Very Rear Blue prints for a CNR Station!

VIA6415

Canaidan Route Builter
I bout thin form a guy they are real. This station is long gone the only existing station with these plans in Nova Scotia, Canada is the Musquodoboit Harbour Station.

244341211_4723331011019683_1036997040608451819_n.jpg

244192600_4723384191014365_1470947707515193884_n.jpg

The Former CNR Station sits on the Dartmouth Sub, the line went as far as Upper Musquodoboit where it terminated, There wore 3 stations on this line that followed this plan Upper, middle and Musquodoboit Harbour Station. Only 1 still remains and is 93 years only if I'm remembering it right. Originally the Dartmouth Sub was planned to meet up with the Guysborough Railway but the project never happened only the roadbed was finished, Google Guysborough Railway for more details.

Cool blue prints

Long ago when I started my career, had to hand draw these kind of drawings for building permits
it was done with Rotring ink pens on thick transparent paper,
make an error and you had to remove the ink with a razor sharp scalpel.
When the drawing was done, you had to print it on a machine using Ammonia and bright TL tubes.
can still smell it.

This drawing was made, specially for the later added wash/bathroom that you can see in a different color in the center.
Go fire up gmax and start making it (if it does not exist yet).
fun to see ty for sharing
greetings GM

The problem is I have no means to export Gmax meshes into trainz anymore, my modelling days are over.

I export to trainz from gmax almost dayly and all works fine
the trainz gamepack still works , I can send you if you want

Cool blue prints

Long ago when I started my career, had to hand draw these kind of drawings for building permits
it was done with Rotring ink pens on thick transparent paper,
make an error and you had to remove the ink with a razor sharp scalpel.
When the drawing was done, you had to print it on a machine using Ammonia and bright TL tubes.
can still smell it.

This drawing was made, specially for the later added wash/bathroom that you can see in a different color in the center.
Go fire up gmax and start making it (if it does not exist yet).
fun to see ty for sharing
greetings GM

I remember those days as well. When I worked as an engineering-tech, I used to go to a special shop to get the blueprints made. My dad worked as a graphic artist and used to do his layouts on tracing vellum. He would then ink in using Rotring pens (You brought back memories!), and I remember him scratching out the errors using an X-Acto knife. Today, at 87 years old, he still does some designs that way but then scans them into the computer for final presentation. He's mostly retired, but still does some freelance work.

Back to topic.... Those prints are neat. Those stations are unique to the CN and its subsidiaries and are still found down in Maine, New Hampshire, and Vermont. They're no longer active stations, but have become homes, offices, and businesses.

When I was in forestry we had 36" x 36" black and white prints of aerial photos of our ownership (each 36x36 was a township & range with 5"x5" sections). These were on transparent vellum or something, and we ran them through a "blueprint machine" to make paper copies for the field. Worked really great. We always told someone to kick a tree so we could see where we were at on the photo. :hehe:

Back