TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

After installed SP4 I got error in test track....loco's can not move and no engine sound also no horn sound & can not turn on the headlight on loco's but when I run into the game in any session or any route it just normal and I have no problem with all loco's or else . Only in test track that have this problem. I have done re installing the game but I did not move my Local Data Folder. I use Trainz 2019 STEAM build 114863. Please kindly tell me how to fix it :)
Thank you.

Is it possible, to load by AI a consist with ten coal cars at a coal mine? I have problems with that.

Regards
Swordfish

Confirmed, tested built-in rockyMountaineer loc in SP4 test track, no sound light or movement
also had a loc selected in CM, then choose Visit Test Track, I expected to see the loc there in test track
or has that never been? And also not the loc current selected in Mainmenu (could be they never were linked)

Last edited:
Sorry N3V but we need a rollback tool, or the SP3 installer putting back in the download store.

Until then I am done with Trainz.

Confirmed, tested built-in rockyMountaineer loc in SP4 test track, no sound light or movement
also had a loc selected in CM, then choose Visit Test Track, I expected to see the loc there in test track
or has that never been? And also not the loc current selected in Mainmenu (could be they never were linked)

I think they are not linked, everytime I visit test track the current loco is different and not like Loco in Main menu ... yes in test track become silent and no movement/light/sound. As long as the issue not affecting in gameplay on any route/session I think it's fine for me until dev fix this, I will wait :) so I guess from now when I wanna see/test new loco/train then I have to go into the game, instead visit test track.

Try going to MYTRAINZ on top of the forum. Then you can go to the Vault and see if there is something waiting for you to be accepted for it.

I want to delete my cache folder but I have two. One named assets-cache.tdx and one named assets-cache.tdx-wal. Do I delete both or just the first?

I want to delete my cache folder but I have two. One named assets-cache.tdx and one named assets-cache.tdx-wal. Do I delete both or just the first?

Those are not folders, those are files. Do not delete them. Your cache folder is adjacent and is merely named "cache"

Is this clear enough?

No it isn't. Were the two track segments laid in the same direction (e.g. bottom of the screen to the top)?

I was able to duplicate your video clip using different track and signals (since I could not identify yours) but the problem described in the clip only occurred in one specific case.

Case 1: Both track segments were laid in the same direction (bottom to top). Joining them did not rotate the signals on the moved track segment.

Case 2: The bottom track segment was laid bottom of screen to top. The top segment was laid top of screen to bottom. Joining them did rotate the signal on the moved track segment.

Tracks have always had a preferred direction in Trainz, as far back as I can remember. This is the direction in which the track has been laid. Signals, junction levers, speed signs, etc are always attached to the track using that preferred direction.

Joining track segments that have been laid in opposite directions has always switched the preferred direction of the moved track. At least this has always been my experience in Trainz so I always take it into account when laying track and have not noticed any change. Normally I only add signals after all the track has been laid and connected as needed.

My observations and recollections.

Visited the Test Track and tried numerous different locos (NO STEAM): diesels, an electric and an old gas-electric railcar.
Placed the loco on the track, selected train speed as the variable and when the controls were activated it does not move. They just sit motionless on the Test Track. Reproduced several times TRS19 build 114800. Try this loco <kuid2:45324:100196:1> CN C40-8 <- builtin payware.

Bob Pearson

[EDIT] PS
I expected to see the loc there in test track
I think it selects last loco placed on the track. Not sure as I rarely use this feature as Steam Locomotives are still not allowed as test locos.

