TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

Various sessions in C&O Hinton Division have buildings scattered on some tracks. C&O Hinton Division - Avis Yard Work shows a derailment immediately on loading or there is a terrible white noise sound.

I checked every km of track in C&O Hilton but was unable to find any buildings scattered over tracks. Did find a road bridge collapsed across a river but it would have no effect on rail operations.

C%26O-Hilton-scenery-issue-on-branch-just-past-Junction-Thurmond-Sth---13.jpg

The above scene is just beyond the junction "Thurmond Sth - 13" on a branchline, the dead end of which is shown in the screenshot.

The terrible white noise sound only appears next to the starting Loco (don't know what the loco is - its Nth American!) and fades out as you zoom out and fades in as you zoom in - so it may be a steam sound. I can confirm the derailment as soon as you start the Session which immediately terminates the Session. I would recommend that you put in a bug report at https://n3vgames.typeform.com/to/xRdryu

Milwaukee Road Avery-Drexel sessions show a derailment immediately on loading.

I can confirm that with the one session I tested - Transcontinental Eastbound freight. Put in a bug report as well.

Is there a way to remove this update and go back?

I hope not. I prefer to move on regardless of the problems.

My observations and thoughts.

Last edited:
The opening post has a couple of fixes relating to “carz”, meaning road traffic. Can someone explain what these problems were, as in, what was the traffic doing when these problems occurred?

- Fix a stack overflow with carz
- Carz now pitch to match spline orientation

Last edited:
Ok, just a few questions then.

Do you mean assets that were originally freeware on the DLS and are now exclusively payware? If so could you provide an example or two?

Do you mean assets that were only ever supplied in a DLC package as payware and are not on the DLS? In which case I would assume that the creator of the asset(s) has probably insisted on that.

Not just now Mr P, - perhaps later on as I'm feeling too tired and jaded at the moment.

Fighting with this kind of thing hasn't helped any. All attempts to download any of my purchased DLC have ended up with messages like this one and retrying doesn't fix anything as the error messages keep on popping up. So much for having high speed broadband, - it's been like buggy dropout dial-up all day.

RphrMMb.jpg

I just tested the Settle & Carlisle DLC download by installing it from the Trainz Content Store. I had no problems and I don't have a super-fast broadband - just a stock standard 25 Mbps. Took about 8 minutes.

I have had that message on the odd occasion in the past and found that leaving it for a few hours (at least, or the next day even better) and trying again usually works.

My experiences. Covid lock downs are getting to us all.

A few days ago I installed my Sp-4 update to Trainz Platinum, took about 10 mins, no issues, so far so good....I'll see how things go.

Read about some of the issues noted in this Thread. If I come across anything, I'll post it here........

I have the SP2 installer, so I'll reinstall from that, then upgrade to SP3. That should at least get me a working version.

Righto, I've gotten my Trainz 2019 back to SP3, reinstalled all content from backups, etc. Only to find that my SP3 build was now experiencing the wheelslip bug, when it was not previously. However, it was only affecting certain engines. I tried putting on sanding, as another user suggested, however that only worked when the engine was running light. If it was pulling anything, it would slip.

Turns out the problem was with the enginespec that the affected engines were using. I replaced it in their config.txt with one from an unaffected engine, and I'm back on track (pun intended). So I'm posting this here in case anyone else needs it.

Edit: One more thing with the fix. Once you've updated the enginespec, you'll need to delete and re-add the engine to any existing sessions, otherwise it won't move at all.

Last edited:
Turns out the problem was with the enginespec that the affected engines were using. I replaced it in their config.txt with one from an unaffected engine, and I'm back on track (pun intended). So I'm posting this here in case anyone else needs it.

Thank you for posting that update.

I just tested the Settle & Carlisle DLC download by installing it from the Trainz Content Store. I had no problems and I don't have a super-fast broadband - just a stock standard 25 Mbps. Took about 8 minutes.

Now that I have had a chance to run the Route and Sessions I have noticed something odd. All 5 of the routes within the "Package" show the "missing asset" orange boxes yet CM reports that nothing is missing, all installed assets are complete. I did a full recursive Show Dependencies of all 5 routes and nothing was reported as missing.

From the huge number of boxes and their location, I am assuming that the assets are trees, shrubs, etc. Nothing critical.

I also confirmed that the orange boxes are the "missing asset" display symbols by turning off the Display missing assets feature in the Main Menu General Settings control. All the boxes disappeared from the screen on reloading a route. Turn it back on again and they reappear.

I have submitted a bug report.

EDIT: N3V have got back to me. "They've actually been there the whole time. The route requires a DMA and re-packaging". I do not know what a "DMA" is but it (hopefully) sounds hopeful.

