Fixing faulty payware included in a route - the new Rodnye Prostory in this case.

thenelm1

Both this route and the new Centralia Sub Division route have a number of dependencies that come up faulty, all of which I've seen so far are for texture errors - missing texture.txt and .tga files. Most are easily fixed, except of course for the locked down payware items. How do we fix these?? Any suggestion appreciated.

And I have to ask, how do such items get into a payware route at all, particularly if dependencies need texture.txt/tga files and are being checked or flagged for same, versus just a texture file?

Tried right click revert to original on the payware items? That's the standard fix for faulty builtins and payware in fact usually sorts out anything from the DLS that's faulty as well.

Payware and builtin do not have tga and texture.txt they are compiled into the .texture format which is the format the game engine actually uses, it also stops people cloneing and messing with payware items. For other assets TGA and texture.txt are compiled into .texture when loaded into the game, which we don't see happening.

For other assets TGA and texture.txt are compiled into .texture when loaded into the game, which we don't see happening.

Is this true? Wouldn't compiling 1000's of textures slow all down up on start
and if .texture would be better, why can't CM compile them when you add them to the game,
so we don't need to compile at start of a session.

Think it only complicates trainz for users, has no real performance benefit at all.
And it don't protect anything, since we can decompile them or simply replace the textures.

Is this true? Wouldn't compiling 1000's of textures slow all down up on start
and if .texture would be better, why can't CM compile them when you add them to the game,
so we don't need to compile at start of a session.

Think it only complicates trainz for users, has no real performance benefit at all.
And it don't protect anything, since we can decompile them or simply replace the textures.

You can not decompile Payware .textures as they are locked to stop people messing with them that came in with TANE, Pevs program does not work on payware .textures only on non payware.

It's not faulty if installed using the in-game package download tools (either from Content Store or the Routes menu).

I've got the route Rodnye Prostori and it doesn't have any faulty dependencies. You probably didn't install in correctly from Content Store, like Tony said above it shouldn't be a problem. Also, try rebuilding database.

It's not faulty if installed using the in-game package download tools (either from Content Store or the Routes menu).

Which is exactly what I did using the install option from the Content Store.

"You probably didn't install in correctly from Content Store, like Tony said above it shouldn't be a problem. Also, try rebuilding database."

Umm, unless there is someplace or function I'm not aware of, to install from the Content store involves a single action, activating the install button to the right of the selected item. And yes, I did a DB rebuild. (And I should have mentioned that the two items are
<kuid2:661281:85070:3> PBR Rocks 4 - Seasonal & <kuid2:661281:85089:5> PBR Rocks 5 - Seasonal.)

Someone else suggested using the revert to original option - short of actually trying to edit the file (which I did), that option isn't active.

Last edited:
Which is exactly what I did using the install option from the Content Store.

"You probably didn't install in correctly from Content Store, like Tony said above it shouldn't be a problem. Also, try rebuilding database."

Umm, unless there is someplace or function I'm not aware of, to install from the Content store involves a single action, activating the install button to the right of the selected item. And yes, I did a DB rebuild. (And I should have mentioned that the two items are
<kuid2:661281:85070:3> PBR Rocks 4 - Seasonal & <kuid2:661281:85089:5> PBR Rocks 5 - Seasonal.)

Someone else suggested using the revert to original option - short of actually trying to edit the file (which I did), that option isn't active.

Might need to run an extended DBR. Have you run that as well?

Rico

Those two items are built-in. Have you installed the two Tane updates from the store, these may solve the texture problem.

By the looks of it, you did all right things. I've just checked these 2 items, the are built-in in my game and they were since 2019. They don't have any errors or warnings. I have the standard TRS19 edition, and these rocks were firstly dependencies from the Sebino Lake Route. I don't know, though, what could happen if you don't have the Sebino Route. These 2 items are not on DLS (which is still a big problem with N3V, and I hope they are working on it), so it's not like you can re-download them or something. What I would do is delete the route through Content Store, and reinstall it again.

And, by any chance, if you are on Standard TRS19 build too, did you ever delete the Sebino Route? Content Store allows you do to that. If you did, try to download it again. Maybe this will "solve" the problem.

Back