2019 hard crash to reboot. Couple questions.

swdw

First the problem
TS2019 is now crashing so bad the computer does a reboot from it. There is no consistent pattern. Will do it in driver, will do it in the content screen and did it once in the in game Menu screen where you choose what you want to do.

Have rebuilt the database after each crash. Monitored all my temps and memory usage. CPU temps never got above 54 C, memory usage never got above 35% (have 32GB of memory). For the GPU, temps topped out at 62 C then fell back to the high 50's. Memory usage never went above 25%.

Checked to make sure TANE and TS2019 were not using the same user data folders in AppData

I did install some freeware addons to see how they looked before paying for the site's payware addons. Seems to be when this started.

So here's the question. Next step is to remove the add-ons. Is there anything I should delete in the trs19 folder/subfolders too?

Thanks ahead of time.

Oh yeah, one more questions. What options should I turn on in Settings/Dev tab to have it generate a crash report if this doesn't go away?

Basic sysinfo
Win 10 v 1909
AMDFX6300 at 3.8 Ghz
32 GB of DDR3 1866
Nvidia 1660 Super OC, latest Studio drivers installed (needed for video editor)
ASUS Xonar DS sound card
4 SATA II hard drives. System drive has 286GB free space
TS2019 build 111951

Just an idea... not sure of it's value to you but I just "rebuild" instead of spending hours "de-bugging."

Try a fresh new base install (keeping the one you have) and see if all runs fine. Then add some content and try again. If all goes well then try pointing your new install to your current "main" data folder. That will at least confirm if it's an app or userdata issue.

Suggest filter for faulty installed assets in Content Manager. Fix anything that's red/ needs attention.
Update all 'Out of Date' assets to the latest version.
Check to see if there is anything that is 'Open for Edit' in your UserData 'editing' folder.
Delete the contents of your 'cache/internet' folder in your UserData folders.
Run a Quick Database repair afterwards, exit the program and then restart.
Occasionally check your Trainz log files to see what is causing system crashes from the Developer menu ("Show logs").
Good luck with this quest!

Do carry out a database repair/rebuild before restarting Trainz.

The crash may have left assets not correctly saved/closed - same as if you cloase trainz, then shut down before the trainzutil has a change to close every thing!

Colin

Try increasing your page-file size. That can help a lot in situations like this. I generally set mine to 2x the system-recommended size and I've had good luck with that.

Generally, though, a hard crash like that is a sign of other underlying issues. I would check for bad RAM, using the built-in Windows utility will work, but Memtest-86 is better for a more through check. I would also check the hard drives for errors. It could be as simple as some corrupted data causing the crashes.

How are your video card temps?

Well- never mind.:hehe: The day after posting this the motherboard failed. Turns out the problem was a power cap going bad, so the extra draw from TS2019 caused the crash. :eek: The crashes happening right after I added the free stuff was just a coincidence. Had all the components for a new system on hand, so it was time to put it together, and now I'm back online. :) Just have to go through the reinstallation of everything as I wanted to start with a clean Win10 install.

Well- never mind.:hehe: The day after posting this the motherboard failed. Turns out the problem was a power cap going bad, so the extra draw from TS2019 caused the crash. :eek: The crashes happening right after I added the free stuff was just a coincidence. Had all the components for a new system on hand, so it was time to put it together, and now I'm back online. :) Just have to go through the reinstallation of everything as I wanted to start with a clean Win10 install.

WOW! That'll do it!

I'm glad you got things up and running.

I had a power supply blow up once and it took out my boot drive, a data drive containing email, pictures, docs and school projects, the video card, and motherboard. The drive that didn't fry was my Trainz content drive, so I was pretty lucky.

Back