VR Healesville - 1913-1920 TRS19

HPL

"VR Healesville - 1913-1920 TRS19"... but waiting people on platforms wear modern clothes!

And? Even you must realise that interactive stations use Passenger 2012, and the only other possibility (from memory) is Passenger Western, which is equally not suitable for Australia in the 1910-20s. So unless someone makes suitable passengers for Australia and the period, we're stuck with what it is. You could throw in some person western types, which I do, but as said, not exactly right either. Play on ;-)

I believe the models were updated in TS19 SP3 to the more modern looking passengers we have now. Prior to that I believe the default models were from Trainz Classic 3, the Seattle and Carlisle route. So they looked like 1960s UK citizens.

A search on the DLS reveals two products that are Passengers from the 1920's: 'US 1920s-1930s Passengers', <KUID:520526:1612>, by PWeiser, and 'Passagers 1920', which are 'French country passengers from the 1920', according to the description, <KUID2:458053:100782:2>, by vincentrh.

Hi All
Due to the way that the passenger assets have been used/adopted over time, any updates we make to the passenger assets will obsolete previous passenger assets. For example the passenger set in TC3 and newer obsoleted the old 'Auran' passengers from TRS2004. So everyone went from having approx 90s/2000s looking passengers to having 60s UK looking passengers.

With the latest TrainzPlus routes (Liskeard to Looe, Beloreck to South Ural Mountains, Bairnsdale to Orbost) we have included a new 'Passengers 2020' asset, which replaces the older 'Passengers 2012' asset, with new high resolution people assets. Unfortunately again these won't suit every route, however the quality difference of the people objects is substantial, and we cannot simply keep 10+ year old people assets as the standard forever.

We have, however, made a new version of the 'Passengers 2012' asset available from the DLS, under an official N3V KUID number, so that people wanting these passengers on their platforms or in their trains can still use them.

Regards

Don't forget to update both carriage and platform to any non-N3V passenger set. "Old West" is about the only set available for those of us running trains before the Great War.

:B~)

Last edited:
Back