TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

I've checked your account - everything looks to be set up correctly here.
To check if it is listed in your resources, from the launcher click Dev > Enable debug.
Restart and then from the launcher click Developer > Show authorised DRM resources.
Ottertail is simc:sc525

We are near 3 weeks since SP4, a lot of bugs have been reported
getting a bit curious, will there be a hotfix for SP4?
What is really under repair atm.?

The latest newsletter from N3V has just landed in my in box. It contains a bit of news on those fronts.

We'll have a new update in the coming weeks for TRS19 to fix a range of issues including crashes when using the new Monterey OS (Mac users) and derailments at session start.

While it is not a detailed list nor a definitive time-frame, it at least provides some clues. Given the vagaries of software development and the frustrations of bug hunting and fixing, it is more than I would have expected.

SP4 AI Changes

Nav-Bad.png

This diagram shows the stark difference with the AI between SP3 and SP4. In my Fostoria route, a train entering from the left has the single command "Navigate to Toledo Portal". The green arrows show how the AI guided the train between TS12 SP4 thru TRS19 SP3. Pretty much how CSX really does it - takes a crossover, then takes the "Northwest cutoff track", then a final crossover on the final mainline, engines in the front of the train.

For the same exact root and session in TRS19 SP4, shown in red, the AI decides to make a right instead of a left onto the North-South mainline. To get to Toledo, the train then has to go in reverse the entire remainder of the trip to complete the directive, which is ~25 baseboards distant.

Alternatively, but just as bad in SP4, the AI sometimes continues past the diamond and continues east until the entire train is past the diamond and a series of crossover switches (not shown), then stops. The AI then does a similar backup motion to turn the train onto the north-south mainline, but again with the back of train leading first, taking the "northeast cut off track" , and similarly traveling in reverse all the way to Toledo for about 25 baseboards.

All this with no other trains on the pike. I know the workaround to make SP4 behave the same way, but this illustrates how the AI logic has changed between SP3 and SP4. It seems the SP4 AI will plot a route without considering how long the train will be in a reverse attitude.

In the very first post in this thread, the list of fixes
-Fix a crash using the "Navigate to" command
could this be a by-product of this "fix" ?

Do you still have an older TRS19 (SP3 or older) installed with the same route?
if so can you check all switches are in the exact same default position as in SP4?
What happens if you set the switches in route, from West to the Toledo portal direction?
So basicly help the AI a bit

This behavior is nothing new. I had issues with similar setups a decade ago with TS12. I put track marks in the middle of the crossover tracks to ensure the AI has a path. In general, beginning, middle, end works for places like this as it prevents the AI from thinking too hard and getting lost.

'Navigate to' is a rubbish command anyway and shouldn't be used. Like John I had problems with it back in TS12 and I've never used it since.

'Navigate to' is a rubbish command anyway and shouldn't be used. Like John I had problems with it back in TS12 and I've never used it since.

I will second this, navigate is trash. I have been using "TH R route" and the autodrive command so the train goes where I tell it to since the route is preset and the autodrive command does little to no thinking.

False Train Drivers/Engineers -- I have two engines on-track BUT there are 8 engineers/drivers shown. This is constant on all runs of the route. The extra drivers have no train assignments. I see no operational harm (yet).

SP4 114800

In build 100240, <kuid2:523:19721258:1> Berkshire Interior is listed as "Built-in" and the script file n1_interior.gs is readable in a common text editor, ie. notepad or conTEXT.

In build 114800, <kuid2:523:19721258:1> Berkshire Interior is listed as "Built-in, Payware" and the script file n1_interior.gs is not readable in those text editors. The file appears to be encrypted even though the extension is .gs and not .gse.

Why the change to Built-in, Payware with an encrypted script file in SP4 for an asset with the same KUID version? Is this some kind of new payware encryption and not the old encryption scheme used with script files?

Bob Pearson

I will second this, navigate is trash. I have been using "TH R route" and the autodrive command so the train goes where I tell it to since the route is preset and the autodrive command does little to no thinking.

I am not convinced "Navigate to" is the culprit here. Technically it did work, it got the train where it was directed to go navigation-wise. Also, hadn't had this problem since TS12 until SP4, which I attribute to meticulous use of track direction markers and end of line assets. It is the AI that blundered here - it had 3 choices and it picks one of the two that has the train in reverse for several kilometers, and no longer picks the one requiring no train reversal.

This behavior is nothing new. I had issues with similar setups a decade ago with TS12. I put track marks in the middle of the crossover tracks to ensure the AI has a path. In general, beginning, middle, end works for places like this as it prevents the AI from thinking too hard and getting lost.

Did you use it in conjunction with track direction markers and with end of line assets installed where applicable? Those do make a difference in the AI's thinking. With those assets placed meticulously, I have not had this issue for the same route since TS12 until SP4. It appears now in SP4 the AI has been refurbished to not care if the train runs in reverse for tens of kilometers, and choses that over no reversal.

But your point is well taken if the AI is now indiscriminate with train travel direction: target the crossover & cutoff trackmarks in the drivers command list.

In the very first post in this thread, the list of fixes -Fix a crash using the "Navigate to" command could this be a by-product of this "fix" ?

I know, I saw that, but I don't think so for two reasons- a) as I said above, the train did end up at the proper destination, and does so no matter which of the possible 3 routes is selected by the AI, and b) because I made a very simplified version with only the northwest cutoff track and the "navigate to" worked in Sp4. The AI toggled the 4 crossover junctions and took the northwest cuttoff. A bad "navigate to" command would have not destine the train correctly always, I would get a "no path to destination".

