TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

...<kuid2:66277:80005:2> UnCouplezFrom is now not working correctly, it puts the hand brake on the decoupled car, it did not before...

Trying to push an uncoupled car, full throttle with a Dash 9

TRS19 SP4 Hand Brake 01.PNG

Freeware becomes Payware...
greetings GM

In your image it shows 'Packaged' on some, that's new to me, I see that in my CM also, what is the 'Packaged' stand for exactly? I'm guessing it's part of a sc:nnn package that is in the 'Content Store'? So CM may need a sc:nnn column?

Christopher,
this "feature" would totally kill the entire humpyard project?

btw you can edit your previous post to add this pic
is your GF driving that train??? (just kidding)

Christopher,
this "feature" would totally kill the entire humpyard project?

btw you can edit your previous post to add this pic
is your GF driving that train??? (just kidding)

I guess I just need to know how to uncouple a car and make sure the handbrake is off. That's all, real simple.I have tried several and had different levels of success with builds 4.3 to 4.8, I like to keep it all working for TANE, TMR17 and TRS19.

4.9 kinda killed it somehow, I think it's the hand brakes, I could be wrong. Could be an easy workaround that would be okay with me, just need to know what it is.

btw, that's my girlfriend
Driver RockyRR

Last edited:
Just tested. in my Set-Driver-Conditions-Rule,
I have an uncouple button on the view-details screen
pushing that(while driving) it uncouples and the wagons without engine, do not brake after uncouple
so it must be in the UncouplezFrom driver command
still strange SP4 changes it

I am a little confused here. I though Surveyor 2.0 would be coming out with SP4? Unless I am missing something here I don't see it when I go to edit my route after patching to SP4.

BTW I am a Trainz Plus subscriber....

Bob

Last edited:
Just tested. in my Set-Driver-Conditions-Rule,
I have an uncouple button on the view-details screen
pushing that(while driving) it uncouples and the wagons without engine, do not brake after uncouple
so it must be in the UncouplezFrom driver command
still strange SP4 changes it

What is the kuid of the command you are using, I would like to try it if it's different from what I'm using, tx

I am a little confused here. I though Surveyor 2.0 would be coming out with SP4? Unless I am missing something here I don't see it when I go to edit my route after patching to SP4.

Bob

See post #5 here: https://forums.auran.com/trainz/showthread.php?165042-Surveyor-2-0-Discussion-Thread

I could be wrong but I had in mind that SP4 would "clean up" things for now and then next big feature to draw in more Plus subscribers would be S2.0. I'll be very anxious to see the next Plus Beta.

Bob

No, maybe it will be the hotfix for SP4?

What if your GF suddenly says sorry Chris, I will not be on the download station
there are 600k items on the DLS, I estimate the total ammount to be far over 1 million
some very good items will never be there, your choice to limit yourself.
Specially when working on something as complex as this, I will not upload on the DLS during development
because I no longer have full control over MY item.
Then today finding that freeware items suddenly become payware, does not help at all.

In my testament I have written, that all items I have ever created for Trainz,
will be made available/hosted by my children even if Auran/N3v/DLS is long gone.
During my 11 year pause from Trainz the dutch community has constantly kept my items online since 2004

Just trying to help, because I love Trainz

What if your GF suddenly says sorry Chris, I will not be on the download station
there are 600k items on the DLS, I estimate the total ammount to be far over 1 million
some very good items will never be there, your choice to limit yourself.
Specially when working on something as complex as this, I will not upload on the DLS during development
because I no longer have full control over MY item.
Then today finding that freeware items suddenly become payware, does not help at all.

In my testament I have written, that all items I have ever created for Trainz,
will be made available/hosted by my children even if Auran/N3v/DLS is long gone.
During my 11 year pause from Trainz the dutch community has constantly kept my items online since 2004

Just trying to help, because I love Trainz

My freeware is freeware, period. Just don't sell it. That being said, and in your testiment, at some point your content will be released as either payware or freeware? Hope so..

My GF is the love of my life,, and an emplyee.. We make a great team, we do many projects together besides Trainz, so she will be the vice president and I will be the president in the corporation if we found one. Her vote will equal my vote, so we become equal.

I think I've found a bug introduced in SP4.

Prior to the upgrade, when I created a session, drivers would automatically be assigned to the locomotives added to it. Now, they're not - I have to add the 'Driver Setup' rule manually. Either this was being automatically added beforehand, or Trainz was automatically assigning drivers. Whatever behaviour was happening has been broken following the upgrade. Can this please be fixed?

So, as with the SP3 updated build before, nothing but pain anger and frustration with this current update.
I have a ticket into NV3 but just to share; loaded the SP4 build and...nothing. TrainzPlus won't even start. Tried several things like restarting my computer, starting it as an administrator. Butkus, notta, no joy.
I must be a masochist because I go through these issues every time there is an update.
When will I learn not to download these silly updates.
Sigh!

@ Christopher, you're a great guy and contribute a lot to Trainz, just asking you to keep an open mind
the Trainz world is not limited to the DLS. Yes, the world is (almost) round these days :)
kuid:99999:696969

@ wildnorwester, yes came to same conclusion, the default in any session seems to not add drivers automatic
you can how ever tick the box, at the bottom of the driver setup window, then it should work normal
if not its a (serious)bug.

@ Charlie, don't give up yet, SP4 does indeed fix many things that are bad in SP3,
make sure the Data base repair has happened complete after updating, the more items, the longer it takes.

Last edited:
@ Charlie, don't give up yet, SP4 does indeed fix many things that are bad in SP3,
make sure the Data base repair has happened complete after updating, the more items, the longer it takes.[/QUOTE]

@GM
Data base repair can't happen if the program won't even open.

In the main TRS19 directory is a commandline app called trainzutil.exe
TrainzUtil repairdatabase, Repairs the Trainz Asset Database.
TrainzUtil repairdatabase extended, Forces DLC packages to be reinstalled and fully repairs database corruption
hope those help

I just updated from 111951 to 114800 (PC). The download was quick and installed even faster. Ran the Database Repair when TRS19 auto-reloaded which took mere seconds (I am very selective what I download from the Download Station and have only 7,410 assets installed and actually use less than a couple hundred assets).

The more I learn about Trainz the more I appreciate all the talent and hard work that goes into the entirety of Trainz. Well done all involved.

There are still things I would like to see improved and added, but overall Trainz is a very satisfying investment of time and money. Thank you.

Back