WaitForTrigger greyed out...

hkoster1

Hi,

I'm adapting an older session with various trains/drivers waiting en route until some other trains pass triggers.
Driver Setup has for each driver/train various Navigate Via commands, preceded by WaitForTrigger, except this WaitForTrigger command is greyed out when selected.

I've set up a test track with some trains/drivers and triggers, and then WaitForTrigger can be used in Driver Setup without problems. So what would cause this command to be greyed out in my older session?

Thanks for any assistance.

One possibility: How many triggers and/or locos are in your older session? Some driver commands will "time out" because they have too many target objects (e.g. triggers or locos) to search through to find the one they need.

You could be right about the number of target objects.

BTW, my old session had 9 portals (part of UnPortal2) each emitting a single train with CPC:Emit Train, activated with TriggerCheck and Check Trackside rules.
Unfortunately, the CPC:Emit Train command does not work in 114800/114841 (bug reported weeks ago), so now I try the workaround of placing these trains on the route, only to be released by the WaitForTrigger command. The triggers are in place (show up with Find Object), but don't show when entering the WaitForUser command in Driver Setup. I checked all the applicable layers are open; and of course those non-working portals and TriggerCheck/Check Trackside rules have been deleted.

Still stumped...

I found that problem in the Port Tillamook route as it had in excess of 1,000 triggers and a dozen or more built-in locos. Reducing that number solved that problem.

@G.M. Your Wait For Trigger v2 didn't work in a test session with only a couple of triggers: with a choice of "Trigger0" and "Trigger1", either choice registered as "trig".

@pware @Alikiwi Most likely an issue with large number of triggers, since there is no problem in a test session with only two triggers.

Of course, even better would be "CPC:Emit Train" working properly...here's hoping...;)

No idea what goes wrong there, just tested it again and works fine here, this is how it looks here in surveyor

Central Portal Control EMIT TRAIN at start of session works in my case :: Build 114800.

I am only using one portal for now, which may be a factor.

I had a similar problem with the copy schedule from command. So I copied the driver set up or schedule library rule from the original route and pasted it into a new session of the same route. As all the other rules were not present I could add more copy schedule from commands to my drivers. I then copied the driver set up rule and pasted it back into the original session. All the commands remained in place and worked as they should.

Back