Old Trainz content

What are some of your Favorite routes, that came built in with a much older version of trainz?
I am talking pre TS12.
And is it possible to find these routes for more modern versions of trainz? (TS12 and on)
I actually wanna try some out.

and on another note:
What is your favorite version of trainz?

(btw mine would be T:ANE)

Builtin routes from TRS2006: Razorback Classic and Regional Passenger Transit (came from Trainz Routes Vol 1). Both of these are on the DLS.
Favourite Trainz version: TRS2006.
And just for the fun of it, I like all Trainz versions even thought they come with 'features'.

Cheers

Highland Valley, Outback Australia and Electric Commuter (first two came with 1.3, the later with UTC and 04). And although 1.3 was where I first 'cut my teeth' in Trainz, my favourite is still 04, for it's relative stability and simplicity - 06 and beyond introducing CMP and the like only has only made the software more and more bloated and confusing, even though 04 once made my PC blue screen (it was a hot day and my PC was not properly ventilated, so that was not really 04's fault).

But like Hiawathamr, I like all Trainz versions, 'features' and all. ;)

What is your favorite version of trainz?

(btw mine would be T:ANE)

Not a fair comparison since, from your timeline, it seems that T:ANE is your ONLY version.

My favourite version is always the latest version. Looking forward to SP4 update to Trainz Plus so it will then become my favourite version.

I don't have any favourite pre TRS12 routes that came built-in (or on the DLS for that matter) unless they have been updated to T:ANE or even better, TRS19 standard.

I still use all Philskene's early routes in Tane.
Cheers,
Mike

Favourite version is Tane.

Last edited:
I guess Mojave Sub is technically an old map, so that's one
Industrail : Philskene
McCall Yard : ?????

Favorite Trainz version?
Even though my thing only says TRS2019 I have played TRS2004. I still think '04 is cool but TRS2019 has to be the best.

All the versions of the Settle & Carlisle are my favourite route, though my preference is for the TC3 original.

It was TS2009 World Builder Edition that really gave me my push into Trainz and building my own routes so even now I still have a soft spot for it. I didn't think much of the final 'upgrade' patch for TS2009 though. Discovering Trainz Classic 3 also made a deep impression on me as well. As much as i like working in TRS19 should the servers fall over and it ends up gone for good I think I'd cope if I had to go back using my old 32 bit versions of Trainz again.

I still fire up 09 in season and run "Winter In Germany," just for the carols.

12 was the first version I was really happy with, but T:ANE SP4 is better.

:B~)

Have followed this product since Trainz UTC was released and main favourites are as follows:

From the Trainz Railroad Simulator 2006 version:

Wadalbavale Line (Cardiff Workshops)
Razorback Railway
Hawes Junction
Trainz Narrowguage Northbay County
Iberia Interior Route and sessions
Monorail Maglev Monorail Project

Trainz Collection 2007 package:

Bolton Abbey Line (British Railways)
Restormal Castle (GWR British Rail Route)
Rosworth Vale (LNER British Rail Route)

They do work in TS12 or higher and some of these routes and dependencies are now updated on the Trainz DLS with newer versions.

Robe River Iron and Queensland were always really good.
I love trying to make a good looking route using exclusively the old Auran made assets. It's a fun challenge.

industrial wasteland.

That was a great route. Been updating it since T:ANE.

Another good one is Highland Valley and the renditions its had over the years.
I also spent a lot of time on the demo version of Dresden to Nurenburg builtin to TS06

Last edited:
I found that 2004 is easier to build with and simpler to use (old age, you can't teach an old Doug new tricks). The only thing I don't like about it is the clickity clack as the buses and trolley buses run along the invisible track. Yes Dave, your 2004 models are still running well after 17 years of good service.

Last edited:
With original trainz there was a Australia map. Only 3 baseboards (HUGE at the time) but was really great in how it wrapped up so mch into such a small area and used scenery blocks to help make it feel so much larger than it was. I miss that one alot.
I had retracked it to narrow gauge when Prowler came out with his content.

Back