Thread: Is there a command to actually tell a driver to change the setting of a given lever?

United States of America, Oklahoma, Lawton
    Blog Entries

Question Is there a command to actually tell a driver to change the setting of a given lever?

I've discovered that drivers are sometimes too stupid to figure out which lever to move in a complex junction arrangement as at crossovers, in yards, etc. Only when I flip a certain lever myself by hand in some cases, do they continue with their schedule. If I could specify on the time table which lever for the driver to flip when they get to it, I might not have to baby-sit them.
    TANE SP4 Build 105766, upgraded Aug. 2021, TS12 Build 61388, downloaded Feb. 2018, American citizen, Lawton, OK

Blog Entries

There are two Driver Commands that I know of:-

<kuid:131986:1011> ControlJunction
    <kuid:121843:100445> SetOneJunction

Both do exactly the same thing.

Details can be found at:- https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...ignal_Commands

There are also several Session Rules that can set one or more junctions.

Details can be found at:- https://online.ts2009.com/mediaWiki/...d_Signal_Rules
    Last edited by pware; September 30th, 2021 at 04:14 PM.
    Trainz Plus (TRS19) build 114800 (SP4)
    Trainz Plus (TRS22) build 115628 (beta)
    Trainz Simulator 3 (Mobile)

All you need to do is set a trigger prior to the junction and set it to be triggered by the AI to change the junction. Simple, and I also use it were the AI see's a lot of junctions and can't figure out it has to throw just one!
    Working on Trainz.

Drive via trackmarker would probably work too

United States of America, Massachusetts, Haverhill

Quote Originally Posted by grazlash View Post
    Drive via trackmarker would probably work too
    This definitely works quite well. KISS too.
    John
    Trainz User Since: 12-2003
    Trainz User ID: 124863
    TRS2019/Trainz-PLUS: 114800
    TRS22 Beta tester

United States of America, Oklahoma, Lawton
    Blog Entries

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Alikiwi View Post
    All you need to do is set a trigger prior to the junction and set it to be triggered by the AI to change the junction. Simple, and I also use it were the AI see's a lot of junctions and can't figure out it has to throw just one!

Alikiwi ,

What is the name of the content that performs this action? I think I have just remedied some of this this by making more messy track markers to deal with. Strategically placing invisible signals helps remedy some of these issues too. I can't place a track marker too close to a lever or the fool driving will lock it by his own presence.
    Last edited by JonMyrlennBailey; October 1st, 2021 at 12:06 AM.
    TANE SP4 Build 105766, upgraded Aug. 2021, TS12 Build 61388, downloaded Feb. 2018, American citizen, Lawton, OK

The trigger is called <kuid:-25:1296> Trigger Check. Place it a modest distance before the junction so it has plenty of time to slow down and make use of it. All you need is that and <kuid:-25:1269> Set Junctions added to the list of actions when you set up the session. You can have a "wait for" x# of minutes and reset it, but you then need to make that part of an "Ordered List" so it works.
    Working on Trainz.

Hi
    Is there a way for the junction to re set to original position after the train has crossed .

AHH Think i have found it command AUTDRIVE PAST SIGNAL. then Control Junction to set it back.
    Last edited by goomermatt; October 18th, 2021 at 07:24 PM.

Hi everyone,

You can try the driver command "HoldJunctionOnly" (kuid:131986:1073), and for reset try the rule "Junction Normal" (kuid2:44272:90012:2). I use both and it works fine.

Best regards
    @micalement,

Antoine.