TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

This is why we prefer things to be submitted as detailed bug reports - managing things through a forum is messy.

But since you've kindly summarised, here's our list:

Could not reproduce/need more information or better repro steps:
- Merging routes with locked layer(s) gives a CTD. (QA CNR)
- Drive to Trackmark - parameter max-decel in engine file has no effect (AI vs DCC) (QA CNR - AI uses DCC mode)
- Joining 2 track segments with signals(trackside) can rotate the trackside items (QA CNR)
- On steep track slopes train vehicles can have incorrect pitch at start (QA CNR)
- Interface: driver list: heads too big, sideways moving slider overlaps right aligned text
- Drivers are not automatic added in some cases, so you can end up with no focused train at begin of a session
- Driver is added in Surveyor even when "Generate new Drivers for Empty trains" is not checked
- Cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see it's more natural there.
-CM: can show vehicles as ok, but in Surveyor train select list as red (rebuild db?)

Content issues:
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, was not before
-Twisted track in Tidewater DLC route (spline issue)
-Collapsing bridges (splineheight issue) even in DLCs (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh)
also <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX, due to internal code changes (TNI?).

Not a bug:
-CM: Routes can have missing items while CM shows them as complete
(The route was saved with those items missing. Requires a resave)
-Consists graphical interface is gone, we asked for a repair, Ugly pics? improve the icon option in CM. (There are 100,000 items to be fixed)
-Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed (Intentional. Conversely, "my perfect height tree changed size when I moved it".)
-Drive via Trackmark - up to 50% speed reduction upon reaching trackmark (not new behaviour, AI does need improving)

Under investigation/task raised: (i.e. we have reproduced the issue
-Wheels of trains rotate too fast (specially noticable on bigger ones) (TNI?)
-CM: freeware becomes payware when used in a DLC, this screws up other items depending on those same assets
check neoklai75 animated people set (caused by DLC Sebino)
-White ground textures on distant hills (shader issue, primarily a content issue with some PBR being set to 100% roughness, some 0% roughness. We're working out how to best resolve this.)
-Reverse rotated vehicles(locs) in session FI Kickstarter, but not on a new route (repro identified)
-Testtrack, no sound, light or movement, selected loco in CM is not used automatic
nor the current one in the main route startscreen.
-Using F2 QuickDrive after placing a loco causes headlights on loco not working

Fixed: Bug report for build 114800 is not in the system, have to use "other"

Other:
-New water, shows no serious warning, before convert, while still under development
near impossible to remove, water should be flat not follow terrain height.
>> Just use plateau and set height to flatten it to the right height.

Ground hog day. Haven't we "been there, done that" on some of these old bugs??? This sim can get really frustrating at times. Five steps forward, then one step back!!! I'm looking forward to TS2019 SP4 HF1. Who knows, we might even eventually see an SP5..

That's one of the many things I love about Trainz. We, the users, can be at the "bleeding edge" of developments. But unlike the "big boys and girls"in the software universe, the CEO (Tony) and staff (Zec, Windwlkr and others) are in the forums as are the asset creators (most of them) and they respond to questions. The downside is that N3V are a small operation and don't have the development and testing resources of the "big boys and girls" so it can take time (sometimes a long time) before fixes and requested features will appear.

If Microsoft can't get it right 100% of the time (remember Windows 8 and the Windows Phone to give some recent examples?) then why do some expect perfection with lifelong support for their $US49.99?

People forget that Trainz is a game (sorry to offend those who insist that it is actually a "way of life":)). A diversion from reality.

By the way, I loved the Windows Phone. I find Android a pain by comparison.

My thoughts.

Thanks Tony, take the time to really fix the big ones
will collect more on the things that are not clear
we all love TRS19, we just want the last version to be one we can all be proud of

Deneban - it sounds like you're saying "having multiple CM preview windows open and doing something in game, it is now slower to respond than it used to be". Is this correct?

If so, please provide a step by step example with the assets you have open in CM and in-game, and what the time delay used to be and what it is now.

Any change in performance or time to execute anything is unintended so having a test case before and after is required.

Tried to duplicate the flipping behaviour. Created a new session in Kickstarter County, placed twelve CP SD45 #5496 kuid 37002:5496. six on existing track, and six on new track in sets of three. The end engines facing out and the middle engine facing one way on one track and the other way on the other track. Invoked driver, un-paused and then went back to Surveyor. No flipping. Saved the session and closed it. Reopened the session and repeated the Driver / Surveyor cycle. Still no flipping.

What is the kuid of engines that are flipping.

On my layouts/routes The Castle 'Defiant'' Kuid2:116296:20020:10 and its tender Kuid2:116296:19990:9 flip as do others.

I'm having trouble with the Automatic Fireman feature in SP4. It seems to refuse to add water to the boiler in steam locos (I drive in advanced mode). Is anyone else having this issue?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s00e_OXlokUHpzD9Eh7miWIQnmec22UY/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1DFzQotM6LG-2yhydGw2QtauThwj-Mfk0/view?usp=sharing
view

view

I have observed behavior that may be related to the Loco Reversing Bug / Issue reported in this thread.

Route: <kuid2:622685:102815:5> Eagle County V6

Issue: When driving a loco in DCC mode and using the Direction control (Needed to be able to set restricted mode when backing through a signal) the W and X keys behave as expected. If I then press 1, to get a cab view the DCC control immediately reverses and the speed becomes erratic and the loco virtually incontrollable.

