Interlocking and signals in close succession

justinroth

So I'm coming to a point where I have a few complex interlocking on my route. I'm sitting here watching the Fostoria Ohio railcams where there are extremely short blocks trying to figure out how they may be handling proper aspects in situations where and what distant signals may display when there clearly isn't enough room to stop.
It seems in this situation maybe "repeaters" are used? I'm not really sure. Luckily the signals I make in Trainz use a script that can "look past" other signals but I'm still not sure if this is correct. Any insight would be appreciated!

I am working on a Fostoria route and am trying to use the ASB Crossover stuff on the 13 rather complex crossovers at the triangle. I am thinking I will give up and let the trains run through each other. :(

It is likely that they will reduce their aspect by design, so if there is a signal that is too close then it would downgrade the aspect so there isn't a clear and yellow and red within a 300 ft distance or something silly. something like approach restricting to move through the plant if there is a red at the far end. since these are typically controlled there may be many other possibilities as well. continued observation of the real life situation is the only way to be sure.

Back