Using Layers for Eras & Seasons

SRKing783

''Trainz Veteran''
Hi all,

Recently, I’ve been trying out Surveyor in Trainz A New Era. I’m not really the best at it (I did start on mobile after all), but I’m definitely learning. My question for today is the ability to use layers to represent seasons and different years. If a route is meant to represent something in real life, and you want to represent different era, it’s possible, but it’s a bit tedious to have to clone the route in CM and edit all of the objects based on the era… for me. I understand some people have gotten used to it. However, what I was wondering if you could create different route layers, and script them to make it change based on the time of year, and the year in general.

I understand it will require scripting (probably in the config file), and that it might not even be possible - maybe it’s a feature in Surveyor 2.0? Of course, I can’t say whether or not that will happen. However, I was simply wondering if you could represent different eras and different times of year via layers (and yes, I know about seasonal objects and textures - I don’t have any installed, but I do know about them.)

Any help is appreciated, even if your reply says, “No, that’s not possible stupid,” at least you’re being of help to me.

Thanks in advance,
SRKing

Hi all,

Recently, I’ve been trying out Surveyor in Trainz A New Era. I’m not really the best at it (I did start on mobile after all), but I’m definitely learning. My question for today is the ability to use layers to represent seasons and different years. If a route is meant to represent something in real life, and you want to represent different era, it’s possible, but it’s a bit tedious to have to clone the route in CM and edit all of the objects based on the era… for me. I understand some people have gotten used to it. However, what I was wondering if you could create different route layers, and script them to make it change based on the time of year, and the year in general.

I understand it will require scripting (probably in the config file), and that it might not even be possible - maybe it’s a feature in Surveyor 2.0? Of course, I can’t say whether or not that will happen. However, I was simply wondering if you could represent different eras and different times of year via layers (and yes, I know about seasonal objects and textures - I don’t have any installed, but I do know about them.)

Any help is appreciated, even if your reply says, “No, that’s not possible stupid,” at least you’re being of help to me.

Thanks in advance,
SRKing

I seem to remember a driver command somewhere that can control layers?

Back