TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

Seem to be having an issue with bulk update.
I use "in selected area" to keep the range local. I lock all other layers so they are not accidentally affected by the update. The layer with the items to change is active and unlocked. But when I select an area and click begin, I get a warning: "One or more route or session layers are locked. Items in locked layers will not be modified. Would you like to continue?"
I click Yes and nothing is changed.. I click NO and nothing is changed.
Only if I unlock all layers will the change be applied to the active layer.

Sort of defeats the safety net of locking all other layers.

Just to make double sure before sending a bug report - verify the bound layers of the objects on the active layer are not locked (or there are no bound layers assigned).

I just tried your method and you are correct. It will not bulk update if there are locked layers and you have used the "selected area" method. It does work with locked layers and the "Current section only" and "Anywhere on the route"methods.

I would recommend putting in a bug report.
Bug report done.

Has anyone else had this problem since updating to SP4?

I've got a texture problem with 'G Style Trilight Signal 04', <kuid2:321936:101863:1>. Anyone else have this problem? I didn't have this problem before updating to SP4. None of the other trilight signals have this problem, just this one signal. I don't know if the textures on that signal is set up anyway different than the rest of the trilight signals.
Faulty-G-Style-Trilight-Signal-04.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if the textures on that signal is set up anyway different than the rest of the trilight signals.

From a distant memory I seem to recall that a green "tinge" or discolouration on an asset means something like a faulty or missing texture - just like the orange boxes in a route indicate a missing scenery asset. Do a recursive dependencies scan of the asset in CM to see what comes up. One possibility anyway.

Regarding wheelslip

Here is an example of EXTREME wheelslip:D

Anyway, I am satisfied with SP4 and using it mostly for AI.
The session lasts for almost 3 hours and many trains are running at same time.
I have tested the session 4 times and one failed, but I could correct it.
Failing command was "Runaround"

Thank you N3V for your efforts and work so far!

Hello Tony,

Content issues:
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, was not before
-Twisted track in Tidewater DLC route (spline issue)
-Collapsing bridges (splineheight issue) even in DLCs (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh)
also <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX, due to internal code changes (TNI?).

<kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX can be removed from the list. I have a new version that corrects the problem. trev999 and I have been working on this and I will be releasing a replacement that is TRS19 compatible, we are just making sure it works with older versions (or how far back it works utill it breaks) then it will be released on the DLS as;

<kuid:647907:100949> CDE Decouple DLX

G.M. please update your list, and thank you for taking the time to make it

Summary list updated for Tony and crew
[v] means fixed, +- in progress to be fixed, --won't be fixed by n3v, ?- n3v does not understand yet

List of broken things in SP4: (source this thread and beta threads, not complete)
?-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
+-Wheels of trains rotate too fast (specially noticable on bigger ones) (TNI?)
+-CM: freeware becomes payware when used in a DLC, this screws up other items depending on those same assets
check neoklai75 animated people set (caused by DLC Sebino)
?-Interface: driver list: heads too big, sideways moving slider overlaps right aligned text
--Consists graphical interface is gone, we asked for a repair, Ugly pics? improve the add icon option in CM.
--UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, due to internal code changes (TNI?).
?-Drivers are not automatic added in some cases, so you can end up with no focused train at begin of a session
?-Driver is added in Surveyor even when "Generate new Drivers for Empty trains" is not checked
?-Cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see it's more natural there.
?-On steep track slopes train vehicles can have incorrect pitch at start
--Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed
--Collapsing bridges (splineheight issue) even in DLCs (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh)
+-White ground textures on distant hills
--Twisted track in Tidewater DLC route (spline issue)
--CM: Routes can have missing items while CM shows them as complete
?-CM: can show vehicles as ok, but in Surveyor trainselect list as red
?-Merging routes with locked layer(s) gives a CTD.(no warning)
[v]Bug report for build 114800 is not in the system, have to use "other"
--Drive to Trackmark - parameter max-decel in engine file has no effect (AI uses DCC)
--Drive via Trackmark - up to 50% speed reduction upon reaching trackmark
+-Reverse rotated vehicles(locs) (flipping) in session FI Kickstarter, but not on a new route
?-Joining 2 tracksegments with signals(trackside) can rotate the trackside items (kuids?)
+-Using F2 QuickDrive after placing a loco causes headlights on loco not working
+-Testtrack, no sound, light or movement, selected loc in CM is not used automatic
nor the current one in the mainroute startscreen.
+-New water, shows no serious warning, before convert, while still under development
near impossible to remove, water should be flat not follow terrain height.

