TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

Back up and running with SP3, just got to remember not to accidentally trigger the SP4 patch when it prompts.

Despite my whinging, I do appreciate N3V/Tony taking steps to offer the previous version, until SP4 can be fettled.

Route building can resume and my FCT renewal in November will go ahead.
Good to hear all is well. I still have SP1 installed and have been guarding it like a hawk. How many "remind me next week" choices have I picked? Way too many. I'm not doing any serious development in TRS19 at the moment but I'd hate to lose SP1. It's the only one I trust. The route I'm working on is in TANE and I'm in no rush to move it forward. N3V have a lot of good things being worked on for 19 and beyond and hopefully things will stabilize.

Bob Pearson

Well the faulty SP4 has made headlines in Wales (only in Trainz though).

The driver left his engine for a little time and when he returned he found that it had rotated a full 180 and had melted into the track.

The lady TV reporter asked what happened and the driver replied "Does gen i ddim syniad! mae'n debyg mai Emlyn y Gremlin a'i ffrindiau ydoedd, mae hefyd yn dal i wneud i waliau ddiflannu ar y cynllun."

I am sure that the N-crew will find a cure eventually.

cheers,
Graham

SP4-Defect.jpg

Last edited:
LOL! I'm glad Google translate does a host of languages! I hope to get over to Great Britain and hear Welsh spoken natively someday. It LOOKS like it would sound fairly poetic!

So besides, the wrong pitch on steep hill, the rotation, I see the -.2 bug and the magical disappearing walls
nice pic and story :)

AT least you got in.
I loaded a FFESTINIOG Session and got a message to say "You have derailed your train, session will be ended" and Trainz closed.

I have done two Extended Database Repairs so far and am still seeing Errors on DLC content and many routes will not even start. After 30min of loading, all drive activity ceases and Trainz crashes, only a Ctr-Alt-Del will close it.

This install is only a few weeks old and it is a brand new PC purchased specifically for TRS2019.
But SP4 has even managed to break the Platinum Edition content.

My own routes still work, the downloaded or DLC routs are mostly broken.

Cheers
Chris

Summary list updated for Tony and crew
[v] means fixed, +- in progress to be fixed, --won't be fixed by n3v, ?- n3v does not understand yet

List of broken things in SP4: (source this thread and beta threads, not complete)
?-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
+-Wheels of trains rotate too fast (specially noticable on bigger ones) (TNI?)
+-CM: freeware becomes payware when used in a DLC, this screws up other items depending on those same assets
check neoklai75 animated people set (caused by DLC Sebino)
?-Interface: driver list: heads too big, sideways moving slider overlaps right aligned text
--Consists graphical interface is gone, we asked for a repair, Ugly pics? improve the add icon option in CM.
--UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, was not before
also <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX, due to internal code changes (TNI?).
?-Drivers are not automatic added in some cases, so you can end up with no focused train at begin of a session
?-Driver is added in Surveyor even when "Generate new Drivers for Empty trains" is not checked
?-Cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see it's more natural there.
?-On steep track slopes train vehicles can have incorrect pitch at start
--Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed
--Collapsing bridges (splineheight issue) even in DLCs (like ECML King's Cross - Edinburgh)
+-White ground textures on distant hills
--Twisted track in Tidewater DLC route (spline issue)
--CM: Routes can have missing items while CM shows them as complete
?-CM: can show vehicles as ok, but in Surveyor trainselect list as red
?-Merging routes with locked layer(s) gives a CTD.(no warning)
[v]Bug report for build 114800 is not in the system, have to use "other"
--Drive to Trackmark - parameter max-decel in engine file has no effect (AI uses DCC)
--Drive via Trackmark - up to 50% speed reduction upon reaching trackmark
+-Reverse rotated vehicles(locs) (flipping) in session FI Kickstarter, but not on a new route
?-Joining 2 tracksegments with signals(trackside) can rotate the trackside items (kuids?)
+-Using F2 QuickDrive after placing a loco causes headlights on loco not working
+-Testtrack, no sound, light or movement, selected loc in CM is not used automatic
nor the current one in the mainroute startscreen.
+-New water, shows no serious warning, before convert, while still under development
near impossible to remove, water should be flat not follow terrain height.