Exiting Cab View alone will not revert the settings.
An emergency stop followed by setting the direction again is the only solution.

I have tested with several Diesel Locomotives and all exhibit the same behavior.

Cheers
Chris

Edit: It is not Route Dependent, I tested on a small route of my own and observed the same effect.
I also noticed that the J Key is no longer throwing the turnouts according to the Heading.
This could effect quite a few sessions if you can longer set signals and switches manually.

Last edited:
Post #166 & 220 : Game window freezing waiting for CM windows to refresh

Deneban - it sounds like you're saying "having multiple CM preview windows open and doing something in game, it is now slower to respond than it used to be". Is this correct?

Yes.

If so, please provide a step by step example with the assets you have open in CM and in-game, and what the time delay used to be and what it is now. Any change in performance or time to execute anything is unintended so having a test case before and after is required.

Hi Tony, thanks for the reply. As I alluded to in my post (#220), testing this item at N3V, in close proximity to the SQL server may show no appreciable performance burden because the refresh of CM windows is very sensitive to SQL server response time. This is why this issue may have been transparent to the developer if he/she did revise SP4 in a manner that now requires synchronous CM windows updates on the main simulator window's process thread. In post #187 we have another American user corroborating my experience.

Therefore I would think in this case where location is a strong factor that may mask the problem, asking the developer would be a better approach to run this down - perhaps you can just email him/her my post #220 and ask for a response? In parallel, I will find the time to make a YouTube video of the issue, which shows the freezing and frosting of the simulation I am experiencing (and where it will be apparent what assets are involved in the demo).

Thanks in advance...

Last edited:
Back up and running with SP3, just got to remember not to accidentally trigger the SP4 patch when it prompts.

Despite my whinging, I do appreciate N3V/Tony taking steps to offer the previous version, until SP4 can be fettled.

Route building can resume and my FCT renewal in November will go ahead.

Good Vern that's the spirit
just a tip: While in SP3 maybe best not to work on turntables or super-elevation

The Deneban found issue, CM base spreadsheet like windows, not many issue here in daily use
Ofc, when CM phones home, FI filter [Download station] there is delay cause it uses the internet
and the small pop-up ones, that often do not auto close.
Right click and select the internal viewer Open..Preview Asset, is a total stutter of my entire system
its HD, CPU and GPU intense (every version of TRS19) The same for [Start Trainz] from the Launcher window
Best noticable, when having FI streaming TV on 1 monitor and work on trainz on another.

Maybe N3v could simulate it by using a separate workstation not linked to the internal network,
using vpn or proxy at very remote places from Aussieland. (maybe they already do)

Content issues:
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, was not before
-Twisted track in Tidewater DLC route (spline issue)
-Collapsing bridges (splineheight issue) even in DLCs (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh)
also <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX, due to internal code changes (TNI?).

Hello Tony,

Does 'Content issues' mean your side or our side (or both)?

There is no your side our side
every item and piece of code used in trainz is a potential showstopper,
A (new) user, that finds that kuid:xxxx:yyy does not work, will blame the total package
Thus, winking away by saying content issue, will in the end byte in a part where the sun don't shines.

gratz Chris !

There is no your side our side
every item and piece of code used in trainz is a potential showstopper,
A (new) user, that finds that kuid:xxxx:yyy does not work, will blame the total package
Thus, winking away by saying content issue, will in the end byte in a part where the sun don't shines.

gratz Chris !

Tx, just want direction, will help if necessary, want it all to work

Hello Tony,

Does 'Content issues' mean your side or our side (or both)?

BTW, this means who gets to work on it, the engine (game) or the wagons(creators) (or both), no ill intentions here, just want it fixed quick. PS thanks to all the creators out there, without you there would not be a game / sim. Nobody thanks you enough.

Splines are really, really acting weird.

Using roads to flatten and smooth does not work quite like it used to and they act opposite of how they have worked in the past.

1) Create a slope.
2) Place a road on it to smooth out bumps.
3) Lock the ends to create a smooth slope.
4) Use the smooth spline tool in advanced tab.
5) Take a look at the results.

But...

1) Create a slope.
2) Place a road on it to smooth the bumps
3) Don't lock the spline points.
4) Use smooth spline tool in advanced tab.
5) Observe results...

It works fine.

After unlocking locked spline points and reapplying the smooth spline tool, the results were as expected.

From what little beta-testing I did this go around, I don't remember this occurring during the beta. Did something break at the last moment?

Landscape smoothed with locked spline points on the ends. The topology pulls away as if it's smoothed, but the spline remains curved as it follows the original land profile.

2021-10-21 130320.jpg

Unlocked spline points:
2021-10-21 130547.jpg

After smooth spline applied with unlocked spline points.

2021-10-21 130636.jpg

Back up and running with SP3... I do appreciate N3V/Tony taking steps to offer the previous version, until SP4 can be fettled.

The best post in this thread :). Will probably do likewise myself, i.e. revert back to SP3! Thank you N3V/TH!

Rob.

I'm having trouble with the Automatic Fireman feature in SP4. It seems to refuse to add water to the boiler in steam locos (I drive in advanced mode). Is anyone else having this issue?
Yes can confirm that water is not be handled by the Automatic Fireman feature in SP4.

Placed steam loco on track, selected Automatic Fireman "true". Went into driver (quickdrive) and selected cab controls in the hud. Ran the loco and observed that coal is added to firebox but no water is added to the boiler as the they are consumed.

Bob Pearson

Back