Transfer of TRS2019 to new computer.

I have recently purchased a new computer running Windows 10. I re-installed TRS2019 without any problems, but 2 issues have arisen.

1:- On my old machine (running Windows 7) the number of items on the DLS was about 583300 whereas the new machine it was only about 576100. What has happened to the other 7000 items? I have probably installed about 200 myself but that is a huge discrepancy. As far as I can see the missing items appear to updates of existing assets. e.g. Version 3 instead of version 2.

2:- As well as now having loads of unknown assets, a number of assets are now faulty. Most of these seem to be missing texture.txt files that were perfectly valid on the old machine.

I followed the instructions about transferring (i.e saving the local and original folders and re-installing them), but is there somthing else I should have done , like saving some other file that might have avoided all this ?

I would be grateful if anybody can enlighten me.

Tony Howard

hi Tony,
not exactly sure how the numbers are calculated
If I open Content manager and select filter [Download Station]
the bottom shows: No items selected 390188 of 608174 items displayed

1) Trainz assets are ofc not all on the DLS, so it will be different for everyone
and also depends what is in your local folder and on your own PC
2) missing textures, is because of choices in the past and a pita to all of us
the general tip is to install stuff from the source direct.
so if assets are in a DLC (payware package) redownload that DLC
If items are on the DLS, redownload them from the DLS on that new PC

Just enjoy Trainz on your W10 pc Tony

2: Right click revert to original should sort that out.

Plus running a full a database repair hold down ctrl while clicking rebuild database.

Thanks for your replies. Unfortunately right click & revert to original on the faulty items does not do anything. Any other thoughts.

I am suprised that there is such discrepancy in the number of items on the DLS. Does this mean that for all the unknown items I have now, that I have to transfer them individually from the old machine ?

When checking numbers check that the green progress bar bottom right is not showing, if it is it hasn't loaded all the entries yet.

Easiest way to move to another PC is to install then overwrite the local, original and packages folders and run a full extended database repair.

By the with revert to original it may still show faulty until you click on the asset.

Back