A shame.....

tonique100

LpTXJm2
I have bought all versions of Trainz.

I bought six DLC, and it took me 14 days to download those products.

Besides when I try to download to my 19 some scenario of another version from my download station. It is not that it goes down, it is that it is going to 6 kb per hour.

This is a shame, nor do I buy more products or insist on being able to install anything else, neither via FTP, nor via game, nor via anything.

Developer, it seems to me right that you earn money for your work. But what is not normal, is that after buying established products, we limit their download.

A real shame. Without more receive a warm hug.

Antonio de la Peña.
España

Last edited:
The game it's self & any DLC should download as fast as your internet will allow. The Download Station is where all the free content is, and that is limited. You can buy unrestricted access via a First Class ticket (either as a stand-alone or part of a subscription).

peter

LpTXJm2
I have bought all versions of Trainz.

I bought six DLC, and it took me 14 days to download those products.

Besides when I try to download to my 19 some scenario of another version from my download station. It is not that it goes down, it is that it is going to 6 kb per hour.

This is a shame, nor do I buy more products or insist on being able to install anything else, neither via FTP, nor via game, nor via anything.

Developer, it seems to me right that you earn money for your work. But what is not normal, is that after buying established products, we limit their download.

A real shame. Without more receive a warm hug.

Antonio de la Peña.
España

Hello, I'm in U.S. and not aware of internet abilities where you are. What is your download and uploads speed just out of curiosity? Perhaps your ISP trottles your data? Perhaps you simply have slow internet?

When I bought Tane and 2019 they gave me a month of free fast DLS download and no problems with downloads.

If you want the DLS to download fast you will have to buy a fast download ticket, this is right from the beginning of Trainz.

When I installed 2019 and all its original content (Routes and sessions) it took about 3 hours to download and install.

It all depends on the quality of your internet connection and that there are no connection problems at a local, national or global level .

I have been with Trainz since 2005 and I have never seen his avatar or username in the Spanish Trainz forum or on the Trainz websites in Spain.

The fast download ticket is bought by you. It would only be necessary that on top of buying the product, after buying its accessories, we have to buy download tickets, I just need to buy your attention by the minute.

On the other hand, I don't give a damn but it's huge. That you do not see me in the forum, it would only be missing.

My connection, in my country, called Spain, which I suppose you will know since I see it very smart, is the fastest existing one.

I have been with Trainz before you, and I own absolutely all your products.

The only thing I say is that it is an absolute shame, that you buy DCLs, and you have to spend 16 days to download, from its famous server at 6 bits per second.

And without more, have a great time and thank you for your attention.

First you can run one of several internet speed tests to get a baseline speed. An example my internet is RATED at 100mbs but the speed test only shows 90mbs. + or - 10mbs is not a big difference. The difference is probably due to what is called overhead. All that data needs an address so it can tell the network where to send it. There could be check chars to allow the network to see errors. It has been a long time since I messed with TCPIP, the name of all of this stuff.

The special speed product to cause N3V to feed the Internet faster is probably necessary, but only if your baseline speed (above suggestion) is reasonably fast. If it is slow the faster feed by N3V ($$) will not help.

Run the speed test then consider the N3V speed increase only if your base speed is fast. I would say that fast is maybe above 30mbs. Other users may differ.

A speed test is here: https://www.speedtest.net/

Last edited:
I recently (yesterday my time) downloaded several large DLC packages without any speed problems and I do not have the fastest available internet connection.

All software and DLC downloads from N3Vs servers are at the maximum possible speed from their server, there are no speed restrictions at their end. Free DLS downloads can be speed restricted unless you have an FCT (First Class Ticket).

Because no one else has complained about this "problem" then, despite your claims, I strongly suspect that the problem is at your end. Probably with your Internet Service Provider. Have you exceeded your set monthly download limits for example?

The fast download ticket is bought by you. It would only be necessary that on top of buying the product, after buying its accessories, we have to buy download tickets, I just need to buy your attention by the minute.

On the other hand, I don't give a damn but it's huge. That you do not see me in the forum, it would only be missing.

My connection, in my country, called Spain, which I suppose you will know since I see it very smart, is the fastest existing one.

I have been with Trainz before you, and I own absolutely all your products.

The only thing I say is that it is an absolute shame, that you buy DCLs, and you have to spend 16 days to download, from its famous server at 6 bits per second.

And without more, have a great time and thank you for your attention.

You are very angry and unhappy, it is not my fault that you cannot quickly download what you need.
You can complain or describe your problems in:
https://support.trainzportal.com/
For your information I have not bought a fast download ticket for more than twelve years, I am satisfied with the 4.5 KB per second that they offer for free, I am not in a hurry to get what I want to download.
I just remembered that when buying Trainz 2019 they were giving away a quick download month and I made the most of it.

I'm always confused by these types of posts. With the international nature of the hobby, (Google Translate sometimes gives strange results) it could be a really confused newbie or a wanabe troll.
Despite his short timeline, he has been a member since March 17th, 2009, according to his profile. Did he just forget or didn't get around to register all the previous versions, although if you buy them directly, are they not automatically registered? The same for steam versions?

Just tested my Internet connection and get 4.59 Mbps download through my VPN according to speedtest.net .

PS> Even though mine says November 9th, 2006 which was just because of great forum crash, it is really August 10, 2002. I suppose a 2009 date is real.

Last edited:
My download speed is 476 Mbps, but then, I'm on the web all day doing websites, uploading video and audio and such so reliable and fast internet is a business need for me. It sure makes it nice for Trainz downloads.

Sorry, my English is really bad, that's why I use google.

Well, the truth is, I don't know what happens, all the rest of the downloads are going to perfection, except for Trainz's, I'm going to investigate to see what it can be.

Thanks.

Well, solved the problem. One of my beaglebones diverted part of the line to a router, which downloads the content of the game.

After saying ... "Girl stop doing that", it seems that it is going well.

Thank you all for your help, except @ 1611mac, that this Lord, in order to respond in the forums, and say that we are all trolls, or whatever they say, is wider than short.

Thanks again and I hope google translates it well. until a hundred years from now .....

tonique100 - I offered a couple of ideas in post #3 to help but post #5 made me think you were POSSIBLY trolling. It's likely translation issues. However, I gladly apolgize to you. I'm glad you got things working. Happy Trainzing.

Last edited:
I'm glad you solved the issue as well.

It's a good thing that Google Translate isn't used for diplomacy, otherwise, we would be in a nuclear war somewhere in the world! :)

Well, solved the problem. One of my beaglebones diverted part of the line to a router, which downloads the content of the game.

After saying ... "Girl stop doing that", it seems that it is going well.

Thank you all for your help, except @ 1611mac, that this Lord, in order to respond in the forums, and say that we are all trolls, or whatever they say, is wider than short.

Thanks again and I hope google translates it well. until a hundred years from now .....

You can use deepl.com. It translates the things better than the Google translator.

Back