TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

This may or may not be SP4 but 4 of my bogeys on the DLS are now faulty and I have not been able to fix, the bogeys are build 4.6 for C630 kuid2:58422:100409:3 and kuid2:58422:100417:3.

What I get is "unable to open output file for reading: name of lowest LOD mesh, I deleted LOD4 then it gave LOD3.
There are over a 1000 downloads of this.

List updated for Tony and the hard working crew

List of broken things in SP4:
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-notches either invisible or bad visible
-wheels of trains rotate too fast (specially noticable on bigger ones)
-CM: freeware becomes payware when used in a DLC, this screws up other items depending on those same assets
check neoklai75 animated people set
-Interface: driver list: heads too big, weird sideways moving slider overlaps right aligned text
-consists graphical interface is gone, while we ask for a repair
-UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, was not before
also possibly <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX, due to internal code changes (TNI?).
-Drivers are not automatic added in some cases, so you can end up with no focused train at begin of a session
-in cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see its more natural there
-on steep slopes vehicles do not have the correct pitch at start
-Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed

hope it helps, greetings G(somebody)M

The switch thing was reported late in the game and a fix was not included. I remember seeing posts about it, but it was last week just as the code was being buttoned down.

I don't remember seeing the other things during the testing. I wonder if last minute things were done that caused the interface issues.

@whitepass, downloaded a bogey (with the whopping speed of 4.6 kb/s) and can confirm

it seems SP4 has intense error checking, for .trainzmesh files (in itsself not a bad thing)
the only fix I see atm. is repair the bogey in the program it was made in and export again
could be a chance to look critical at the number of polies used (any mesh over 70k gives troubles)

@John, I just collect all that was posted in this thread and my own observations
to have a list for Tony and crew to work on, no one to blame, just a condensed list.

I spent about 6 hours in Surveyor and had no issues. The good news is everything I did prior was still in place and I continued where I left off. The beta I thought went pretty well and a lot of stuff was caught. As always, having a backup prior to the upgrade proved its worth because it prevented Murphy from invoking computer data hell on my setup.

Things are not without issues, though.

The Bairnsdale route is has a missing dependency is caused by The Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter, <kuid:661281:96790>, missing <kuid2:661281:96030:10>. When checking versions of that missing asset, I found <kuid2:661281:96030:9> is built-in and available, but is not found.

Since the Grass is packaged and locked, I can't update the config.txt file as I would a downloaded asset from the DLS.
I have it installed on Plus beta, but on my new fresh install the same file is missing. I deleted the package, ran a DBR then reinstalled and still missing. The obsolete v9 asset is unusable.

Hi All,

I am getting a lot of false reports of faulty items now. After editing an item and submitting it it will often come as "faulty" A right click and view errors and warnings will say no errors and no warnings. I have found the only way to fix the item is to do a database repair, this as well as other things takes an extra long time when fixing or up-dating things. I have also found when testing an e-spec, which needs testing often, the older method of removing the loco from the track and replacing it no longer works. Now I have to delete the loco, save the session, go back to surveyor, reload the session then replace the loco.
I have been tearing my hair out wondering why my e-spec changes were having no affect on the loco. Is this a mistake or was it done on purpose?

Cheers,
Bill69

Hi All,

I am getting a lot of false reports of faulty items now. After editing an item and submitting it it will often come as "faulty" A right click and view errors and warnings will say no errors and no warnings. I have found the only way to fix the item is to do a database repair, this as well as other things takes an extra long time when fixing or up-dating things. I have also found when testing an e-spec, which needs testing often, the older method of removing the loco from the track and replacing it no longer works. Now I have to delete the loco, save the session, go back to surveyor, reload the session then replace the loco.
I have been tearing my hair out wondering why my e-spec changes were having no affect on the loco. Is this a mistake or was it done on purpose?

Cheers,
Bill69

That happens "normally" after a fresh update and the DBR, which took a really long time to run this time around.

I still have a problem with this here after running a EDBR:

The Bairnsdale route has a missing dependency that is caused by The Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter, <kuid:661281:96790>, which is missing <kuid2:661281:96030:10>. When checking versions of that missing asset, I found <kuid2:661281:96030:9> is built-in and available, but is not found.

Since the Grass is packaged and locked, I can't update the config.txt file as I would a downloaded asset from the DLS.

The :10 version of the grass dependency either needs to be uploaded to the DLS, or the grass asset its self needs to be updated to refer to the built-in :9 version of the dependency and uploaded.

Thinking this issue is related to my working install, I also updated my test version. I already had this route installed in my test version and the older version had no faulty content. When I updated that route via the Content Store, I now have the same missing asset in my test copy as well.

My conclusion is the Grass 56 small - Seasonal - clutter is broken due to its dependency not being included with the package.

My conclusion is the Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter is broken due to its dependency not being included with the package.