-CM windows freezing when multiple open, needs distant location test (proxy vpn)
-Steam loc: water is not handled by the Automatic Fireman feature
-Adjusting ground (flatten/smooth) with a spline acts different as in previous versions
-Drivers suddenly reply in Welsh, if the session starts at all FFESTINIOG (=flippoing bug)
New
-Locked layers prevents bulk asset replace using "selected Area", while items on unlocked layers
-Steam version users can't revert back to SP3

Repaired by content creators, THANKS !
-Gawpo50, repaired a few scenery item that got blendered 90 degree while PBRzing
-Whitepass repaired 2 bogeys (.trainzmesh checking in SP4) in 4 hours
-<kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX (broken since SP4) will be replaced by
<kuid:647907:100949> CDE Decouple DLX (Christopher824 and trev999)

keep 'm coming and succes fixing, greetings GM

Summary list updated for Tony and crew
[v] means fixed, +- in progress to be fixed, --won't be fixed by n3v, ?- n3v does not understand yet

List of broken things in SP4: (source this thread and beta threads, not complete)

--Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed... greetings GM

Is this in the Speedtrees library? What exactly was changed, can I clone and make a version that acts like the original?

Thanks in advande to anyone that answers

This behavior was in all TRS19 versions I think
Tony replied, if we change it, then others complain, my perfect sized tree now changed when moving it
it makes sense, so no need to make something new cause it will have the same behavior (just guessing)

This behavior was in all TRS19 versions I think
Tony replied, if we change it, then others complain, my perfect sized tree now changed when moving it
it makes sense, so no need to make something new cause it will have the same behavior (just guessing)

The only reason for me to have a clone would be for creating routes using the TCCP. I find it is easier to make routes with the ablility to move and change size.

Here is a video of the new CDE Decouple DLX in action

SP4 Reorders Asset Status Flags and Adds a "G" Flag.

"TrainzUtil.exe", which is recompiled in parallel with every new release of TS12, TANE, and TRS19, now outputs asset status flags in alphabetic order, for the first time in its history, here in SP4. Over the evolution of Trainz, asset status strings have been ever-increasing in length, but they were always output from TrainzUtil in the same predesignated order (i.e. the order the developer's established them):

For TS12 (7 flags) :EIADLMF
For TANE (13 flags) : EIABDPLMFOUXC
For TRS19 thru SP3 (14 flags) : EIABDPLMFOUXCY

In SP4, the output order of these flags is now alphabetical, plus SP4 now introduces a new "G" flag:

For TRS19 thru SP4 (15 flags): ABCDEFGILMOPUXY

I was glad to see the N3V developer rewrote the help argument output to reflect the new order and "G" flag definition. The invention of the 14th "Y" flag was overlooked in this regard in the original TRS19 release.

This change impacts 3rd party developers or script writers who use TrainzUtil. My RMAN software looks for the string "EIABDPLMFOUXC" within TrainzUtil status output to parse out the local status of an asset, and so this makes my latest release of RMAN incompatible with SP4. I will update the release thread and the Wiki to reflect this.

Was prompted to download this "service pack", TRS19 Attempts to rebuild database, freezes the whole PC midway through the process.
Tried the reload SP3 procedure. No change. No access to TRS19 possible.

So when's the next "new best ever version" going to be released? Seems that every time you build a new version, you tinker with it until it is broken, then bring out a magic updated version...and the do the same again.

Was prompted to download this "service pack", TRS19 Attempts to rebuild database, freezes the whole PC midway through the process.
Tried the reload SP3 procedure. No change. No access to TRS19 possible.

If my whole PC froze (which I interpret as meaning no mouse or keyboard response), I would never think of the root cause as being an individual process being the culprit, but rather I would think about what system-wide issues could have caused it.

Last edited:
If my whole PC froze (which I interpret as meaning no mouse or keyboard response), I would never think of the root cause as being an individual process being the culprit, but rather I would think about what system-wide issues could have caused it.
If someone puts a prompt in front of me to download an upgrade[sp4], and when completed, the only outcome is to screw up processes that worked perfectly well before[automated database rebuild], the cause is fairly clear. If a high end computer freezes up completely, but runs perfectly when you ain't trying to open software that has historically been released with numerous bugs, It's difficult to see any other root cause.

It's difficult to see any other root cause.

I agree, the update would be my number 1 suspect as well. The question is why did it allegedly do that to your system, and presumably on others as well, but it did not do that on my two different systems and on the systems of other users? There have been Windows updates that have caused failures on some systems but installed perfectly on the majority of others. Why?

Last edited:
... My RMAN software looks for the string "EIABDPLMFOUXC" within TrainzUtil status output to parse out the local status of an asset, and so this makes my latest release of RMAN incompatible with SP4. I will update the release thread and the Wiki to reflect this...

Could you add a select case and then parse based on the string type?

If someone puts a prompt in front of me to download an upgrade[sp4], and when completed, the only outcome is to screw up processes that worked perfectly well before[automated database rebuild], the cause is fairly clear. If a high end computer freezes up completely, but runs perfectly when you ain't trying to open software that has historically been released with numerous bugs, It's difficult to see any other root cause.

Windows pretty much compartmentalizes non-responsive 3rd party software tasks and they do not usually freeze a PC's I/O unless there is an accompanying hardware issue. That is why my first instinct is the system has the problem and not the software. And no it is not difficult to see a harddrive, memory, corrupt windows installation, or corrupt download issues freezing a PC on a major installation. The event viewer application and systems logs can tell you what happened, and you need those facts before drawing a blameful conclusion. Also check the MD5 hash value on your download to see if it matches that on MyTrainz.

Back