeline if you have a Gold sub and do no own an outright copy.
    TRS19 Will be shown if you have TRS19 Standard outright and any subscription, Gold, Silver or Plus
    TRS19 Platinum will be shown if you have Platinum outright and any sub, Gold Silver or Plus.
    An observation from my journey on TRS19

Cheers Graeme

Quote Originally Posted by G.M. View Post
    Not a programmer here, but what I do here when work on scripts is add enough comments,
    that i can search and explain in steno what I did

The problem with Trainz that beside a main code there are a few hundred little scripts that do part of the work
    112 you can read in the resources/scripts dir, but there are many more in separate kuids
    then for html related stuff, there are 67 files in userinterface and again many more via separate kuids
    then there are what I want to call outsourced things, like PhysX, speedtrees, TNI etc. etc.
    next, it needs to work on many platforms, increasing the code drasticly.

If you want to call it spaghetti, fine I think its way more complex :-)
    more complex is more error.
    I would not want to be in the shoes of a Trainz programmer today.
    Lets try to help them, by being as precise as we can with bug reports and our wishes
    The negatives of everything being a kuid...

To be honest I think the game would run much smoother if the scripts were more built into the game files and not an actual trainz asset. I may be wrong, but thats just my basic opinion.
    "The Dutch Line"

You could be right kcwright,
    but the system now with separate scripts/kuids, allows content creators more freedom specially scripters
    I would call it an "open" system.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by G.M. View Post
    You could be right kcwright,
    but the system now with separate scripts/kuids, allows content creators more freedom specially scripters
    I would call it an "open" system.
    The modular nature of the Trainz ecosystem is what makes this very unique as it allows micro-updates to content without having to write the whole thing from scratch.

I think the biggest issue is lots of undocumented changes combined with some compatibility so that some things work fine, but others do not. If the script writers were given access to the updates immediately, perhaps with a change-list easily available in the Content-Creators/Scripters forum as a sticky, that would really help those that write new scripts or are up to the task of updating old ones.

Granted, there are going to be lots of locked scripts that cannot be updated due to the authors no longer being around, but that's another issue altogether.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

yup John, a lot gets changed without beta testers or content creators know
    if a beta tester would know exact what was changed, testing could be more effective
    same for content creation, scripts etc.
    Example: I lost a full day, scripting, because 1 function was secretly added in SP3, while I was testing in before SP1
    I learn fast but not that well in mindreading and future prediction yet :-)