Last edited:
Summary list updated for Tony and crew

List of broken things in SP4: (source this thread and beta threads, not complete)
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-Wheels of trains rotate too fast (specially noticable on bigger ones) (TNI?)
-CM: freeware becomes payware when used in a DLC, this screws up other items depending on those same assets
check neoklai75 animated people set (caused by DLC Sebino)
-Interface: driver list: heads too big, sideways moving slider overlaps right aligned text
-Consists graphical interface is gone, we asked for a repair, Ugly pics? improve the icon option in CM.
-UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, was not before
also <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX, due to internal code changes (TNI?).
-Drivers are not automatic added in some cases, so you can end up with no focused train at begin of a session
-Driver is added in Surveyor even when "Generate new Drivers for Empty trains" is not checked
-Cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see it's more natural there.
-On steep track slopes train vehicles can have incorrect pitch at start
-Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed
-Collapsing bridges (splineheight issue) even in DLCs (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh)
-White ground textures on distant hills
-Twisted track in Tidewater DLC route (spline issue)
-CM: Routes can have missing items while CM shows them as complete
-CM: can show vehicles as ok, but in Surveyor trainselect list as red
-Merging routes with locked layer(s) gives a CTD.(no warning)
-Bug report for build 114800 is not in the system, have to use "other"
-Drive to Trackmark - parameter max-decel in engine file has no effect (AI vs DCC)
-Drive via Trackmark - up to 50% speed reduction upon reaching trackmark
-Reverse rotated vehicles(locs) in session FI Kickstarter, but not on a new route
-Joining 2 tracksegments with signals(trackside) can rotate the trackside items (kuids?)
-Using F2 QuickDrive after placing a loco causes headlights on loco not working
-Testtrack, no sound, light or movement, selected loco in CM is not used automatic
nor the current one in the main route startscreen.
-New water, shows no serious warning, before convert, while still under development
near impossible to remove, water should be flat not follow terrain height.

hope it helps, greetings GM

Summary list updated for Tony and crew

List of broken things in SP4: (source this thread and beta threads, not complete)
-CM: Routes can have missing items while CM shows them as complete

The above item has now been resolved. CM was correct in displaying no missing assets but the DLC packaged route was faulty. The "missing asset" was present but was not showing up when installed into TRS19. They will be repackaging and reissuing the route to fix the issue.

Peter

Ty Peter good to hear, but a matter is resolved only if everyone had a chance to redownload
2 things I know were repaired but by users
-Gawpo50, repaired a few scenery item that got blendered 90 degree while PBRzing
-Whitepass repaired 2 bogeys in 4 hours
If no one does it, I will, TY for fixing guys !

- Collapsing bridges (spline-height issue) even in DLC's (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh). Whats in the "consist" is no longer being displayed at the bottom of the screen, when installing a consist, etc, etc... greetings GM

Ground hog day. Haven't we "been there, done that" on some of these old bugs??? This sim can get really frustrating at times. Five steps forward, then one step back!!! I'm looking forward to TS2019 SP4 HF1. Who knows, we might even eventually see an SP5.

Happy trainzing all. Cheers, Mac...

Tried to duplicate the flipping behaviour. Created a new session in Kickstarter County, placed twelve CP SD45 #5496 kuid 37002:5496. six on existing track, and six on new track in sets of three. The end engines facing out and the middle engine facing one way on one track and the other way on the other track. Invoked driver, un-paused and then went back to Surveyor. No flipping. Saved the session and closed it. Reopened the session and repeated the Driver / Surveyor cycle. Still no flipping.

What is the kuid of engines that are flipping.

Synchronous CM Window validation

...Jordan has a faulty drive, deneban had to delete his cache and all was well etc.....

Well it was for a while but now the effect is ever-increasing again (originally described in Post #166). It appears that now in SP4, the main window's process thread is temporarily diverted to a CM window refresh routine, and unfortunately not asynchronously like the predecessor versions of TRS19/TANE. The flow path of the main process thread must now be satisfied that every CM window is revalidated/refreshed before turning control back over to the main simulator (game) window. So the net effect on the user is when he/she does specific I/O events in the main window (such as clicking "view sessions", or unpausing the simulation, switching from surveyor to driver, or adding a driver command to a driver, etc...) , the main window becomes frozen or frosted while waiting for all the open CM windows to refresh themselves.

When there are no CM windows, there is no freezing/frosting, but the more there are, the greater the lag. My experience is when the cache is purged, the effect is minimized but comes back over time.

Tony, would you be good enough to ask the dev if they made this change for SP4? Specifically if they are now forcing an synchronous CM window validation to occur on the main simulator process thread. If so, this CM validation should be changed to run asynchronous with the main window.

Perhaps I (or the users) feel the lag because of the SQL telecommunications burden that is needed to revalidate a CM window, but at N3V, the dev felt no lag when they did this, them being right next to the SQL server.

Back