Patch Caused Database Meltdown On MAC M1

geno1005

I posted this over on the MAC forum. No one has been able to help over there so I'm taking a chance that someone might be able to assist here. I'm running TRS19 on a MAC M1. This morning I installed an available patch, after which I started getting the database repair sequence. It's not totally rare to get this on the M1, so I didn't think much of it. After trying a dozen times with no luck, I went into the developer menu and tried from there. With no luck there, I tried the 'repairdatabase extended' command from the Run TrainzUtil Command.

In both cases it appears that the program crashes as it is running through the modified assets.

So I'm not sure what to do next. I get the 'crash log' each time it blows up, but really don't understand what I'm looking at with that lengthy document enough for it to be of any assistance.

To the extent that might matter, my MAC doesn't have enough hard disk storage to store the assets there (I decided to spend my budget on RAM instead of Apple's VERY expensive hard drive memory), so TRS19 has successfully run accessing my local assets on Samsung SSD drive since the computer arrived in January. The program itself IS installed on the M1's internal hard drive.

It's not terribly unusual to get a database error on the M1...usually after a great deal of new content has been added to the library (downloading a route, etc). This is the first time it hasn't been correctable.

I'm hoping that someone can help me do something short of starting all over.

Thanks in advance.

Back