Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: TRS19 Service Pack 4 Now Live

Okay. I've just fired up Trainz, and found that models that worked perfectly well under SP3 are now showing wheelslip when running - i.e. the movement of the wheels + running gear, as well as the engine sound, is moving faster than the locomotive itself. I've tried increasing the animdist as a workaround, but this has no effect.

This is not acceptable. When I download a patch, it should not break stuff. Furthermore, this will be noticed in my videos.

Ideally, I would like to revert to the last known working version, SP3. However, when I go and look at the download page on MyTrainz, the only build available is the SP4 build. Can a path to reverting to SP3 please be provided for those of us who'd like a game without obvious bugs?
    Last edited by wildnorwester; October 16th, 2021 at 01:24 AM.

I think (though someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the only way to revert back to SP3 is either to use your backup or reinstall the entire game - having said that, if the SP4 version is the only download available then this would not be an option.

Cheers,

PLP
    Building the Swanage Railway for TRS19.

Bulk Asset Update/Replace - selecting an area doesn't seem to work for me.

Thanks,
    Paul

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by paulper View Post
    Bulk Asset Update/Replace - selecting an area doesn't seem to work for me.
    Working perfectly for me. Are you sure that you are carrying out all the necessary steps?

1. Specify the scenery object(s) to be replaced
    2. Identify the scenery replacement object
    3. Select "In selected area" from the drop down box
    4. Click inside the small red square alongside the drop down box
    5. Draw a rectangle/square to cover the replacement area
    6. Click "Begin"
    Trainz Plus (TRS19) build 114800 (SP4)
    Trainz Plus (TRS22) build 115628 (beta)
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

Quote Originally Posted by PortLineParker View Post
    I think (though someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that the only way to revert back to SP3 is either to use your backup or reinstall the entire game - having said that, if the SP4 version is the only download available then this would not be an option.

Cheers,

PLP

I have the SP2 installer, so I'll reinstall from that, then upgrade to SP3. That should at least get me a working version.

Just had a complete lock up after creating a four board model railway and overlaying the base map. Never an issue in previous versions. Had to Ctrl - Alt - Del to back out.
    Looks like it's back to TANE, again.
    TRS22 Standalone - Please Add Surveyor 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by pware View Post
    Working perfectly for me. Are you sure that you are carrying out all the necessary steps?

1. Specify the scenery object(s) to be replaced
    2. Identify the scenery replacement object
    3. Select "In selected area" from the drop down box
    4. Click inside the small red square alongside the drop down box
    5. Draw a rectangle/square to cover the replacement area
    6. Click "Begin"
    Thanks. Yes I followed those steps. It happens when other layers are locked. A message pops up warning that assets in those locked layers will not be replaced, but despite the fact that the assets that are to be replaced are not in those locked layers, nothing changes. I have to unlock all layers to ensure the changes happen.

Thanks,
    Paul

Blog Entries

Thanks. Yes I followed those steps. It happens when other layers are locked. A message pops up warning that assets in those locked layers will not be replaced, but despite the fact that the assets that are to be replaced are not in those locked layers, nothing changes. I have to unlock all layers to ensure the changes happen.
    Two possibilities.

1. The current active layer (the one highlighted in the Layers tool) is locked. This is the layer where the replacement assets could be placed, and/or
    2. The assets being replaced have been bound to a locked layer.

My theories.
    Trainz Plus (TRS19) build 114800 (SP4)
    Trainz Plus (TRS22) build 115628 (beta)
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

Was playing with Developers settings to lower the gamma (its still default on 2.2)
    1.8 looked a lot better, but suddenly this....

I could exit normally

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    ...Looks like it's back to TANE, again.
    Yep - me too! After numerous different ways and methods of trying to get a usable TR2019 SP4 install I give up! Still not able to bring up the launcher window, even on a fresh install, both with online installer and full installer! Unfortunately I'm stuck with SP4 now, can't go back to SP3. Hopefully N3V will come up with the answer

Rob.

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Merging routes with locked layers will cause an immediate CTD.

I was able to repro this one, the hard way, a couple times. This doesn't matter if this is the main route or the merge candidate.

If there are separate layers, they can be combined and moved in the merge-route interface as if there's nothing wrong, but as soon as the merging process takes place it's an instant CTD.

After running a test merge between two test-routes showed everything worked fine, I then checked the differences. Outside of the size, which really wasn't a lot, the main difference was the layers being locked. After unlocking those layers, everything worked fine.

Going forward. the route-merging process should be to check layers and unlock them. In reality, there should be a warning box on the merge-route interface with the interface locked to not allow the merging to take place unless the layers on the route(s) have been unlocked first.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

Quote Originally Posted by JCitron View Post
    Merging routes with locked layers will cause an immediate CTD.

I was able to repro this one, the hard way, a couple times. This doesn't matter if this is the main route or the merge candidate.

If there are separate layers, they can be combined and moved in the merge-route interface as if there's nothing wrong, but as soon as the merging process takes place it's an instant CTD.

After running a test merge between two test-routes showed everything worked fine, I then checked the differences. Outside of the size, which really wasn't a lot, the main difference was the layers being locked. After unlocking those layers, everything worked fine.

Going forward. the route-merging process should be to check layers and unlock them. In reality, there should be a warning box on the merge-route interface with the interface locked to not allow the merging to take place unless the layers on the route(s) have been unlocked first.
    Bit of a theme potentially emerging with locked layers preventing things from happening.

Bit of a theme potentially emerging with locked layers preventing things from happening.
    Yup it's more than just a theme, it's a whole movement and not even a motif!
    John
    TRS22 Beta tester

OMG!!! I finally was able to get Trainz to open after some work but now have lost all my created content, all purchased content, all downloaded content from DLS and all my modified routes.
    Isn't this a fun simulation to play (sic)?
    I moved all my content from my Local and library files over to the new trainz build but they have not showed up in the Content Manager.
    I have run a database rebuild but with no luck.
    Sorry but a game that was meant to enjoy and relax with shouldn't mean having to get hair replacements from yanked out scalp and dental work from gritting teeth.
    My experience with almost every update has been nothing but bad and ALWAYS involved redownloading hundreds of assets and starting over with designing routes and sessions.
    I've had it with this BS!
    Claude
    Last edited by charlielima; October 16th, 2021 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Added clarification

Quote Originally Posted by charlielima View Post
    OMG!!! I finally was able to get Trainz to open after some work but now have lost all my created content, all purchased content, all downloaded content from DLS and all my modified routes.
    Isn't this a fun simulation to play (sic)?
    I moved all my content from my Local and library files over to the new trainz build but they have not showed up in the Content Manager.
    I have run a database rebuild but with no luck.
    Sorry but a game that was meant to enjoy and relax with shouldn't mean having to get hair replacements from yanked out scalp and dental work from gritting teeth.
    My experience with almost every update has been nothing but bad and ALWAYS involved redownloading hundreds of assets and starting over with designing routes and sessions.
    I've had it with this BS!
    Claude
    Hi Claude,

There was no need to do that. All you had to do was an in-place upgrade after you backed up your content prior.

Since the database is fresh and you copied over your content into it. You definitely need to run an EDR to load up the content. Press CTRL while selecting Repair Database from the developer menu on the Launcher.

You are also going to have to reinstall all your DLC.
    John
    TRS22 Beta tester