TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

Today on the news in my country, the government are taking steps about fake reviews on websites.

The truth is always in the middle, yes some things got fixed,
but they are things that should not have been broken to begin with.
A lot of work was done, I respect coders, know how hard it is.
But all starts with an idea and a vision how and what to do.
Coding is just a means to an end.
If the production team does not really communicates with its users
we get what has happened the last 2 years, no real progress

TNI, seems no one does anything with it, PhysX we learn to turn it off
New in-game store? Still most free fan websites look and work better
for the average user, it is not interesting and thus waste of development time.
Yes on the shelf we find, FI climate, Surveyor2
now those should be good in the future.

I am still happy with build 100240, the rest i can make myself
and enjoy Trainz in all its imperfection.

Today on the news in my country, the government are taking steps about fake reviews on websites.

Great news. Wish the government here would do that as well - but too many Government members here rely on posting "fake" and misleading "news" to do anything about it.

I spent about 6 hours in Surveyor and had no issues. The good news is everything I did prior was still in place and I continued where I left off. The beta I thought went pretty well and a lot of stuff was caught. As always, having a backup prior to the upgrade proved its worth because it prevented Murphy from invoking computer data hell on my setup.

Things are not without issues, though.

The Bairnsdale route is has a missing dependency is caused by The Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter, <kuid:661281:96790>, missing <kuid2:661281:96030:10>. When checking versions of that missing asset, I found <kuid2:661281:96030:9> is built-in and available, but is not found.

Since the Grass is packaged and locked, I can't update the config.txt file as I would a downloaded asset from the DLS.

The Bairnsdale route is has a missing dependency is caused by The Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter, <kuid:661281:96790>, missing <kuid2:661281:96030:10>. When checking versions of that missing asset, I found <kuid2:661281:96030:9> is built-in and available, but is not found.

I have the Bairnsdale route installed on two computers with no missing dependencies. <kuid:661281:96790> Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter is listed as "Packaged".

I have the Bairnsdale route installed on two computers with no missing dependencies. <kuid:661281:96790> Grass 5g small - Seasonal - clutter is listed as "Packaged".

Hmm... I'll try running a DBR and see what happens if not I'll redownload it again.

If we've "broken lots of things" could we please have a list.

So far we've seen a handbrake issue which was resolved by a resave, a couple of people who can't get into the game at all (most likely they've manually done something to their install folder - hopefully they will reinstall and be running without issues), and someone with a crash which we haven't heard back to see if a new local data folder resolved the issue.

Well, this isn't something that has broke, but still a big issue. Several times the 3D ground textures can make tracks invisible.
9D138C11489173353CF8ABEB63BE294814BAC715

Thanks for the update. Can report the following issues not seen before on previous builds:

CTD on 2 of the 3 GCR 15 sessions.

ECML Kings Cross - Edinburgh Flying Scotsman session loads but then reports an error and says the session needs to close - goes in a loop.

AutoDriveWithMCTimetable rule not working (pguy aware).

Cheers,
Paul

EDIT: All taken place after full DBR and multiple attempts

Last edited:
Well, this isn't something that has broke, but still a big issue. Several times the 3D ground textures can make tracks invisible.
It is caused by mixing PBR textures with non PBR track and road splines. The solution is to update the splines to PBR assets or the alternative is to run TRS19 with shaders set to standard.
If it relates to the recent problem with N3V updating old textures, we have been advised that they are fixing the issue.
cheers
Graeme

After doing an EDBR and rebooting my computer I can report that the frame rate on my TRS19 install is back at 30 fps again and load times are steadily improving as routes are being pre-cached. I have to say that I'm absolutely delighted that the height adjustment tools are working again. It was a bit of silly fun with the rubber band effect in SP3, but it is nice to have the tools working sensibly again.
So far I've been shunting and trip working all over the place and all is good. I haven't tried any DLC routes yet as my main concern has been making sure that my own routes that I've put a lot of work into are working properly.

So it's a well done Tony and the team from me and thank you for all your hard work.

Installed OK
DB was quick
Testing was a failure.

A loco and it's wagons were not aligned on the track, (see shot below)
I clicked on the consist and it jumped in to place.
I know it's a steep slope but it is needed, the model is a representation of John Ahearn's Madder Valley.

My model railway rooms are visually rubbished, wall and floor splines vanish, (see image).
No problems in SP3.

You can try my barebone rooms that are all on the DLS to check.

It's not my PC spec and all drivers are up to date
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070S, i7 11700KF, 16 Gb RAM

SP4-errors.jpg

cheers,
Graham

My own model railway rooms seem to be Ok in SP4 Graham, but mine were all built in TS2012 3.5 and not TS2019. What the heck has been done to the splines to make them do that? It must be heart breaking to see your hard work getting ruined like that.