Do you still have an older TRS19 (SP3 or older) installed with the same route?
There is no "older" route and session, the identical route and session gives different results.

if so can you check all switches are in the exact same default position as in SP4? What happens if you set the switches in route, from West to the Toledo portal direction?
See this blog entry https://forums.auran.com/trainz/ent...Techniques-and-Progress-on-the-Fostoria-Route The objective is to simulate the real Fostoria without intervention.

HPL;1895709 Looks correct [I said:
now [/I](see ticket #MQU-973-28222). So the question remains: purchased content can become unusable based on N3V's goodwill?
I guess if someone from N3V bothered to manually remove resources from an account, then yes. However, I'm sure that's not the case here.

We have DRM systems to prevent piracy. My guess is that the DRM check failed for some reason, then the subsequent check worked. We haven't had other reports recently of issues like this so hopefully it was an isolated case and not a bug in the system somewhere.

And yes - there will be an update. We're working on it. Many of the bugs are already fixed in the latest internal build. Others we still require reproduceable steps before we can fix anything (and others were fixed by a fresh install etc).

False Train Drivers/Engineers -- I have two engines on-track BUT there are 8 engineers/drivers shown. This is constant on all runs of the route. The extra drivers have no train assignments. I see no operational harm (yet).

SP4 114800
If you are running level crossings which use invisible track, they may be drivers for the consists for those.

As someone who runs small steam engines on minor branchlines and tramways using the advanced steam control set I have to say I am absolutely delighted with the bug fixes that were done with the steam blower and other engine.spec issues in the SP4 update. With the amazing rubber string height control bug also having been fixed you have made me very happy indeed. So well done Tony and team and thank you.

pdTOcee.jpg

Reverting to SP3. It's not pretty and is a bit time consuming, but that's a lot better option than sticking with the broken SP4.

Download the SP3 Installer:

https://dl1.n3vgames.com/Installers/...ler-111951.zip

Backup and remove you current installation {drive}:\Program Files\N3V Games\Trainz Railroad Simulator 2019\

Extract the installer and run it.

There's a lot of cleanup that has to be done and the database has to be rebuilt. Do a clean rebuild (CTRL-Enter on "Rebuild Database") It will take some time (more or less depending on how fast your PC is).

Once it has completed, exit the launcher and restart it. You will need to change your settings (display, performance, etc) and you will need to setup your login ID.

There may be some dependency issues with some of the maps, especially any custom modified maps. You will need to work through those. I found that some of my maps wouldn't load due to "asset is incompatible" warnings. Simple fix: edit the config file and change the build number to a lower number. In my case, I changed 4.8/4.9 to 4.5 and the map would load.

Last edited:
Thank you very much, Tony, for the possibility to download under "MyTrainz" the whole program TRS19 Trainz Plus, build 114800, and not only the online installer.

Regards
Swordfish

This behavior was in all TRS19 versions I think
Tony replied, if we change it, then others complain, my perfect sized tree now changed when moving it
it makes sense, so no need to make something new cause it will have the same behavior (just guessing)

G.M.'s List
--Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed

So it was changed in SP4 and I'm complaining. The way it worked originally is much easier to use when makimg routes. This one change will add time to development of routes, this was a change that maybe helps a smaller amout of developers, maybe with smaller routes. IMO

Tony's statement contradicts itself here. As he says, 'if we change it', which they did, now I have a real hard time creating the perfect size tree.

If someone has knowledge if this issue is something Surveyor 2.0 will correct, please let me know, I can wait, if not, I'm complaining.

Can't throw junction switches in Driver

Having spent a week or more eliminating any faulty components, missing assets and deleting non essential routes, I have just given SP4 another try.

I can now get most of the DLC content to run having removed most of the non DLC Routes, though several Sessions still Hang and need a Ctrl-Alt-Del to finish

More critically I have noticed that I can longer change the "Switch Point Route/Direction" with the Mouse, only 'J' and 'Ctrl-J' work and they now ignore the direction of the Locomotive set in Driver and use what the system thinks is the default, even if the prototype ran short hood forward.

All very confusing and virtually unusable.

I have reverted to TS2009 - thanks for making that free having removed all its dependency's from the Download Station or upgraded them to TRS 2012 level. the latter includes my own rollingstock that I can now nolonger use in my own routes that they were created for.

I am however using TS2009 to finish designing and testing my current layout projects track plan and will hold off the scenic work until TRS2019 is Fixed.

Dammed annoying as I bought a new PC specifically for this version and it no longer works. It makes me wonder if my devotion to and promoting of Trainz for two decades was actually a delusion.

I have tried to reinstall but it reports that the patch is missing from the offline installer and as I am in Darkest Africa the online install fails after 4 hours of trying.

Looking on the bright side, at least the slow Download station is no longer the most frustrating aspect of being a Trainz Fan for the last 20 years......

Cheers,
Chris

@Chili, lowering a route to 4.5 does not always work, you loose layer info and turfx(layers)

@Christopher, hope in Surveyor2, we can also enter the size numerical, in the property window

@Chris, don't get frustrated, check your archives/backups if you still have the TRS2009 versions of your trains
then if you move the route to higher versions and kuids are the same, the never version will be used.
if you want to build routes in TRS19 go for build 100240 (before any SP) its stable and works great here.
SP4+fix will be good, we just have to be patient and report as much as we can.

Back