TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

Thanks GM, at least someone cares :)

You inspired me to try the SP3 version that Tony Kindly provided and chili46 linked above.
It took 6 hours but it downloaded and more importantly, it installed.
It is currently doing a Database Repair and building the Asset database simultaneously, so it may end up in an infinite loop, but as it is only 1:30AM on a Saturday morning here I will have another coffee and see if it runs.

Cheers
Chris

@Chili, lowering a route to 4.5 does not always work, you loose layer info and turfx(layers)

Thanks for the info, but I haven't seen that happen yet. All the maps that I had saved under SP4 and then changed to 4.5 still have the layers including the turfx ones.

Has anyone else had SP4 drop their graphics card out while loading and then freeze up? Once that happens the CPU will fruitlessly grind away with all cores fully occupied and the only way to shut TRS19 down is by using Windows Task Manager which so far hasn't caused any harm or corrupted anything, but it is annoying.
As far as I can tell this has nothing to do with any of the routes I am loading since it happens really early in the bootup process. If I start or restart TRS19 and immediately load the simulator/game I can avoid this dropout from happening nearly 99% of the time. My graphics card driver is fully up to date and Windows is fully updated as well.

Last edited:
Hello Annie,
Have had the freeze-up when using Post-Processing Settings and then the only way to escape just like you is to use WTM.
Cheers, Ken

Has anyone else had SP4 drop their graphics card out while loading and then freeze up?
This can happen if the card overheats. If that is the case, software QA does not entail testing or mitigating for the absence of a functioning graphics card. Are you monitoring the card temperature?

Last edited:
This can happen if the card overheats. If that is the case, software QA does not entail testing or mitigating for the absence of a functioning graphics card. Are you monitoring the card temperature?

The card temperature is good and stays in the green on my monitoring software.

Hello Annie,
Have had the freeze-up when using Post-Processing Settings and then the only way to escape just like you is to use WTM.
Cheers, Ken

I haven't tried doing anything yet with Post-Processing Settings in SP4 Ken, - I've been keeping everything very ordinary and unadventurous waiting for the bug patch to be released.

Try deleting this file.

performance.conf

This is located in the cache folder where the internet cache is.

Once deleted, you'll need to configure your graphics performance settings just as you did when you first installed. I discovered this one day when I had setup my graphics incorrectly and had really awful performance.

Try deleting this file.

performance.conf

Once deleted, you'll need to configure your graphics performance settings just as you did when you first installed. I discovered this one day when I had setup my graphics incorrectly and had really awful performance.

I'm having a stupid day today John because I don't know where to find the cache folder.

I'm having a stupid day today John because I don't know where to find the cache folder.

It's not you, I neglected the full path, or maybe an example.

Your user data folder\cache\

My user data folder is E:\TRS2019_DATA

so the conf file on my system is located in E:\TRS2019_DATA\cache.

Hope this helps.

Try deleting this file.

performance.conf

John,
Thank you for this tip.
I had trouble with the room walls vanishing in my model railway rooms when I got close to them, (images in an early post).

They now render properly and do not vanish :D.
I set my settings to ultra and that seems to have done the trick so far, I'll do some more performance tests later.
I regularly empty the internet cache, that helps with CM performance but don't empty any other caches unless you know what you are doing, I speak from early experimenal experience :hehe: .

Cheers,
Graham

It's not you, I neglected the full path, or maybe an example.

Your user data folder\cache\

My user data folder is E:\TRS2019_DATA

so the conf file on my system is located in E:\TRS2019_DATA\cache.

Hope this helps.

Thank you very much John, you are an absolute treasure.

Hey Guys, I am still looking for a similar issue but haven't found it yet (see image). Since SP 4 update, all of my routes now have a limited driver command box in "A.I. Control Mode". This is Build: 114863 on my main box I run the game (specifically built for gaming so specs are more than adequate)

Ironically, on my other box, its running Build: 11952 and needless to say, all is normal there.

I rebuilt database, uninstalled, reinstalled and still get the same results in Build: 114863

Any ideas on how to fix...? And if it is already out there somewhere, please direct me as I have searched all of this thread...

Cheers!
20211117_100409.jpg

Last edited:
Weird mp3,
Build: 114863 ? sounds like something from the future
SP4 is 114800 (PC) or 114841 (Mac) as far as I know

What is control mode? we normally have DCC, Cabin or AI modes
I don't see any of the 3 in your bottom right corner.
Or is it a special session where everything is disabled?

What happens if you click the first loco, press [Ctrl] then right click?
Another thing to try, place a loco and see if it behaves the same
greetings GM

Hey G.M., thanks for the response...

The Build: 114863 is from my Steam Account running on a Windows 10 PC so not sure if its an update or what as I thought I had Steam updates enabled for "manual" and not auto updates. Sounds like Steam updates when available so like many, I'm stuck for now until I try to unpack a backup (if I saved one...)

I should have said, "A.I." mode and it looks like the photo cropped out the three "dots" in the lower right hand corner of the screen. Those options showing in the photo are the only options I now get regardless of loco, route or right clicking "view details", session, etc.

Needless to say, I'm baffled as I haven't seen anything about a build number similar to mine or driver control mode...

Last edited:
The build number Steam is higher, but the code is the same.

I'd start by looking in the rules and check the Driver Command rule. It provides access to any rules that are ticked.

Tony, I think I have figured out something: in my custom map "Mitchell", the Driver Commands are missing so I have to go back in and add them in the Rules Section. To ensure the settings show up in game, I have to rename the route session. Before, I never had to do this plus I am seeing some consists now showing up as "derailed" even though they are sitting on a siding motionless.

In all other maps and/or modules, I don't see any changes from last upgrade so it must be some particular setting in my custom map. (But, nothing was changed from last update before SP 4 and all was fine...)

Hope this helps better explain my problem since SP 4 update on Steam earlier in the week...

Cheers!

How do I check to see if my TRS19 is up to date with this service pack? According to the wiki, there should be a "check for updates" button on the install screen in settings but mine doesn't have it.

Back