TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

There is absolutely NO debate that the term "event viewer's windows and application logs" does NOT appear on the Windows Start Menu.
Here it is below in the windows start menu, with the resulting window. Its not a six word long term, there is a possessive apostrophe.
Diagnostics and OS tweaks are not really something that I want to dedicate my leisure time to.:)
Then may I suggest this as a starting point. Entire PC lock-ups occurring while using 3rd party software invariably point to simultaneous system-level issues as the cause. For example, if the system locked up on a hard drive error, a log will likely show disk error incidences prior. Isolated 3rd party software errors not caused by a hardware fault show as "application hang" events.
EV.jpg
App.jpg
...can be frustrating when a supposedly simple Click-to-upgrade stalls the whole PC ...
There is no basis to persistently maintain SP4 locked up your PC, based on typical 3rd party software crash behavior in Windows and based on no one else reporting this (see more detail in post 307). You may be thinking of your experiences with older Windows versions where software failures used to take the whole machine with them, but modern versions insulate 3rd party processes remarkably well.

Last edited:
That is correct but you are then presented with an "Update" button instead of a "Play" button if the program is started from within the Steam interface. In order to bypass this you must use the TRS19 icon on the Desktop if you allowed it to be created or go to the Steam group under the Start menu and choose it there to run it.

William

Hi William, tried your workaround of run from Start Menu but unfortunately it launched the update anyway. So here's hoping I get lucky with SP4 .

Regards,

John

Updated to beta 10 of Monterey on the Mac and now this is out. All smooth and sound is back. Nice job!

I just tried out TRS19 build 114841 on the M1 Max MBP, using MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 - all smooth indeed, with all settings to full! However, sometimes (not good reproducible) the 'interface' seems to freeze, for instance the speed meter won't move (but the track profile will) and the app can only be quitted by forcing a stop. Did any Mac user experience this?
--- Edited --- This happens also with build 114841 on a i7 Mac under MacOS 12.0.1 so perhaps it does not have anything to do with the specific Mac hardware platform.
--- Edited --- I filed a ticket
--- Edited --- Update Nov 3 2021: support answered that the team is aware of the issues, caused by changes in the MacOS Monterey update. They hope to resolve these issues in the next update for TRS19, however they do not currently have a release date for the next update.

Last edited:
Hi William, tried your workaround of run from Start Menu but unfortunately it launched the update anyway. So here's hoping I get lucky with SP4 .

Regards,

John

Ah, well it used to work. I guess changes to the interface stopped that workaround from working. Glad to here that the update went OK for you.

Patched to 114800, superelevation no longer works. I can edit the properties and the values are saved but they don't apply or change the track.

edit: superelevation values apply only after you grab and adjust spline height. This is weird.

Last edited:
Hi Justin , what settings you used?

Did a little test here in SP4(regional euro)
-made a square route with 4 corners with each 2 spline points
using n3v procedural track concrete
-super elevation set on splinepoints 15 (max 20)
-saved the route, went out of trainz
-restarted trainz played the session
-used my Thalys Ruby set (which also has a slight tilt (-0.5))

edit: superelevation values apply only after you grab and adjust spline height. This is weird.

Could be related to another track issue where setting the initial spline heights does not alter the gradient of a track segment between the spline points until you move a spline point. The terrain smooth tool still works even when the gradient does not show correctly as shown in the image below from another post.

Track-Spline-Issue-2.png

Seems to be a video refresh issue.

EDIT: A bug report on this was submitted several days ago and it has been acknowledged as an issue.

Last edited:
See my post above regarding the road splines. Interesting mess it creates when attempting to smooth hills.

Patched to 114800, superelevation no longer works. I can edit the properties and the values are saved but they don't apply or change the track.

hello,
idem for me
build 114863
cheers
gilles

I just tried out TRS19 build 114841 on the M1 Max MBP, using MacOS Monterey 12.0.1 - all smooth indeed, with all settings to full! However, sometimes (not good reproducible) the 'interface' seems to freeze, for instance the speed meter won't move (but the track profile will) and the app can only be quitted by forcing a stop. Did any Mac user experience this?
--- Edited --- This happens also with build 114841 on a i7 Mac under MacOS 12.0.1 so perhaps it does not have anything to do with the specific Mac hardware platform.
--- Edited --- I filed a ticket

Thank you for filing the ticket. I have the same issue with freezes. Also during driving when I want to exit back to main screen, after hitting "Save" or "Don't Save", it returns back to the game and I have to force quit to exit the game. MBP 16" M1 Max 32cGPU.

still having trouble with 114800 in surveyor, objects;

no fine rotation control and no positive height adjustment

not having height adjustment is really starting to get on my ................

nzld

Hello,

Installed SP4 and no issues received during installation. Now on build 114800 ( TRS 19 Platinum ).

After installation, I did a check and found the following not functioning anymore.

After starting TRS19 - the button driver/surveyor is used and I want to select my route I want to edit. In SP3 and before I was using the sort by - Latest Modified option ( right side of the screen ). When using this option - My latest modified route will become the first route ( starting from the left ) -

Afterwards I clicked on view sessions ( of the specific route ) and again used the filter Latest Modified - my latest Modified session will then become the first session ( starting from the left ).

With my version, in SP4, the latest modified option - doesn't function anymore.

Kind regards

Kurt :wave:

Kurt, I just tested all of your sorting steps in my TRS19 (Trainz Plus) SP4 and all the sort options are working as I would expect them to. I have never actually used the sort function before so I did not know what to expect that would be different from what I got.

When sorting Sessions by any order, all the Sessions appear grouped together, in the specified order, followed by all the Driver Sessions (saved "games") grouped together in the same specified order. As I said above, I don't know if this is any different from SP3 but it does make sense to me.

Last edited:
Kurt, I just tested all of your sorting steps in my TRS19 (Trainz Plus) SP4 and all the sort options are working as I would expect them to. I have never actually used the sort function before so I did not know what to expect that would be different from what I got.

When sorting Sessions by any order, all the Sessions appear grouped together, in the specified order, followed by all the Driver Sessions (saved "games") grouped together in the same specified order. As I said above, I don't know if this is any different from SP3 but it does make sense to me.

Hello Pware,

Thank you for checking it out. :)

In my version of TRS2019 when clicking on the driver/surveyor button - the select a route option is automatically sorted with the option A-Z

In SP3 and before - I clicked on the sort by button and clicked on Last modified

My last modified route was then set in that order - meaning - my last modified route was put in first place ( starting at the left side )

Then I clicked on the button of my last modified route and becomes selected with a yellow border

I then clicked on view sessions and again clicked on sort by and confirmed Latest modified

Result : my last edited session was put in first place ( starting from the left ).

Now, in SP4, I have to search where my last edited session is placed within the row of the several sessions that I keep.

Kind regards

Kurt :wave:

The sorting will change in the regular list because the routes are in alphabetical order.

I use My Content and I see the routes I created right off without scrolling.

still having trouble with 114800 in surveyor, objects;

no fine rotation control and no positive height adjustment

not having height adjustment is really starting to get on my ................

nzld
Hi nzld. With 114800 I am getting fine rotation increments of 0.1 degrees and fine height adjustments of 0.1 meters using the control key. I think that's what it always has been, are you sure the layer (and possible bound layer) is unlocked?

Last edited:
Seems to me when ever there is an update the modify date is changed to the date of the update. After you modify the route or session again, sort should work as it has before.

Rob

Back