assets

turt21

In a session in the edit/add train box a lot of my stuff is red. Is there anyway to easily repair these assets. ?

Don't know what you mean by "edit/add train box".

Is this in the "Surveyor/Driver" Route and Session selection screen? Or is it in Content Manager?

I think turt is in Surveyor and has the trains tab open
here he sees some of the vehicle names in red in the select list
Strange enough these red names, do not always show red in Content Manager

So what I would do is take surveyor out of full screen and have it side by side with Content Manager
then check 1 of the red trains in content manager by right clicking and select "View Errors and Warnings"
Can be tedious to fix, but it will work eventually.

I think turt is in Surveyor and has the trains tab open
here he sees some of the vehicle names in red in the select list

Yes, that sounds logical. I checked my Surveyor Trainz Tab selection window and none are showing red but my installed rolling stock assets would be vastly different from his. Without a name of a loco/wagon it is difficult to provide help.

Is there anyway to easily repair these assets. ?

Turt21, could you please supply a list of the names of a few of these locos/wagons for us to work with. Ideally the <kuid> code numbers would be perfect but if you do not know how to do that then the names, as they appear in the selection window, will do.

Probably the content manager is only doing a quick error check, whenn installing an asset. The full error check is done, when the asset is accessed for the first time (double click in content manager, preview, or listing in surveyor).

Peter

Thanks GM
I tried this and more warnings and lost dependencies that I can report. After viewing errors how to fix?
thanks turt

Depends on the errors. You may want to post them here for advice on how to fix. Right-click and select "View Errors and Warnings", then copy and paste the result here. Many are easy fixes, but not all, of course.

Every Vehicle(loco wagon etc) has dependencies (bogey panto, product, corona etc etc)
-the first important fix, is get all dependencies complete
in CM right click, list dependencies recursively, a new CM window opens with a list

-next, each of these dependencies need not to be faulty for the main vehicle to work
if 1 is faulty, right click, View Error and Warnings like forester posted above

maybe just work to fix 1, so the process is clear, then repeat on the others
feel free to ask, greetings GM

This worked for me, after updating to Trainz2019 SP3:
Go into Content Manager, right click on red items listed as "Modified, Faulty" and in the dropdown menu select "Revert to original".

Yes, it's tedious and repetitive if you have many Modified Faulties; you can select a handful of them at one time, though, and Revert all of them to Original.

That tells the CM to keep on using the version of the asset that you already had, and ignores the new one supplied with the update.

Back