Senior Brain Freeze

stouthm

Get over it
I've been with this sim/program for a long time and for the last day and a half I've been trying to install the 1980s Plus USA Region into a route and haven't had any success. It can't be that hard but as the title suggest I'm having a brain freeze. Please tell me how and where to install this. Got to have traffic on my route. Thanks.

Once downloaded, you then access the region in Surveyor and choose Edit route on the route you want to put this region in.

Click on the Edit menu. This is just to the right of the 3-lines, or to the left of the wrench icon. (I just love icons!)

Click on Edit Route...

In the Region: scroll the list and find the region you want.

Save as you normally would and the region will now be installed in your route.

AFAIK you install in CM just like any other asset. It should then appear in the list when you select/edit the geographical region of a route in Surveyor. I only have 2 that aren't built-in and they were installed from the DLS and are listed under type region in CM.

Bob Pearson

That's my problem. In the Region I have NO selections other than the Default Region. Had the 1950 Glory Years USA but disabled that since all I saw was large touring buses. This is what I have tried so far: made a cdp file of the 1980s Plus USA and imported it into the route and still doesn't show up in the dependencies. Have added the asset into the config file along with the kuid and I still get no options in the Region section. What am I doing wrong?

Didn't we talked about this about a year ago stout?
even made you a simple region as example

the key:
a region only shows/is selectable if all its dependencies are complete and working without faults

so check in CM the region you want to use, right click "list Dependencies Recursively"
a new window opens, check if all dependencies are installed and without any fault
greetings GM

Have added the asset into the config file along with the kuid and I still get no options in the Region section. What am I doing wrong?

Adding the region in the config.txt file directly doesn't work for routes. As soon as you do a DBR for any reason, the information gets read from the route data files and that overwrites your changes. The purpose of the content listings in the route's config.txt file is for our reference only.

If the region isn't showing up, then there's something else going on here.

Are you missing any dependencies?

Is there anything faulty?

How about open for editing?

G.M. - good memory. Yes it was about a year ago and me being almost 77 didn't think that I had changed anything in that particular asset BUT after checking into it I had. Long story short it's now working and I'm a happy trainzer. Thanks for checking in on this thread and thanks to the others for their suggestions.

Glad it works again
As long as you play Trainz you are still young
it is very good for the grey matter upstairs :)

Glad it works again
As long as you play Trainz you are still young
it is very good for the grey matter upstairs :)

It's programs like Trainz that keeps our grey matter together otherwise it'll turn to mush.

I put a metal pot with eggs into the microwave not once, but twice, in the past week. I've been permanently banned from the kitchen! That's alright with me. I'd rather use Trainz anyway than cook! :p

haha John, in your country (unique in the world)
you can sue the microwave company !
Reason: no warning to put metal pot with eggs in, while playing Trainz
money money money (c) ABBA

Back