Page 18 of 28 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

The Crew can confirm that Surveyor has "rotated traincars" backwards for non-Trainz Plus users in SP4. All appears to be fine in Driver. (If you have another case, please provide details).

That's "ok" if you just did something and spotted it, but creates big problems when you come back later and spot a "problem" and try to fix it in Surveyor, which actually then breaks it in Driver.

The repro is:
    1. Place a train and rotate it
    2. Save
    3. Exit and load into Driver - all is well
    4. Exit and load into Surveyor - "oh no, the loco is backwards, let me fix that"
    5. Save and load into driver - "oh no, the loco is backwards" (due to the "fix" in step 4, which in fact is a bug showing the car the wrong way around).

We're looking at our options.

Meanwhile, Surveyor is currently not a reliable indicator of the "direction status" of traincars (for non-Trainz Plus users).

I can also confirm we're looking at all the outstanding issues and working out a plan.

For anyone having problems, the link to SP3 is available if you want to reinstall.

We also have put a call out for bugs to be filed for any outstanding issues in the newsletter tonight, so please write up any of your issues in DETAIL so that we can address any problems as quickly and accurately as possible.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

Quote Originally Posted by Tony_Hilliam View Post
    The Crew can confirm that Surveyor has "rotated traincars" backwards for non-Trainz Plus users in SP4.
    Thank you Tony.
    Algoma Central - Canadian Pacific - Canadian National - Esquimalt and Nanaimo - BC Rail

The Crew can confirm that Surveyor has "rotated traincars" backwards for non-Trainz Plus users in SP4. All appears to be fine in Driver. (If you have another case, please provide details).

That's "ok" if you just did something and spotted it, but creates big problems when you come back later and spot a "problem" and try to fix it in Surveyor, which actually then breaks it in Driver.

The repro is:
    1. Place a train and rotate it
    2. Save
    3. Exit and load into Driver - all is well
    4. Exit and load into Surveyor - "oh no, the loco is backwards, let me fix that"
    5. Save and load into driver - "oh no, the loco is backwards" (due to the "fix" in step 4, which in fact is a bug showing the car the wrong way around).

We're looking at our options.

Meanwhile, Surveyor is currently not a reliable indicator of the "direction status" of traincars (for non-Trainz Plus users).

I can also confirm we're looking at all the outstanding issues and working out a plan.

For anyone having problems, the link to SP3 is available if you want to reinstall.

We also have put a call out for bugs to be filed for any outstanding issues in the newsletter tonight, so please write up any of your issues in DETAIL so that we can address any problems as quickly and accurately as possible.
    Thx for the update Tony. Good to hear you guys are working on the issues & problems all of us are mentioning.

Great service Tony TY
    I tried here the same, using a consist (my Thalys Ruby 10 part where 5 are rotated in the consist) in TRS19SP4 (local Euro version)
    and they kept their direction fine, maybe cause a consist file has it hardcoded in its table?

?-Cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
    check mode 2 to see it's more natural there.

Repro:
    1. Open Driver with a session that has trains
    2. select a train(consist with more than 1 vehicle))
    3. press 3 on the keyboard (Camera is in Lineside mode)
    4. click another vehicle in the same train (the camera jumps)
    5. press 2 on the keyboard (Camera is in Chase mode)
    6. click another vehicle in the same train (the camera moves natural)

before SP4 the movement was natural in mode 2 and 3
    the changed effect can cause nausea
    Last edited by G.M.; October 22nd, 2021 at 10:41 AM.

Will the transparent bug of pbr textures ever be fixed? I just got 2019 and noticed that bug with the new textures when for example a road bridge meets the ground. It doesn't look right. In previous Trainz versions up to TANE SP4 this wasn't an issue. I guess using non-pbr textures around tracks, roads, etc. are the only solution for now. Can I import textures from TANE to 2019? What bugs are left to fix in SP4? The latest build is 114800, is that pretty stable right now? The lighting and shadows are better in 2019 but the pbr textures issue is bothering me. It seems like some textures hover above the ground and go through tracks like even hog textures on a route the light blue cuts through the track but if I erase the texture with grid texture it goes away. I guess getting rid of the textures like the tiger lines are another solution after you have laid your track.
    Last edited by rwk; October 22nd, 2021 at 12:33 PM.

