Permanently Dim Headlights

Has anybody encountered an issue with the headlights not being fully lit? Whenever I try to turn on the lights, the ditchlights come on fine, but the nose/cab light is permanently dimmed (Shift+L doesn't change anything) or, more accurately, barely lit.

Depends on how the loco was made
depends on the current direction it has now
Whether properties were set in loco when placed in surveyor

A standard loco in trainz has attachment points a.light0 etc for the main lights
but some content creators replace those with corona's and script them

if you post the kuid of that loco, someone can maybe help you more
greetings GM

Unfortunately, it's not just one loco that has the issue, it's every single unit that I have downloaded. And the issue isn't the content, since the headlights were working perfectly fine before the update.

A little elimination test
Start a new route, lay 100m track, place RMRX GP40-2
save the route as lighttest, go out of Trainz.

Start Trainz,
Select route Lighttest, the session will be lighttest-default
from the Window menus , select Session Options and set it to night
close it, now test the lamp icon, right under on your screen

Thanks for the idea. I actually loaded another layout, and the headlights worked fine on that route. So maybe it was just the one route where the headlights were funky? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ No idea why that's the case.

What have we eliminated?
-the use of F2 QuickDrive
-the use of UDS (Unified-Driver-Surveyor)
-possible effects of wrong key mappings
-effects of not standard made loco's

the lesson learned could be, save the route and session and then reopen it, for all to work
enjoy Trainz in a new light :)

Does the seesion use the rule <kuid2:478657:999103:1> JTG Correct Vehicle Lights ? This rule dims the headlight of all locomotives.

Peter

Did the test Peter, when you place a loco and then F2 this can happen, that's why the eliminate test

Back