Updating Content Manager Filters Automatically

Prince271088

Hi everyone,

So I have several custom content filters on the DLS that I use each day, mostly to preview what has been uploaded to the DLS overnight and so on. One of the criteria I use in my filters is the date. I notice on the built in filter 'Today' I notice the date updates automatically but when I put a date criteria on my own filters it does not. It's only a small thing, but how do I make the date on my own filters update automatically each day?

Thanks in advance

I don’t think you can (but I might be wrong on that). You can always keep all your other criteria and simply sort by clicking the “date uploaded” column heading. It’s just one or two clicks to ensure the latest uploads are at the top, even if nothing new has been uploaded on the day.

Last edited:
I don't use "today" filter because I never understood it's definition. What timezone is that based on? Is that MY "today?" The servers' "today?" N3V's "today?" and how do I know when "today" ends if I don't know the timezone?

What happens when the "day" flips and you haven't searched for 2-3 hours. Your next "today" search willl be searching on new date and missing 2-3 hours of uploads. To catch everything for "today" you'd have to execute a search just seconds before "midnight" of whatever "today" is else you have no way of knowing if you missed something. Or is my reasoning here flawed?

I do a daily search also but I do a one time shot based on a date (yesterday), that way I know I've looked at everything based on that date.

Last edited:
In my experience "Today" means just that - in your time/date zone. If I install something now at 21:18 on 28-Sep-2021 (in my time/date zone) it will appear in the "Today" filter until 0:01 on 29-Sep-2021, which is about 2hr 42 minutes time.

In my experience "Today" means just that - in your time/date zone. If I install something now at 21:18 on 28-Sep-2021 (in my time/date zone) it will appear in the "Today" filter until 0:01 on 29-Sep-2021, which is about 2hr 42 minutes time.

I'll have to do some checking comparing with timestamps but what about the issue of not wanting to miss anything? Unless you stay up and filter "today" at 11:59:59? You have to check today's date tomorrow anyway for things done since your last check of "today". Right?

Today is great for checking things like "what did I download today?" and such but it's not all inclusive if you want to check daily uploads. (again, unless you check at 11:59:59)

The "Date Installed" and "Date Modified" filter boxes in CM have a date function (on the extreme right of the box) that allows you to set any date. So after midnight tonight I can simply set the Date Installed to yesterdays date to get all the assets that I installed on that date.

I'm aware of those options but fail to see any advantage over just viewing by date, selecting span of dates desired, and opening in new window so you can work the column sorts. Gives the option of doing 2, 3, or any number of days if you wish. It's such a tiny point though.... I guess everyone just has their way of doing things.

Back