The dependency is <kuid2:661281:96030:10> Grass 5 Lib which was installed with the package in both my systems. It is also listed as "Packaged". It has no dependencies.

On second thought, it may not have come with the package. It is listed as a dependent of:-

<kuid2:661281:96116:2> Grass 5a - Seasonal - Clutter
<kuid2:661281:96118:2> Grass 5c - Seasonal - Clutter
<kuid2:661281:96119:2> Grass 5d - Seasonal - Clutter
<kuid2:661281:96121:2> Grass 5f - Seasonal - Clutter
<kuid2:661281:96122:1> Grass 5g - Seasonal - Clutter

as well as <kuid:661281:96790> Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter

The above "clutter" assets came with <kuid2:661281:200019:8> Content Samples #1 which is Builtin, Payware.

Last edited:
The dependency is <kuid2:661281:96030:10> Grass 5 Lib which was installed with the package in both my systems. It is also listed as "Packaged". It has no dependencies.

On second thought, it may not have come with the package. It is listed as a dependent of:-

<kuid2:661281:96116:2> Grass 5a - Seasonal - Clutter
<kuid2:661281:96118:2> Grass 5c - Seasonal - Clutter
<kuid2:661281:96119:2> Grass 5d - Seasonal - Clutter
<kuid2:661281:96121:2> Grass 5f - Seasonal - Clutter
<kuid2:661281:96122:1> Grass 5g - Seasonal - Clutter

as well as <kuid:661281:96790> Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter

The above "clutter" assets came with <kuid2:661281:200019:8> Content Samples #1 which is Builtin, Payware.

I'll have to investigate further, but why is mine broken? Something ain't right as they say.

Okay. I've just fired up Trainz, and found that models that worked perfectly well under SP3 are now showing wheelslip when running - i.e. the movement of the wheels + running gear, as well as the engine sound, is moving faster than the locomotive itself. I've tried increasing the animdist as a workaround, but this has no effect.

This is not acceptable. When I download a patch, it should not break stuff. Furthermore, this will be noticed in my videos.

Ideally, I would like to revert to the last known working version, SP3. However, when I go and look at the download page on MyTrainz, the only build available is the SP4 build. Can a path to reverting to SP3 please be provided for those of us who'd like a game without obvious bugs?

Last edited:
I think (though someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the only way to revert back to SP3 is either to use your backup or reinstall the entire game - having said that, if the SP4 version is the only download available then this would not be an option.

Cheers,

PLP

Bulk Asset Update/Replace - selecting an area doesn't seem to work for me.

Working perfectly for me. Are you sure that you are carrying out all the necessary steps?

1. Specify the scenery object(s) to be replaced
  2. Identify the scenery replacement object
  3. Select "In selected area" from the drop down box
  4. Click inside the small red square alongside the drop down box
  5. Draw a rectangle/square to cover the replacement area
  6. Click "Begin"

I think (though someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the only way to revert back to SP3 is either to use your backup or reinstall the entire game - having said that, if the SP4 version is the only download available then this would not be an option.

Cheers,

PLP

I have the SP2 installer, so I'll reinstall from that, then upgrade to SP3. That should at least get me a working version.

Just had a complete lock up after creating a four board model railway and overlaying the base map. Never an issue in previous versions. Had to Ctrl - Alt - Del to back out.
Looks like it's back to TANE, again.

Working perfectly for me. Are you sure that you are carrying out all the necessary steps?

1. Specify the scenery object(s) to be replaced
  2. Identify the scenery replacement object
  3. Select "In selected area" from the drop down box
  4. Click inside the small red square alongside the drop down box
  5. Draw a rectangle/square to cover the replacement area
  6. Click "Begin"

Thanks. Yes I followed those steps. It happens when other layers are locked. A message pops up warning that assets in those locked layers will not be replaced, but despite the fact that the assets that are to be replaced are not in those locked layers, nothing changes. I have to unlock all layers to ensure the changes happen.

Thanks,
Paul

Thanks. Yes I followed those steps. It happens when other layers are locked. A message pops up warning that assets in those locked layers will not be replaced, but despite the fact that the assets that are to be replaced are not in those locked layers, nothing changes. I have to unlock all layers to ensure the changes happen.

Two possibilities.

1. The current active layer (the one highlighted in the Layers tool) is locked. This is the layer where the replacement assets could be placed, and/or
2. The assets being replaced have been bound to a locked layer.

My theories.

Was playing with Developers settings to lower the gamma (its still default on 2.2)
1.8 looked a lot better, but suddenly this....

I could exit normally

...Looks like it's back to TANE, again.

Yep - me too! After numerous different ways and methods of trying to get a usable TR2019 SP4 install I give up! Still not able to bring up the launcher window, even on a fresh install, both with online installer and full installer! Unfortunately I'm stuck with SP4 now, can't go back to SP3. Hopefully N3V will come up with the answer :hehe:

Rob.

Back