Wot, no Sound

ess1

After some years I have managed to obtain suitable computer and monitor to run trainz 2019.

Installed but their is no sound. Tried two routes without success.

Computer and monitor specs more than adequate.

After several years without trainz I am very disappointed. Assistance appreciated.

After some years I have managed to obtain suitable computer and monitor to run trainz 2019.

Installed but their is no sound. Tried two routes without success.

Computer and monitor specs more than adequate.

After several years without trainz I am very disappointed. Assistance appreciated.

There's plenty of sounds in TRS19.

If you are using your new monitor's built-in speakers, check your hardware because some monitors have speakers in them that are driven through your HDMI cable via your sound card. It could be your HDMI cable because there are cables that have the audio connection in them and some that do not. I know because I ran into the same thing and ended up connecting my sound to my old, bog-standard, meaning ca. 1999 speakers due to the same reason.

The other thing that you should be aware of is that is you start Trainz using (say) headphones, then use the Windows sound control to change to speakers, then Trainz won't use the new option.

I'm using either my PCs integral sound card and optionally a USB wireless headset.

Colin

Ess1, Is the problem only in Trainz? I have an issue where I have headphones plugged into the back of an LG monitor, but the NVidia sound driver sometimes seems to lose it. I have to check the sound before I start trains to make sure it is working. If it is not, Trainz will never pick up the sound, even if I refresh it later. Most apps will pick it right up, I have to go into sounds to get the driver working again. But with Trainz it has to be working BEFORE I start Trainz, or I have to close completely out of Trainz, refresh the sound, then start Trainz back up.

Back