TRS2019 bad graphics on mac

ejraid

I have been playing trainz games for close to 9 years now and this is the first time that I have had a problem that I couldn't solve. Over the summer I downloaded mac OS Big Sur and around this time my T:ANE started to have very buggy graphics. Everything except for the ground is see through with odd lines everywhere and when anything rotates it becomes blurred on the screen. I haven't really tackled solving it until this past week. I have tried everything from restarting my computer to completely deleting the game and all of its related files and reinstalling, no luck. I then wondered if it was just T:ANE and TRS2019 would work better, no such luck still the same bad, weird graphics. Has this been a problem for anyone? If so has anyone solved it? Thanks

I’m not having any graphics problems here. I’ve got M1 Mac Mini. I’m using Trainz Plus though on Monterey. Monterey did a number on the graphics and no sound. Graphics was fixed by the latest version for Mac.

I have a PC which I game on but I also have Macs... (I'm a Mac guy for all else but gaming.) I sometimes carry my old 2011 MacBookPro running High Sierra with me and play selected less demanding routes. Things are slow as expected but I have never had "odd lines" or "weirdness".... Just slow rendering and stuttering which I expect on that machine.

Last edited:
Ok Thank you, looks like I'll have to wait for a software update from apple to update the graphics drivers. Oh well, I guess I'll start planning my next route in the meantime.

What build of Trainz do you have? SP3 brought Metal optimizations to Trainz and worked with my Intel Macs on Big Sur.

Since I downloaded TRS2019 on Sunday I would assume I am running SP3 but I can't find anywhere that says its running SP3. Edit: I have read that the SP3 build should be 111951 however mine is only build 110504. Does this mean I have SP2 installed and need SP3? How do I go about downloading SP3 then? Thanks for all your help.

Last edited:
You need to register your copy of TRS19. When you do "TRS19" will show on your "timeline" next to your name here in the forums.

You find the "Build" you are running on your "Launcher" panel. In bottom left hand corner it will have "Build" and the build number. If you are on Mac I THINK you will be on [FONT=&quot]111956[/FONT] which is, as you surmise, the public SP3 release. But I could be wrong. I'm on windows (though I have Mac installs too but not SP3)

Ok so update, I got TRS19 to work on my computer. I couldn't download SP3 through steam so I contacted N3V who sent me a link to download SP3. This ended up working very well and I am very pleased with their customer service. To anyone who also has this issue, SP3 will fix it, it is just an issue of knowing who to talk to to get SP3. Thank you to everyone for all of your help in getting this resolved.
https://forums.auran.com/trainz/sho...ainz-2019-to-SP3-in-Steam&highlight=trs19+sp3
here is another link on this issue if anyone else needs it.

Ah, you were on steam. Steam doesn't support the Mac anymore. Glad you got converted over to the regular version and got things fixed.

Back