Last edited:
Bug Report does not accept build 114800 as valid

Tried to submit a bug report for build 114800 but the system would not accept that entry. Had to use "Other" instead.

Did find a road bridge collapsed across a river but it would have no effect on rail operations.

Collapsed bridges have been introduced a few patches ago. Many routes are affected, including DLCs (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh). Reported with screenshots, but N3V's did nothing to fix that.

Is there a way to remove this update and go back?

You should always have a way to remove an update and go back. Just turn to your software/files/computer backups. (You do have backups... right?)

Optionally, if you kept your full installer for SP3 (or before) you can re-install it and point it to your user data folder.

Summary list updated for Tony and crew

List of broken things in SP4: (source this thread and beta threads)
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-Notches either invisible or bad visible
-Wheels of trains rotate too fast (specially noticable on bigger ones) (TNI?)
-CM: freeware becomes payware when used in a DLC, this screws up other items depending on those same assets
check neoklai75 animated people set (caused by DLC Sebino)
-Interface: driver list: heads too big, sideways moving slider overlaps right aligned text
-Consists graphical interface is gone, while we ask for a repair
-UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, was not before
also <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX, due to internal code changes (TNI?).
-Drivers are not automatic added in some cases, so you can end up with no focused train at begin of a session
-Cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see it's more natural there.
-On steep slopes vehicles do not have the correct pitch at start
-Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed
-Collapsing bridges (splineheight issue) even in DLCs (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh)
-CM: Routes can have missing items while CM shows them as complete
-Merging routes with locked layer(s) gives a CTD.(no warning)
-Bug report for build 114800 is not in the system, have to use "other"

hope it helps, greetings GM

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted bypwarePressing F5 in Driver has always hidden/revealed the Trainz interface (top with the icons) and bottom (with the track diagram and controls). No change in its operation in SP4.

I know that. I said that the interface is not showing up on first loading the session. That has NEVER happened before. It has always been there. This is new that it is hidden on first running the session.

Last edited:
Pressing F5 in Driver has always hidden/revealed the Trainz interface (top with the icons) and bottom (with the track diagram and controls). No change in its operation in SP4.

I know that. I said that the interface is not showing up on first loading the session. That has NEVER happened before. It has always been there. This is new that it is hidden on first running the session.​

Now that I have had a chance to run the Route and Sessions I have noticed something odd. All 5 of the routes within the "Package" show the "missing asset" orange boxes yet CM reports that nothing is missing, all installed assets are complete. I did a full recursive Show Dependencies of all 5 routes and nothing was reported as missing.

From the huge number of boxes and their location, I am assuming that the assets are trees, shrubs, etc. Nothing critical.

I also confirmed that the orange boxes are the "missing asset" display symbols by turning off the Display missing assets feature in the Main Menu General Settings control. All the boxes disappeared from the screen on reloading a route. Turn it back on again and they reappear.

I have submitted a bug report.

If you select the object tool and point at the orange box it shows TS09 58 Ballast. In CM after opening in explorer and submit it shows as faulty.

Still to be fixed:

• Collapsed bridges
• White ground textures on distant hills
• Twisted track in Tidewater DLC route

Time to spend a few weeks/months with the competition, I think.

This also illustrates the complete mess that Trainz has become, so many different versions, content that used to work suddenly no longer doing so, assets turning into payware. Reasons for the latter read and digested but hardly much consolation - if a route author is selling their creation that uses assets off the DLS then maybe the price should include a limited access FCT to get those items.

I like to ask if this new water feature has Hight up and down adjustment if need to be, I also find service pack 4 should had 1 patch instead of two and last of all it came in two early, and nearly lost all my work as I notice the game is shutting down while working.

yours Matthew

We will be here when you see the competition is not perfect either

When you conclude trainz is a mess, there are 2 options, run away or work to improve it
Trainz is written by humans for humans, we make mistakes maybe good we do
but the good thing all mistakes can be repaired.

Agree, including freeware items in a payware package is a mistake,
specially when those becomes payware (not intended by the original creator)

@matthew , the new water is still under development plz only use it on a test route, experiment there

Last edited:
If you select the object tool and point at the orange box it shows TS09 58 Ballast. In CM after opening in explorer and submit it shows as faulty.

<kuid2:523:1128:1> TS09 58 Ballast <-- Package ID sc237f
<kuid:523:1128> TS09 58 Ballast <-- Package ID none

Here is the 'package' info

sc237 - Warwick - Wallangarra (Australia) (TD Route)
sc237d
sc237f
sc237s

In Content Store find the route and update, or uninstall and reinstall, should sort it out.

Back