new added today
-CM windows freezing when multiple open, needs distant location test
-Steam loc: water is not handled by the Automatic Fireman feature
-Adjusting ground (flatten/smooth) with a spline acts different as in previous versions
-Drivers suddenly reply in Welsh, if the session starts at all

keep 'm coming and success fixing, greetings GM

The driver left his engine for a little time and when he returned he found that it had rotated a full 180 and had melted into the track.

The lady TV reporter asked what happened and the driver replied "Does gen i ddim syniad! mae'n debyg mai Emlyn y Gremlin a'i ffrindiau ydoedd, mae hefyd yn dal i wneud i waliau ddiflannu ar y cynllun."

I am sure that the N-crew will find a cure eventually.

cheers,
Graham

Same issue here too.

Not only is the sim getting X backwards, there's an error causing models to resolve at a fraction of a meter lower than expected on Z. One may be the cause of the other, but we have no way of investigating that without dev tools.

Trying to fix something that we can't fix only leads to frustration.

Good to hear all is well. I still have SP1 installed and have been guarding it like a hawk. How many "remind me next week" choices have I picked? Way too many. I'm not doing any serious development in TRS19 at the moment but I'd hate to lose SP1. It's the only one I trust. The route I'm working on is in TANE and I'm in no rush to move it forward. N3V have a lot of good things being worked on for 19 and beyond and hopefully things will stabilize.

Bob Pearson

DYwAQXt.jpg

The only safeguard is to take a back up copy of your SP1 install and archive it somewhere safe just in case you do make an unintended click of your mouse. I have three copies of SP1 stashed away in different places due to the fact that this illness i live with can cause involuntary finger twitches leading to disastrous consequences. Software that has 'Undo' buttons are very much my friends.

Image2.jpg

I backed up my assets and removed 2019 entirely and rebooted.

Downloaded the Update 3 version. It said "Patch Available" with no other options. I let the install finish.

When it said "Rolling Back" it failed.

I went from broken to nothing. It only gets worse.

Tried twice, failed both times. I cleaned up the registry and tried again. Installed again and it went in. Build 111951.

Now I need to download hundreds of dependencies. At 5k, the DLS is an embarrassment and this will take days and days. What joke that is.

At the very least N3V ought to provide a 12 Hour FCT for re-installions of their issues. Not holding my breath there. I'm certainly not paying for one. I just don't feel the need to pay them for breaking my stuff.

I am having problems trying to upgrade from Build 111951 to Build 114800. Whenever I attempt to patch TRS2019, I get the error saying "Patch failed: failed to read source data." Is there any way to fix the problems?

I'd stay where you are, at least for the time being as 114800 has issues. Odd as it may sound, I'm wishing I had your problem because I'd be free of this nightmare.

I am having problems trying to upgrade from Build 111951 to Build 114800. Whenever I attempt to patch TRS2019, I get the error saying "Patch failed: failed to read source data." Is there any way to fix the problems?

I had a similar problem with one of builds when I tried to update to the next build. The problem turned out to be a corrupted build. I reinstalled TRS2019 from scratch and then installed several patches that took me to proper build. On this new install I pointed to the old local data folder and none of the data was lost.

I tried a different route.

I have a basic install, no UDS.
In the route layer....
A rake of coaches was already on the track without a loco.
I placed a loco at the head of the train, saved and exited, then I went back into surveyor.
The result can be seen in the image below.
The loco and tender are reversed, the wheels are still on the track but the bodies of the loco and the tender have dropped.
The coaches are derailed but not reversed.

Best viewed in fullscreen.