Tony asked for a list

List of broken things SP4
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-notches either invisible or bad visible
-wheels of trains rotate too fast (specially noticable on bigger ones)
-CM: freeware becomes payware when used in a DLC, this screws up other items depending on those same assets
check neoklai animated people set
-Interface: driver list: heads too big, weird sideways moving slider overlaps right aligned text
-consists graphical interface is gone, while we ask for a repair
-UncouplezFrom driver command, turns brake on, was not before
-Drivers are not automatic added in some cases, so you can end up with no focused train at begin of a session
-in cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see its more natural there
-on steep slopes vehicles do not have the correct pitch at start

it's not complete, but hope it helps
greetings GM

Last edited:
Installed OK
DB was quick
Testing was a failure.

A loco and it's wagons were not aligned on the track, (see shot below)
I clicked on the consist and it jumped in to place.
I know it's a steep slope but it is needed, the model is a representation of John Ahearn's Madder Valley.

My model railway rooms are visually rubbished, wall and floor splines vanish, (see image).
No problems in SP3.

You can try my barebone rooms that are all on the DLS to check.

It's not my PC spec and all drivers are up to date
ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2070S, i7 11700KF, 16 Gb RAM

cheers,
Graham

Clue in DB quick? as it took quite some time here and everything is as normal. Suggest a full database repair before assuming anything.

Graham your rooms are fine here just downloaded them in SP4 to check, example below.

Nobody ever listens, however to avoid problems with major updates I do the following.

1. Get rid of anything that's faulty or fix it.
2. Run a full database repair.
3. Back up your install such as copy to an external drive or just copy the TRS19 folder and rename it so you can easily revert if anything goes wrong. No need for people to start ranting and casting blame if take this obvious precaution.
4. Run the patcher and wait for the DBR to finish.
5. Go and make a cup of coffee, if you check resource monitor you will see that there is still a lot of activity taking place on your Trainz Data disk probably related to caching. wait until it stops which on a large amount of Data takes a while.

In your Case Graham I'm betting it never finished caching, it should do at some point.

More for Tony (thank you!)

Trees like <kuid2:661281:75009:1> Tree Pine 2 Random Size - Seasonal & <kuid2:523:19723619:1> Tree Oak 05, no longer change size in Surveyor when dragging them around. The only time the size is changed is when first placed.

<kuid2:66277:80005:2> UnCouplezFrom now applies the handbrake to the detached wagon, did not before. (thanks G.M. for confirming)

The UnCouplezFrom may just need the script adjusted to the new changes in SP4 with the CRG? If so, I would love to see what was done to resolve it as <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX has the possibly the same issue starting with one of the previous versions of TRS19 and trev999 and I have been looking into how to resolve it.

Everything else so far for me is working as expected, easy and quick install

Thank you Tony

More for Tony (thank you!)

Trees like <kuid2:661281:75009:1> Tree Pine 2 Random Size - Seasonal & <kuid2:523:19723619:1> Tree Oak 05, no longer change size in Surveyor when dragging them around. The only time the size is changed is when first placed.

Confirmed: Appears to be all speedtrees that are affected, checked a load from different creators.

List updated for Tony and the hard working crew

List of broken things in SP4:
-Switches in cabins are in the wrong position when entering the cab
-notches either invisible or bad visible
-wheels of trains rotate too fast (specially noticable on bigger ones)
-CM: freeware becomes payware when used in a DLC, this screws up other items depending on those same assets
check neoklai75 animated people set
-Interface: driver list: heads too big, weird sideways moving slider overlaps right aligned text
-consists graphical interface is gone, while we ask for a repair
-UncouplezFrom driver command <kuid2:66277:80005:2>, turns brake on, was not before
also possibly <kuid2:160293:100120:2> Decouple DLX, due to internal code changes (TNI?).
-Drivers are not automatic added in some cases, so you can end up with no focused train at begin of a session
-in cameramode 3, clicking another vehicle of the same train, moves the camera at the speed of light
check mode 2 to see its more natural there
-on steep slopes vehicles do not have the correct pitch at start
-Speedtrees do not change size when moving, only when first placed

hope it helps, greetings G(somebody)M

Clue in DB quick? as it took quite some time here and everything is as normal. Suggest a full database repair before assuming anything.

Graham your rooms are fine here just downloaded them in SP4 to check, example below.

Nobody ever listens, however to avoid problems with major updates I do the following.

1. Get rid of anything that's faulty or fix it.
2. Run a full database repair.
3. Back up your install such as copy to an external drive or just copy the TRS19 folder and rename it so you can easily revert if anything goes wrong. No need for people to start ranting and casting blame if take this obvious precaution.
4. Run the patcher and wait for the DBR to finish.
5. Go and make a cup of coffee, if you check resource monitor you will see that there is still a lot of activity taking place on your Trainz Data disk probably related to caching. wait until it stops which on a large amount of Data takes a while.

In your Case Graham I'm betting it never finished caching, it should do at some point.

Thanks Malc,
My local folder for this install SSD is only 52.3GB, so DB repair is always quick, however, I did a full database repair but still no change.
In the MRR room, move towards a wall, the problem shows when you are close to the wall, move the scroll wheel back and forth near the wall (as you need to do when adding assets) and the walls will break up.
Ive not done any more testing, I keep falling through the hole in the floor :hehe:

I'll be patient and see what the N-Team come up with.

Cheers,
Graham

Back