TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

So I did the usual back everything up before loading an update/patch ritual, - and then with a quick prayer to St Michael I clicked the 'Install Now' button. And it all went wonderfully smoothly, the DBR mulled over my 250 Gb or so TRS19 install for about half an hour and then it was time to see if it all had worked........ And it had. So far everything looks fine on my much treasured handbuilt Norfolk (Uk) layout, but I haven't checked over my mixed gauge 1880s GWR Broad Gauge layout yet.
One thing though, when I looked over my own content in CM I found one item that was tagged 'Packaged'. Now that's new. What does it mean, - and should I be concerned?

No don't worry about packaged, it's actually a used in Payware DLS asset.

So I did the usual back everything up before loading an update/patch ritual, - and then with a quick prayer to St Michael I clicked the 'Install Now' button. And it all went wonderfully smoothly, the DBR mulled over my 250 Gb or so TRS19 install for about half an hour and then it was time to see if it all had worked........ And it had. So far everything looks fine on my much treasured handbuilt Norfolk (Uk) layout, but I haven't checked over my mixed gauge 1880s GWR Broad Gauge layout yet.
One thing though, when I looked over my own content in CM I found one item that was tagged 'Packaged'. Now that's new. What does it mean, - and should I be concerned?

Kotangagirl... Your Trainz installation is 250GB in size? :) Wow. While I have a 2TB drive dedicated to my gaming installations, I still keep an eye on the number of assets (just over 7,000) I have for my Trainz installation. Anyway, Happy Trainzing.

I installed 114800 last night and now the game crashes after about 10 seconds every time I open it. it says "clearing cashed data for assets, scripts, and downloads" and after about 5 seconds the game closes. when i did the update, the game had just crashed from placing down an object. When i reopened the game, it said to do the update, so i did and now this. i tried to do an extended Database repair, but as soon as i click on it it closes. Anyone who can help me with this it would be much appreciated, Thanks!

Kotangagirl... Your Trainz installation is 250GB in size? :) Wow. While I have a 2TB drive dedicated to my gaming installations, I still keep an eye on the number of assets (just over 7,000) I have for my Trainz installation. Anyway, Happy Trainzing.

I'm a terrible little collector of Uk steam engines and steam era rolling stock. I also have a number of largish legacy layouts that I've converted to TRS19 as well. And then there's all the Uk DLC stuff. I really should have good look at what I have installed though and perhaps archive assets I'm not really using anymore.

No don't worry about packaged, it's actually a used in Payware DLS asset.

Thanks for that Malc, - I shall worry about it no longer.

...One thing though, when I looked over my own content in CM I found one item that was tagged 'Packaged'. Now that's new. What does it mean, - and should I be concerned?

Typical N3V! Highly discourteous of them (it!) not to inform us about this! Bloody ignorant Ozies!

Rob.

I'm a terrible little collector of Uk steam engines and steam era rolling stock. I also have a number of largish legacy layouts that I've converted to TRS19 as well. And then there's all the Uk DLC stuff. I really should have good look at what I have installed though and perhaps archive assets I'm not really using anymore.

I love the steam era as well, especially late 1800s of Colorado and parts of California.

Typical N3V! Highly discourteous of them (it!) not to inform us about this! Bloody ignorant Ozies!

Rob.

And now my TRS2019 installation appears to be totally bricked after installing the latest update - can't even get to the launch window!

Rob.

Rob.

Not to burst your bubble, Rob, but I respectfully disagree regarding the "ignorant Ozies" comment. As a retired software engineer I can confidently testify that there ain't no ignorant Aussies creating any aspect of Trainz. 3D development requires considerable skill and artistic talent and my hat is off to everyone involved in creating Trainz.

I am blown away by the quality of the scenery and the water. Then consider all the generous and talented asset creators who submit their creations gratis for the enjoyment of the community at large. Yes, there are things about the environment I wish could be improved and or changed, but overall, I am impressed by what we have available. I have spent many hundreds of enjoyable hours in Trainz. I get frustrated also. But I keep opening Trainz and I keep enjoying my Trainz experience.

I'm sure you do as well. Happy Trainzing.

Edit: Just saw your latest Post. I am sorry you are experiencing so many issues. In the beginning, I had issue after issue and become so aggravated I deleted everything and installed a fresh install and that cured many issues. I hope you get it resolved soon.

Last edited:

Rob.

It wasn't turned into payware Rob. If it had I would be busy with sending off a KUID2 update to the DLS to unlock it. 'Packaged' seems to mean that it's included in a DLC route, but hasn't had its DLS status messed with.

My suggestion for anyone having problems is to try any or all of the following:
1. Update graphics drivers
2. Create a new local data folder and restart. (Easiest way is to exit Trainz, rename your existing local data folder, restart Trainz.
3. If that doesn't work, reinstall (redownload from MyTrainz and install into a new location)

Packaged content is simply that - content that comes from a DLC package (although that definition includes the "built-in routes" for TRS19 since they are not part of the base install package (which is still called "built-in).

My suggestion for this is as follows:

Make the previous version i.e. SP3, available for download and go back to the drawing board with SP4 !... please!

Rob.

My suggestion for anyone having problems is to try any or all of the following:
1. Update graphics drivers
2. Create a new local data folder and restart. (Easiest way is to exit Trainz, rename your existing local data folder, restart Trainz.
3. If that doesn't work, reinstall (redownload from MyTrainz and install into a new location)

Packaged content is simply that - content that comes from a DLC package (although that definition includes the "built-in routes" for TRS19 since they are not part of the base install package (which is still called "built-in).

Desparation?

Rob.

Rob - no, just suggestions. If everyone else has the software running, then there isn't much we can fix at our end. Install it, it works.

This one is totally up to you. The software works when installed correctly. It works when patched from the previous version. You haven't given me much to go on to help you fix the problem.

Doing some trip workings along the tramway on my favourite Norfolk route I first of all discovered that loading times are longer and secondly that my frame rate has dropped from 30 to 15. No settings have been changed and my Norfolk route hasn't been changed in any way since yesterday when I was running it under SP3.
However I will mention that the environmental lighting seems to be better, - again with no changes made to the settings in my master Norfolk route session.

I'll keep on with doing further tests and I'll use the standard timetable schedules for my Norfolk layout since they are a known quantity. I have got my SP3 install backed up to an external hard drive just in case, but I'm not seeing anything so far that's any kind of major worry for me.

Last edited:
another classic nev update, breaking more random things than it fixes... holding out on this until it becomes a usable update in 2024 lmao

Make the previous version i.e. SP3, available for download and go back to the drawing board with SP4 !... please!

Thumbs down to reverting SP4 back to SP3. SP4 working perfectly on two computers here. Nothing broken (random or not), things fixed and a few requested features implemented :Y:. This dissenting viewpoint won't be welcome with some but they are the facts that I see.

Great work Tony and the N3V crew.

Back