I hope the shot helps the team to find a clue to find a cure.

Bug report submitted.

SP4-defect-2.jpg

Cheers,

Graham

Last edited:
The Crew can confirm that Surveyor has "rotated traincars" backwards for non-Trainz Plus users in SP4. All appears to be fine in Driver. (If you have another case, please provide details).

That's "ok" if you just did something and spotted it, but creates big problems when you come back later and spot a "problem" and try to fix it in Surveyor, which actually then breaks it in Driver.

The repro is:
1. Place a train and rotate it
2. Save
3. Exit and load into Driver - all is well
4. Exit and load into Surveyor - "oh no, the loco is backwards, let me fix that"
5. Save and load into driver - "oh no, the loco is backwards" (due to the "fix" in step 4, which in fact is a bug showing the car the wrong way around).

We're looking at our options.

Meanwhile, Surveyor is currently not a reliable indicator of the "direction status" of traincars (for non-Trainz Plus users).

I can also confirm we're looking at all the outstanding issues and working out a plan.

For anyone having problems, the link to SP3 is available if you want to reinstall.

We also have put a call out for bugs to be filed for any outstanding issues in the newsletter tonight, so please write up any of your issues in DETAIL so that we can address any problems as quickly and accurately as possible.

The Crew can confirm that Surveyor has "rotated traincars" backwards for non-Trainz Plus users in SP4. All appears to be fine in Driver. (If you have another case, please provide details).

That's "ok" if you just did something and spotted it, but creates big problems when you come back later and spot a "problem" and try to fix it in Surveyor, which actually then breaks it in Driver.

The repro is:
1. Place a train and rotate it
2. Save
3. Exit and load into Driver - all is well
4. Exit and load into Surveyor - "oh no, the loco is backwards, let me fix that"
5. Save and load into driver - "oh no, the loco is backwards" (due to the "fix" in step 4, which in fact is a bug showing the car the wrong way around).

We're looking at our options.

Meanwhile, Surveyor is currently not a reliable indicator of the "direction status" of traincars (for non-Trainz Plus users).

I can also confirm we're looking at all the outstanding issues and working out a plan.

For anyone having problems, the link to SP3 is available if you want to reinstall.

We also have put a call out for bugs to be filed for any outstanding issues in the newsletter tonight, so please write up any of your issues in DETAIL so that we can address any problems as quickly and accurately as possible.
Thx for the update Tony. Good to hear you guys are working on the issues & problems all of us are mentioning.

Great service Tony TY
I tried here the same, using a consist (my Thalys Ruby 10 part where 5 are rotated in the consist) in TRS19SP4 (local Euro version)
and they kept their direction fine, maybe cause a consist file has it hardcoded in its table?

?-Cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see it's more natural there.

Repro:
1. Open Driver with a session that has trains
2. select a train(consist with more than 1 vehicle))
3. press 3 on the keyboard (Camera is in Lineside mode)
4. click another vehicle in the same train (the camera jumps)
5. press 2 on the keyboard (Camera is in Chase mode)
6. click another vehicle in the same train (the camera moves natural)

before SP4 the movement was natural in mode 2 and 3
the changed effect can cause nausea

Last edited:
Will the transparent bug of pbr textures ever be fixed? I just got 2019 and noticed that bug with the new textures when for example a road bridge meets the ground. It doesn't look right. In previous Trainz versions up to TANE SP4 this wasn't an issue. I guess using non-pbr textures around tracks, roads, etc. are the only solution for now. Can I import textures from TANE to 2019? What bugs are left to fix in SP4? The latest build is 114800, is that pretty stable right now? The lighting and shadows are better in 2019 but the pbr textures issue is bothering me. It seems like some textures hover above the ground and go through tracks like even hog textures on a route the light blue cuts through the track but if I erase the texture with grid texture it goes away. I guess getting rid of the textures like the tiger lines are another solution after you have laid your track.

Last edited:
Back