United States of America, Georgia, Rocky Face
    Blog Entries

Okay folks, I'm back. Got a new external hard drive and now installing all my DLC onto it.
    Owner of Freeman Locomotive Works.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by rwk View Post
    Will the transparent bug of pbr textures ever be fixed? I just got 2019 and noticed that bug with the new textures when for example a road bridge meets the ground. It doesn't look right. In previous Trainz versions up to TANE SP4 this wasn't an issue. I guess using non-pbr textures around tracks, roads, etc. are the only solution for now. Can I import textures from TANE to 2019? What bugs are left to fix in SP4? The latest build is 114800, is that pretty stable right now? The lighting and shadows are better in 2019 but the pbr textures issue is bothering me. It seems like some textures hover above the ground and go through tracks like even hog textures on a route the light blue cuts through the track but if I erase the texture with grid texture it goes away. I guess getting rid of the textures like the tiger lines are another solution after you have laid your track.
    The PBR texture issue is inherent in how that kind of texturing works, sadly. I've seen it in other games and programs where it works such as Armor 3 where the grass objects and trees look like they float on the surface, and in Cities: Skylines with assets suffering from a similar issue as we see in TRS2019.

The only answer to this issue is to find PBR assets and use those in place of other non-PBR, or replace the PBR textures with non-PBR kind.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    The PBR texture issue is inherent in how that kind of texturing works, sadly. I've seen it in other games and programs where it works such as Armor 3 where the grass objects and trees look like they float on the surface, and in Cities: Skylines with assets suffering from a similar issue as we see in TRS2019.

The old adage, "misery loves company" has never been so true. If this is a 'feature' of PBR texturing no matter the game then the obvious solution is to go 100% to PBR or stay 100% away from BPR, no mixing, unless the trainz crew can find a magic solution. At least Trainz can't be blamed if others are similarly affected.

The unintended consequences of asking for more and more texture effects.

70337:
    TRS19 Platinum, build 114800 SP4, Win10 Pro 64 bit, i7-7700 3.6GHz 16 GB, GTX 1070 Ti

Except some PBR textures aren't full (ie 3D) PBR so the two types clash. There is an answer, go to settings and drop the Shader details to standard and the shadow problem is solved.
    Working on Trainz.

Quote Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
    Except some PBR textures aren't full (ie 3D) PBR
    There is no such thing as not full PBR. Are you possibly referring to height mapping which is totally separate?

But since you've kindly summarised...
    Thank you for your attention to the opinions of users! Since big updates systematically introduce new bugs, isn't it better to go for small updates? When only one group of problems is solved in an update (for example, only with bugs in the interior), it is much easier to test (solved and did not cause new problems) and can be downloaded by users, then fixing the next group of bugs (for example, with tracks). Different users are worried about different bugs, maybe switching to small patches would be preferable?
    Last edited by CiceronMT; October 23rd, 2021 at 12:54 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CiceronMT View Post
    Thank you for your attention to the opinions of users! Since big updates systematically introduce new bugs, isn't it better to go for small updates? When only one group of problems is solved in an update (for example, only with bugs in the interior), it is much easier to test (solved and did not cause new problems) and can be downloaded by users, then fixing the next group of bugs (for example, with tracks).
    Great idea in theory but it will take "forever" to work in practice. Users naturally want their "most serious problem" fixed first and they are not going to be happy when they see that their problem is so far down the list it will take months (years??) before it reached the top and is the next to be fixed. In any case, fixing one faulty issue in the program code can often lead to fixes for other issues so multiple fixes can be worked on at the same time - and yes, this can also mean multiple new problems.

You also need to consider that Trainz has to be seen to be advancing with new features to survive, not just constantly coming out with nothing but bug fixes. Remember that there is no such thing as "bug free" software so the "fixing" can literally go on forever.

My thoughts.
    Trainz Plus (TRS19) build 114800 (SP4)
    Trainz Plus (TRS22) build 115373 (beta)
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

Wheel animation speed - update:

We've finally got to the bottom of the mysterious "my wheels are going too fast" problem. The issue appears to require a session saved in 105100 or earlier being run in SP3 (111951) or later.

The solution is to remove problem loco from the session, and replace it (with the same loco is fine). The cause of this is that certain information is saved as part of the session and the TNI physics updates now treat things slightly differently.

Please advise if this solution works for you. If not, please create a brand new session and compare it to the saved session and see if they are indeed different animation speeds.
    Tony Hilliam

Got questions about TRS19? Click here for TRS19 FAQs

Looking for answers to in-game functionality? Click here for help

@Tony_Hilliam
    I have created a testmap and session in TRS19 with SP4, using 3 different steamlocomotives. In AI/DCC mode none of the locomotives reaches the goal after 10 rotations of the driving wheels. In CAB mode everything works as it should.
    The map and session are available at https://www.file-upload.net/download...mTest.zip.html . Included are the non DLS dependencies and a README.txt.

Peter

The issue appears to require a session saved in 105100 or earlier being run in SP3 (111951) or later.
    I have the issue in a session created in 114400 (both route and locos are DLCs):

route is <kuid:1854:2> VR Healesville - 1913-1920 TRS19
    locos are <kuid:103475:126> VR V T2 Green, <kuid:103475:80> VR V499 Baldwin Early