TM A to B AND TM B to A repeat

is it possible to send two trains one from TM A to TM B and one from TM B to TM A.
When both have arrived return to original TM and repeat
Hope this makes sense.

Matt

I presume "TM" means Trackmark.

It is possible but, since the Trackmarks are each on a single track segment where it is more likely that the two trains can block each other, it can be tricky.

It would have a better chance of success if there was a double track between the two endpoints and you would need:-

• direction markers to ensure that the two trains do not try to use the same track between A and B
  • careful placement of signals, and probably invisible signals as well
  • triggers and perhaps the "wait for trigger" driver command on one of the two trains OR use the WaitFor rules
  • a lot of patience and problem solving skills

It would, of course, be a lot easier if Trainz had a Timetable feature (but that is another set of arguments).

Yes, with a DMU you will need to change the direction of the train at the relevant terminal before the return journey, with a steam, diesel and electric loco you will need to run the loco round the train before the return journey. You will also need to provide the path at the terminals for locos to run round a train if required and to change track for any return journey. On a single track system you will need a passing place somewhere towards the middle of the route. If it is necessary to sync the trains you could use either triggers or the clock i.e. departure times. Peter

Just read 'pware' comments, I am assuming TM means Terminal.

Yes this is possible. I do it all the time using drive to an track marks, assuming that TM means track mark.

This is exactly how I setup the Smith Cove station shown here. The trams (LRVs) pull in and switch tracks.

I've also setup a runaround type operation where the AI drives to a track mark on the end of the line past the station then returns through the platform. If there are other trains, they will pass each other and switch accordingly. Yes, the AI can and will behave.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 2021-10-09 225138.jpg
    2021-10-09 225138.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 61
Back