Empire Builder Derails in Montana

My train that I was on passed through that area at high speeds on Thursday (23-Sept) on my way back to Chicago. The cars where jumping to the point you couldn't walk down the aisle.
The speed is 80mph out there but the driver I think was going 85mph-90mph out there trying to see if he can make up any time since the train was 90 minutes behind schedule.
I saw the sister train in Milwaukee on Friday which I recognise from the pictures since I remember how the consist was setup.
Prayers to those who are on the train.

Cheers

NBC news reporting tonight that it was traveling Westbound at just under the speed limit of 79mph, but investigation continues. Two locos and ten cars. Five cars derailed suddenly. I also heard on the radio that there is a backlog of grain trains trying to get to the coast, so they would really like to get the tracks clear. I suppose after they are inspected. :eek:

My train that I was on passed through that area at high speeds on Thursday (23-Sept) on my way back to Chicago. The cars where jumping to the point you couldn't walk down the aisle.
The speed is 80mph out there but the driver I think was going 85mph-90mph out there trying to see if he can make up any time since the train was 90 minutes behind schedule.
I saw the sister train in Milwaukee on Friday which I recognize from the pictures since I remember how the consist was setup.
Prayers to those who are on the train.

Cheers

Evening all,

We are still in middle of Texas visiting extended Family members :D

This was very interesting read about rough ride part, I have ridden trains back in the day and remember those rough spots! Have to wonder if the Tracks were out of alignment and or there was wear points/joint issues Etc...:(

It will be interesting to hear, Blue, as it was pretty much straight track in a flat prairie. Either something happened to the track or something broke on a car.

Back